• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4* DE Rivals.com

“He’s not leaning anywhere,” Waldrop told SEC Country. “There are people writing that he’s a heavy lean here or there. I can tell you right now and I would tell God and everybody that he has zero clue where he’s going. He does not know. All these people writing all this stuff about Alabama is the furthest thing from the truth.”

Waldrop said Tennessee is firmly entrenched near the top of his list, too. That holds true to what Ray has said all along. He can see himself playing for the Volunteers because of the strong relationships he’s established with the staff. Waldrop said it seems as if Tennessee’s entire staff is recruiting Ray to join its program.

Waldrop said Ray’s decision will come down to either Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi State or Ole Miss — his top 5 schools.

“It is going to be one of his last five,” Waldrop said. “I would not be surprised if it is Tennessee. It just would not surprise me because of the relationship there. It is crazy how hard the coaches on that staff want him for their team.”
-SEC Country

I've said all along Tennessee is in it more than some think. With that being said, it will still be hard to get him out of that state with Alabama essentially thinking he's the best DE in the country. But, he does like the Vols a good bit and has been here plenty of times.
-Fortenberry

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 4* QB:

“They have always been pretty far up my list,” Yankoff said. “I have always liked them. I like the school. I like the staff. I like the environment there. So the offer was big. I really appreciate it and I'm excited about it.”

“Obviously, the football program is pretty darn good and I like that. But when I visited this past summer, I really liked the city, actually,” Yankoff said. “It was very cool. The fact that there is water around is cool. I know that sounds silly, but up here we have a bunch of lakes and it's really fun in the summer to get to go wake surfing and stuff. I thought that was cool. I just like the environment there. “I'm hoping to make it back up sometime soon. Probably sometime in the summer time. I'm not really sure yet. I would like to make it up for sure to visit.”

After committing to Oregon back in June, the nation's 7th-ranked signal caller backed off his commitment and is taking his time with his decision. “I am going to treat it the same way as I did before I committed. I'm in no hurry,” Yankoff said. “If something stands out then I will definitely look into it. I definitely want to get out and look into some schools and get to know the staff and place a little better. If I find the school that is the right fit, then it's the right fit. I'm in no rush. We will take our time and look at all our options.”

“I'm not really sure who all I'm going to go visit,” Yankoff offered. “Obviously, I'm going to get back to Tennessee. Nebraska is one that I may want to go visit because that was a more recent offer and I haven't had a chance to look into them as much.”

One thing that won't affect Yankoff's travel plans or his decision is mileage as distance from Idaho is not a significant issue. “That's something that me and my family have talked about,” Yankoff said. “We have decided that if the school is the right fit then it's the right fit. We aren't going to worry too much about the distance and the traveling.”