• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Roster

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this guy turns out to be a younger, faster, cheaper Beasley and our PR it will be an amazing pick for us. If he ends up being our PR for years to come and nothing else he would still be a good 4th round pick. Like any draft pick (even first rounders) I think you need to hold off until you see them play and not start slotting them into contributing roles before then. But optimism is all around based on our recent draft success. So add him to the list of guys I am excited to see.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this guy turns out to be a younger, faster, cheaper Beasley and our PR it will be an amazing pick for us. If he ends up being our PR for years to come and nothing else he would still be a good 4th round pick. Like any draft pick (even first rounders) I think you need to hold off until you see them play and not start slotting them into contributing roles before then. But optimism is all around based on our recent draft success. So add him to the list of guys I am excited to see.
I hope he is the answer to our poor return game. Can't wait to see him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry on McFadden:
On ex-Arkansas RB Darren McFadden, also with the Cowboys now:Darren's a daddy on our team and I say that respectfully - the players look up to him tremendously, he's one of the handful of leaders we have. He's all business, he's all pro. Boy does he still have that burst and speed. We'll see, in my mind, a lot of Darren McFadden this year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see more of Morris and McFadden this year, particularly in garbage time. Would drive me up a wall when we would have the game well in hand and Zeke would still be picking up tough/pointless yardage late.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see more of Morris and McFadden this year, particularly in garbage time. Would drive me up a wall when we would have the game well in hand and Zeke would still be picking up tough/pointless yardage late.

I think McFadden is going to be 2nd string

I hope we see more of McFadden on early downs to give Elliott a little more rest. Zeke needs to be the every down 3rd down back. It's such a tremendous advantage having him on the field on 3rd down, Elliott can do it all and the offense doesn't tip their hand with specific personnel groupings - kinda like they did with Lance Dunbar on the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Morris was going to be the #2 guy. I liked the skill set he brought as a short yardage, close out the game type guy and think it was more needed for this team than what McFadden brings. Plus, when he came here he showed he could catch the ball much better than I thought he could. But McFadden may just be the better player and if he is, he plays and it may mean Morris is gone if they like the UDFA from Temple or anyone else they can get to play STs. I don't think we will have 3 RBs on the game day roster that don't play STs. So there is an opening for Thomas or someone else to take a job. Roster spots could be tight this year so I think McFadden and Morris are fighting for one spot sans a Zeke injury.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McFadden is going to be 2nd string

I hope we see more of McFadden on early downs to give Elliott a little more rest. Zeke needs to be the every down 3rd down back. It's such a tremendous advantage having him on the field on 3rd down, Elliott can do it all and the offense doesn't tip their hand with specific personnel groupings - kinda like they did with Lance Dunbar on the field.
I think McFadden is #2 as well with health. I think he'll also return kick offs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge Anthony Brown fan. I was so impressed with him as a rookie that wasn't really even expected to play. If I put my secondary together today he would be starting, but that writer may just need to tap the brakes a little bit. But it was a very good read and hopefully a reminder that he is still in the mix for a starting job. You don't see him talked about too much right about now. I suspect that changes a little as we get closer to the season. Thanks for posting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Read an article today that made me think Cooper isn't expected to win a starting job. They were talking about how often he is taking snaps at center. That sounded like game day backup at both G and C to me based on what this team has done in the past. I was going to say maybe it means Collins at RT and Bell at LG. This one never crossed my mind. I do like them trying different lineups to see which sticks though.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with both you guys. Never even considered Green at LG.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge Anthony Brown fan. I was so impressed with him as a rookie that wasn't really even expected to play. If I put my secondary together today he would be starting, but that writer may just need to tap the brakes a little bit. But it was a very good read and hopefully a reminder that he is still in the mix for a starting job. You don't see him talked about too much right about now. I suspect that changes a little as we get closer to the season. Thanks for posting.

I would pencil him in as a starter for sure. Now he has a year under his belt and another off season to learn, his ceiling is higher (this year) than any of the other CB, IMO.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about practice and how Collins and Fredrick pulled out and was so smooth and quick that the D was like WTF? Really caught everyone off guard.

If he can adjust technique-wise (and stay healthy), I like the potential here. Having an All Pro on either side of him won't hurt either.