• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Season Thread

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love Tre White. Love! All heart. Hates to be beaten. (Evans TD catch he played good coverage...not much you can do there). He takes this personally and is gonna be a great player.

Taylor played very well. Very well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win today, didn't think we could take this one as Tampa needed to win this game in a bad way

yet we managed to hold them off

Our defense seems to be overwhelmed by top receivers, Evans dominated us and overall we just simply couldn't handle all the weapons that they had, this will be a problem against other good offenses going forward

biggest adjustment I noticed on the offensive line is we had Groy in a lot and it really helped, especially in the run game

and Deonte Thompson, I barely even noticed this pickup because I didn't think it was at all relevant..turns out he was a revelation for this offense. I don't think he will do that well again because we sort of caught them by surprise with him, but it will at least open up opportunities for the rest of our receivers now with another capable guy out there

Incognito got banged up early, so Dawkins and Groy were filling in for him at LG for a while, but he did return. Did Groy get time at RG as well? I didn't notice.

Deonte was great. Caught everything thrown at him, a true hands catcher. Zay even caught a few today once Tyrod got in sync with him a little better. Those two are not typically on the same page, thus all Zay targets look uncatchable for the most part. Matthews caught a ball or two early, but was limited the rest of the way. We even got a WV QB to WV QB TD, nice grab by Logan.

I was great to see McCoy finally get in the end zone. My fantasy teams thank you, Shady lol.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on Zay. It seems Taylor loses all accuracy when he throws to him.
Ducasse was at RG the whole game. Dawkins came in for Incognito. I only saw Groy on goal line packages.

Taylor blew the end of the half. Wasn't happy with that, but he continues to be efficient.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love Tre White. Love! All heart. Hates to be beaten. (Evans TD catch he played good coverage...not much you can do there). He takes this personally and is gonna be a great player.

Taylor played very well. Very well.

White is quickly becoming a favorite, I can see why we picked him...he fits perfectly with this coaching staff

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito got banged up early, so Dawkins and Groy were filling in for him at LG for a while, but he did return. Did Groy get time at RG as well? I didn't notice.

Deonte was great. Caught everything thrown at him, a true hands catcher. Zay even caught a few today once Tyrod got in sync with him a little better. Those two are not typically on the same page, thus all Zay targets look uncatchable for the most part. Matthews caught a ball or two early, but was limited the rest of the way. We even got a WV QB to WV QB TD, nice grab by Logan.

I was great to see McCoy finally get in the end zone. My fantasy teams thank you, Shady lol.

I actually think Groy was a swing tackle at points

Unfortunately I did not realize this before but apparently the Buccaneers have the worst pass rush in the NFL...so that's the real reason our offensive line played better

Did go to show us that Tyrod can actually play pretty well when he's not immediately under pressure and the run game actually goes well. I really hope Tyrod and Zay start working together on routes or something, we need them to be on the same page

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far to summarize this season I mean this is a good start 4-2 is a much better start than any of us anticipated, the sobering reality is it might be because our schedule was much easier than anticipated

The Broncos offense has absolutely cratered since their win over the Cowboys

The Falcons offense has fallen apart too, that much has become clear the past three games...I think Sark is sitting in the booth drunk while calling their plays...they ran an end around on 4th and goal last night

The Bengals loss was a horrible loss by us on all accounts

but at the same time the good news is that for whatever reason this year every NFL team has it's issues...I mean it is absolutely crazy how much parity there has been in the NFL

everyone is flawed and that's good for us

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor blew the end of the half. Wasn't happy with that, but he continues to be efficient.

That was mindblowingly stupid. 12 seconds and no time outs. One shot at the endzone then kick the FG. Simple....or so we thought.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we didn't want Dareus around anymore, only getting a 6th round pick?

But I guess he wasn't playing much anyway

we have a need there now

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we have a need there now

so glad we passed on A.J. Green and Julio Jones to get him... seriously though, hadn't heard his name more than once this year... serious talent with serious head games.

not to mention, Patrick Peterson and J.J. Watt.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we have a need there now

Except with even playing 40 percent of the snaps is still better than a sixth rounder. How can they continue to say ohh yea we are here to win and then trade away talented players for nothing. The actions dont match the words and if I was in that locker room I would start questioning things. Especially if I was from Whaley cause you never know when they will dump you for nothing.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so glad we passed on A.J. Green and Julio Jones to get him... seriously though, hadn't heard his name more than once this year... serious talent with serious head games.

not to mention, Patrick Peterson and J.J. Watt.

That's why we are where we are

so many good picks in the first round of that draft, and other than the teams that took the non-Cam Newton QBs we made the worst pick

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except with even playing 40 percent of the snaps is still better than a sixth rounder. How can they continue to say ohh yea we are here to win and then trade away talented players for nothing. The actions dont match the words and if I was in that locker room I would start questioning things. Especially if I was from Whaley cause you never know when they will dump you for nothing.

I'm playing the wait and see with this because it really does seem like our coaches are installing a new culture here and after last week's win it really truly seemed like it...so far from what it seems like Dareus wasn't fitting into this and if he was being a poison in the locker room I understand the trade completely.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT A WIN TODAY EVERYONE!

Wow I did not expect this one, we absolutely dominated the Raiders to win today

an absolutely huge win

now let's not do something stupid and lose to the Jets...what an embarrassment that would be

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT A WIN TODAY EVERYONE!

Wow I did not expect this one, we absolutely dominated the Raiders to win today

an absolutely huge win

now let's not do something stupid and lose to the Jets...what an embarrassment that would be

even our backup DB's (Wright and Elston) are better than last year's secondary!

Hats off, Mr. McDermott! I'm giving you all the credit for the linebacker adjustment (among many other things) I've noticed. Dropping deeper into the middle of the field. Taking away the middle cross which has hurt us most of the year. Preston Brown played well.

:yo:

Zay Jones getting more and more comfortable, but he and Taylor just not complete yet. Holmes continues to impress in a small role. And Shady looking sweet!

Ducasse has eliminated the ineptitude on the right side of the line. It is a fantastic feeling.

+14 in the turnover ratio this year!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even our backup DB's (Wright and Elston) are better than last year's secondary!

Hats off, Mr. McDermott! I'm giving you all the credit for the linebacker adjustment (among many other things) I've noticed. Dropping deeper into the middle of the field. Taking away the middle cross which has hurt us most of the year. Preston Brown played well.

:yo:

Zay Jones getting more and more comfortable, but he and Taylor just not complete yet. Holmes continues to impress in a small role. And Shady looking sweet!

Ducasse has eliminated the ineptitude on the right side of the line. It is a fantastic feeling.

+14 in the turnover ratio this year!

We still lack in talent in some areas

but the main difference is we are extremely well coached

it is clear that if you don't buy in, you're off the team...everyone playing seems to have bought in

with how imperfect everyone in the NFL is this year, being a well coached team is huge for us to keep winning

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+14 turnover margin is simply amazing...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks we have performed what can only be described as trade r*pe

We acquired Kelvin Benjamin a true #1 receiver, who is only 26...for only a 3rd round pick and a 7th round pick that we probably threw in there just to rub it in their face...amazed we pulled this off. McDermott and Beane are both familiar with him

To summarize our big moves, we have basically done this

We gave up:
Watkins
Darby
3rd round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick

We gained:
Benjamin
Matthews
Gaines
2nd round pick
3rd round pick

We have both upgraded our roster AND our draft picks

incredible

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks we have performed what can only be described as trade r*pe

We acquired Kelvin Benjamin a true #1 receiver, who is only 26...for only a 3rd round pick and a 7th round pick that we probably threw in there just to rub it in their face...amazed we pulled this off. McDermott and Beane are both familiar with him

To summarize our big moves, we have basically done this

We gave up:
Watkins
Darby
3rd round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick

We gained:
Benjamin
Matthews
Gaines
2nd round pick
3rd round pick

We have both upgraded our roster AND our draft picks

incredible

Though realistically at the end of the year we end up getting Benjamin and a second for Darby. Since Watkins Matthews and Gaines are all FA. Also maybe this was because of the horrible trade we made for Clay just to release him.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you fucking get your hopes up that maybe...just maybe things will be fucking different we turn around and do this....seriously what a fucking embarrassment we are tonight

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line has got to be the first position we address this offseason