• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Regular Season Thread

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I was the o's I would have used bundy 5 inn and pull him all year 30 starts 150 inning winner winner chicken dinner .

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, our starters are too Jekyl and Hyde. How long has it been since we had 2 quality starts in a row?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way yaco pitched today let him start and piggy back him when britton is back . bundy says he feels good and isn't tired

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O's are now tied for last place.

Bundy seems gassed. Schoop and Manici are the only real consistent hits on the offense.

I'm still saying trade away everyone who is a free agent by 2018. Get prospects and build for 2019.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O's are now tied for last place.

Bundy seems gassed. Schoop and Manici are the only real consistent hits on the offense.

I'm still saying trade away everyone who is a free agent by 2018. Get prospects and build for 2019.
I agree with the trading them part. I'm just worried that Dumpster Dan will trade them and an international player slot for some rule v picks.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the trading them part. I'm just worried that Dumpster Dan will trade them and an international player slot for some rule v picks.

Currently, the Orioles are actually still 6 games better than their expected record of 34-51, which would be good for 28th in the MLB. Let's hope that regression to the mean sorts itself out... "just keep losing for the rest of the 2017 season," basically.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently, the Orioles are actually still 6 games better than their expected record of 34-51, which would be good for 28th in the MLB. Let's hope that regression to the mean sorts itself out... "just keep losing for the rest of the 2017 season," basically.

The way their going they might get there. With Jimenez and Anquio pitching bound to get more loses.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insert choking meme here.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, how many times do I have to say it? Gausman fucking sucks...spotted a 6 run lead and blows it in less than 2 innings...

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, how many times do I have to say it? Gausman fucking sucks...spotted a 6 run lead and blows it in less than 2 innings...

To be fair, Gausman has been extremely unlucky this season (0.371 BABIP). That being said, he has also been under-performing even after adjusting for defense and bad luck (4.75 FIP)...

Really, the biggest issue with this team right now is that "we don't have a rotation at all" (even Bundy is performing like a #3/4 starter, and everyone else is worse). They have nothing to lose by selling almost the 25-man roster by 7/31 and calling up everyone from AAA after that...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Gausman has been extremely unlucky this season (0.371 BABIP). That being said, he has also been under-performing even after adjusting for defense and bad luck (4.75 FIP)...

Really, the biggest issue with this team right now is that "we don't have a rotation at all" (even Bundy is performing like a #3/4 starter, and everyone else is worse). They have nothing to lose by selling almost the 25-man roster by 7/31 and calling up everyone from AAA after that...
I hope you mean aa ? and high a .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so after the break we will have our rested bp back . lets see britton 9 th brach 8th oday 7th givens 6th and alternate bleir and hart . I do like yaco he will be good soon . what i'm saying we want be shoving weak leaks out every night . I don't see how these starters can be any worse then they was in the first half . schoop and mancini who is going to help I would love to see schoop at short and move on from jj . hey atleast our next core is coming up as pure hitters ? hays, mullins , rifela, sisco to go with schoop and macini . I do think we will run off some big winning streaks .

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao, looks like the break really served us well.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words...Fire Sale.

Trade everyone who is a free agent after next year. We need 4 new starting pitchers to be competitive.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done with Saint Showalter.

He would fucking cut guys like Bud Norris and Miguel Gonzales for nothing in return, bench Arrieta out the door, and trade Matusz for a bag of beans. All of those guys had a tiny leash.

And every damn one of them would be a welcome starter over Gausman...even if they all had struggles at times.
They were never ever allowed to work through bad patches.

But, Buck loves "his guys". He is notorious for this favoritism.
JJ Hardy can bat .121 and play everyday if he wants.

No matter how insanely horrible Gausman, he keeps getting chances.
At least Ubaldo & Miley were established starters for other teams with some success.

Gausman has sucked his entire 5 year career.
The Orioles averaged about 86 wins a season for his 5 tenure, yet as a starter his career high in wins is 9???

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck loves "his guys". He is notorious for this favoritism.
JJ Hardy can bat .121 and play everyday if he wants.

No matter how insanely horrible Gausman, he keeps getting chances.
At least Ubaldo & Miley were established starters for other teams with some success.

Gausman has sucked his entire 5 year career.
The Orioles averaged about 86 wins a season for his 5 tenure, yet as a starter his career high in wins is 9???

While we're at it, the Orioles organization needs a new owner and GM as well. I think I had said this before:

You know that something is seriously wrong with the way that the Orioles organization evaluates and develops pitchers when the 2012-15 version of Wei-Yin Chen was the best starter that the Orioles have had since Mike Mussina.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, the Orioles organization needs a new owner and GM as well. I think I had said this before:

You know that something is seriously wrong with the way that the Orioles organization evaluates and develops pitchers when the 2012-15 version of Wei-Yin Chen was the best starter that the Orioles have had since Mike Mussina.
This! I haven't liked Duquette since he got here. The guy always comes across as an asshole and I can't think of too many times the guy has answered a question without giving some type of runaround that makes no sense. I know he gets a lot of the credit for building the team during the playoff runs but I credit all of that more to Andy MacPhail. I REALLY wish that Dumpster Dan went to Toronto when those rumors were swirling about.

And tonight was the first time in about two weeks I've watched part of a game. And boy do I wish I didn't because I turned it on and Miley got tagged for six runs and yanked before the 5th inning was over (shocking to everyone, I know). And just looking at how pathetic Gausman was last night makes me sick. And yet Dumpster Dan still thinks that we are going to be buyers at the trade deadline?!?!?! Has this idiot not watched this starting pitching staff?!?!?! We are going nowhere with these five (at least Bundy has been decent but I think wearing down) starting every day. We need to start selling and I really don't care who leaves town. Anyone can be had for the price is right (although to Dumpster Dan, that'd be rule V slots) and makes this team better for the future (I can take a Cubs or Astros like rebuild where we are horrible for years but then become legit World Series contenders for many years to come).

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going nowhere with these five (at least Bundy has been decent but I think wearing down) starting every day. We need to start selling and I really don't care who leaves town. Anyone can be had for the price is right (although to Dumpster Dan, that'd be rule V slots) and makes this team better for the future (I can take a Cubs or Astros like rebuild where we are horrible for years but then become legit World Series contenders for many years to come).

The problem is that this team has already missed quite a few good opportunities for selling high on certain players, given the benefit of hindsight. For example:
  • Britton should have been traded after 2016, which was clearly a career year for him (0.230 BABIP... enough said). A similar argument could also be made for Tillman or Gausman after 2016 to a lesser extent.

• Likewise, Miley should have been traded after April or May this year.

As I've said previously: They might nothing to lose and everything to gain by replacing almost the entire 25-man roster with players from the farm system, whether they're considered "real" prospects or not. To put it bluntly, it's a strategic version of a "mop-up reliever" concept: It's a "mop-up roster" for getting through the remaining 72 games of the 2017 season, and their main role is to ensure that the players that we'd actually want to keep wouldn't get hurt.

Last edited:

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox got the Cubs top 2 prospects for Quintana who has a 4.7 era this year. We should be able to get solid prospects for Manny, Jones, Britton.