• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 season thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then Jimmie Johnson summarily gets loose and takes out Kurt Busch. Nice move there Jeemie!!

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The foretaste today is ominous for the quality of the racing for next Sunday. Like last year in the 500, nobody could do anything with the Gibbs Goons for most of the race.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Hendrick front row. 3rd straight 500 pole for the 24 team

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus side is Chase Elliott wins 2nd straight 500 pole. Negative side is his draw for the 1st duel race. All 3 other hendrick cars are in 2nd race. He will have to contend with both Penske Fords and 3 Gibbs cars.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: The Chase was introduced in 2004

Another Fact:

Coincidence? HELL NO

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is dying. WE have all chronicled its progression into the shitter. There are reports that indicate that attendance at tracks is way down because this economy from the last 8 years has taken the money away from the fanbase. Nobody is watching this crap on TV either.

Petty Motorsports is down to one car and other small teams are cutting back as well. It is only a matter of time until there are a handful of races left and it'll be a series for the top four or five teams because the cars are all the same with different noses and tails. What a waste of time and money this joke is!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice rained out. The racing is going to be very, very interesting tonight.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid pack racing thus far.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is dying. WE have all chronicled its progression into the shitter. There are reports that indicate that attendance at tracks is way down because this economy from the last 8 years has taken the money away from the fanbase. Nobody is watching this crap on TV either.

Petty Motorsports is down to one car and other small teams are cutting back as well. It is only a matter of time until there are a handful of races left and it'll be a series for the top four or five teams because the cars are all the same with different noses and tails. What a waste of time and money this joke is!!
I'm interested in seeing what the ratings for the races after the Daytona 500 get since usually the most viewership every year. If it's around the same as last year and doesn't drop any, I'll be surprised. I almost wonder if Brian France will be like Vince McMahon and change the rules around midseason like he did when the XFL was around to try to gain people back.
And unfortunately, I don't see Petty lasting much longer, which will be another chapter in the NASCAR history books that's finished. I'm almost surprised that they've held on for as long as they have.
I just don't see how a lot of these one car teams stay around every year. I don't know the pay scale for all of the races but since most of these guys are nothing but field fillers and some can't even find sponsors, I don't see how a lot of them don't take massive hits. I think those final four teams will end up being JGR, SHR, Hendrick and Penske since they're the ones that won well over 3/4 of the races last year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Richard Petty passes, I see Richard Petty Motorsports folding up shop because there is no one in the Petty camp/family that wants to keep the business going. Kyle certainly isn't interested in being an owner. He can barely keep the Victory Junction Gang Camp going. You never know though but I think that will be the end of the iconic 43.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Richard Petty passes, I see Richard Petty Motorsports folding up shop because there is no one in the Petty camp/family that wants to keep the business going. Kyle certainly isn't interested in being an owner. He can barely keep the Victory Junction Gang Camp going. You never know though but I think that will be the end of the iconic 43.
Agree. From what I've heard, RPM is way behind the times with the technology at it's shops and can no way compete with those bigger teams. The chances are very slim that it'd even get a high end driver over there anymore unless it's like a Bowyer or Kahne situation where they drive for them in a "playing out the string" year to get to the premiere team.
If there was ever a number to be retired in NASCAR, I definitely think that it should be the 43 if/when Petty finally closes up shop. Doubt it'll happen though because if they ever retired numbers, Dillon wouldn't be in the 3 car right now.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. From what I've heard, RPM is way behind the times with the technology at it's shops and can no way compete with those bigger teams. The chances are very slim that it'd even get a high end driver over there anymore unless it's like a Bowyer or Kahne situation where they drive for them in a "playing out the string" year to get to the premiere team.
If there was ever a number to be retired in NASCAR, I definitely think that it should be the 43 if/when Petty finally closes up shop. Doubt it'll happen though because if they ever retired numbers, Dillon wouldn't be in the 3 car right now.
The 43 might as well be another team anyway. They are no longer located in Level Cross. I'd be interested in hearing just how much say Petty actually has on the team. I honestly think Petty just goes to the races because he has nothing else to do. They need to merge with another team, possibly Roush.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 43 might as well be another team anyway. They are no longer located in Level Cross. I'd be interested in hearing just how much say Petty actually has on the team. I honestly think Petty just goes to the races because he has nothing else to do. They need to merge with another team, possibly Roush.
I was thinking that he was more or less just the face of the franchise ever since they merged with Evernham. I think that even a merger with RFR won't do much good since Roush just downsized for this season.
What Roush needs more than anything is a talent infusion since Bayne and Stenhouse are definitely not the guys that are going to come even remotely close to sniffing a championship. I don't think there's another Edwards or Kenseth coming down the pike to turn things around for them so they'll be personas non gratis for the immediate future.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that he was more or less just the face of the franchise ever since they merged with Evernham. I think that even a merger with RFR won't do much good since Roush just downsized for this season.
What Roush needs more than anything is a talent infusion since Bayne and Stenhouse are definitely not the guys that are going to come even remotely close to sniffing a championship. I don't think there's another Edwards or Kenseth coming down the pike to turn things around for them so they'll be personas non gratis for the immediate future.
Yeah, merging with Roush probably wouldn't do much good in the long run. The only way Roush will ever return to prominence is by throwing a large amount of money at a top name. The only potential free agents after this season are Kenseth and McMurray, who incidentally are both former Roush drivers who I doubt are interested in returning.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the trucks made it 1 lap before destroying about 10 trucks.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truck race was nothing short of a wreck fest. There may be 3 clean trucks left.