• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I grew up liking Tennessee," Etienne said with a big smile. "The orange caught my eyes."

His first visit to Tennessee this weekend didn't disappoint. It was an experience that has left quite the impression.

"Great visit and first impression," Etienne said. "Everything was really nice up here. It was different than Louisiana, but I can see myself here. Just the atmosphere and the people here. Everyone is so friendly. The coaches are like a family environment. Just like real genuine people."

He's been to Texas A&M, LSU, and several others, but does one visit stand out above the rest?

"They are all great, but this one is on top right now,"Etienne said. "With the atmosphere being like a home environment and feeling at home. Right now I don't have a leader, but it's crazy."
-Austin Price

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton continued to build a bond with Azzanni, saying, “He’s cool. I love him. He’s a cool guy. I feel like if I got to Tennessee he’s a great coach and he’ll get me ready for the next level.”

With needs along the defensive line and at tailback, Tennessee has just one spot for a receiver. Maybe. Even that isn’t a foregone conclusion. But while 2017 spots are super tight, interestingly, the Vols didn’t discuss numbers with Payton.

“No. They’ve talked to me about playing my freshman year when I come in,” Payton said. “But they haven’t really told me how many positions they have open or receivers spots they have left.”
-Jesse Simonton