• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Playoffs

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks but I'm golfing....

GO KINGS GO!

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't the Kings keep Williams again?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings , Flames and Blackhawks tied in postseason wins

Sharks too - pretty crazy to believe some preseason Cup favorites are out. It's not unusual to see 1 or 2 out, but quite a few were eliminated. I never bought the BJ's hype, I never considered them a contender.

I'm pulling for Nashville at this point, they need some excitement as a franchise.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am pulling for Nashville too but in the short term I am hoping the Oil are to slick for the Ducks...I know I know.. lame humor.

That being said I think the Oil are playing above their heads and with those cup favorites from the West out of the way, the Quacks have the easiest path to the cup.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pulling for Nashville too but in the short term I am hoping the Oil are to slick for the Ducks...I know I know.. lame humor.

That being said I think the Oil are playing above their heads and with those cup favorites from the West out of the way, the Quacks have the easiest path to the cup.

Funny how we are reduced to just rooting against our rivals. I am very thankful Sharks are out. Honestly, my hatred for SJ out weighs my disdain for the Quacks. Agreed that Edmonton is playing above their heads. But they might have enough momentum to knock off my 2nd most hated team. Ojala.

Obviously, the Kings could be in a lot better position today if things in recent years were handled differently. We could likely have another Cup, or least be serious contenders right now. But I still take all our problems today along with those 2 Cups this decade. Just ask Sharks or Capitals fans if they would do the same? Guaranteed "yes" vote from them and probably at least 25 other teams.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how we are reduced to just rooting against our rivals. I am very thankful Sharks are out. Honestly, my hatred for SJ out weighs my disdain for the Quacks. Agreed that Edmonton is playing above their heads. But they might have enough momentum to knock off my 2nd most hated team. Ojala.

Obviously, the Kings could be in a lot better position today if things in recent years were handled differently. We could likely have another Cup, or least be serious contenders right now. But I still take all our problems today along with those 2 Cups this decade. Just ask Sharks or Capitals fans if they would do the same? Guaranteed "yes" vote from them and probably at least 25 other teams.

It sucks being relegated to root for teams NOT to win when your team is out. We did this for far too long before the last half decade and it’s not a fun thing to revisit.

I hope the Oilers boot the Ducks, but as stated they have the easiest road to the SCF right now with no Chicago or even LA in there. But that is why the games in April count just as much as the ones in October, they earned that right by winning the division. The Kings should look at themselves again, a year ago they lost the division title with less than 20 minutes left in the season and they ended up playing SJ instead of a lower seed. Anaheim really needs to prove something this season, five straight division titles and no Cups – well on their way to becoming Washington West.

I also think Edmonton is on cloud 9 and think their inexperience will eventually cost them on this ride, but also am thankful SJ is out of the running. I was annoyed they made it to the SCF last season, it was almost fluke-like. This season they just looked old. They hit the skids big time the last 6 weeks of the season (mirror image of LA in 2015-16; they clinched early and either went on cruise control or just went through the motions and it showed when SJ destroyed them) and were not prepared to play in the POs.

They are on LA’s path – first SCF roughly 25 years after inception (1991, 2016) just like LA (1967, 1993), played some close games in the SCF but it wasn’t enough (Kings lost what, 3 OTs? Mostly Daryl Sydor’s fault?) and when you look back on it SJ and LA were simply outplayed by the better team no matter what the final series game count was (SJ lost 4-2, LA lost 4-1) or how close it looked. The Kings waited 19 years to return to the SCFs, I can wait another 19 years (2035) before SJ sees another SCF.

Big decisions coming up there, Thornton and Marleau are UFAs and in their late 30s, probably will not be resigned at all or maybe on very cheap 35+ contracts. Lots of their support players also didn’t play well like Donskoi, Hertl (remember when this guy scored 4 goals in his first NHL game including the hot dog between the legs goal? SJ fans spewed themselves thinking this guy was all that. That worked out great didn’t it?), Tierny, all those guys underachieved. Jones showed the inconsistency he did in LA his second season, Burns made people remember he isn’t a defenseman no matter how many points he puts up and basically a lot of crap went wrong or simply ran its course, much like LA. Should be interesting to see what they do up there.

While it does suck to see LA has fallen so far, I’m glad there are two banners hanging up at Staples. Sharks and Crapitals fans would love one let alone two, and the one Anaheim has up has cobwebs and dust on it. Chicago being out of is the real shocker for me, Nashville really manhandled them and in this series Johassen > Toews by a mile. Glad to see they are having some success and hope they ride it to a Cup.

PS - I crack up still seeing the Simmonds + Schenn > Richards stuff pop up in Flyerland. You’d think they would be over it by now, 6 years after the trade. They are not and pull straws to justify how ripped off LA got. It’s unfortunate Richards’ career went south almost immediately after coming to LA, but he played a pivotal role in 2012 and a decent role in 2014 – at least they got 2 good years out of him when it mattered. I just spotted a Philly rag article not too long ago still rehashing this whole thing.

Meanwhile, Schenn and Simmonds have developed as anticipated and have become cornerstones for their franchise but 6 years after the deal the Flyers are no closer to a Cup than they were in 2011 and are arguably worse off.

If by getting ripped off you mean two Cups, 46 playoff games and 10 playoff series wins with Mike Richards while you have two exceptional players and nothing else without him, by all means keep ripping me off.

=)~~

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the Ducks Oilers game with the Ducks loving wife
Their Anthem singer is horrid.
She scream sings
They had a gospel group scream with her last night and it was worse than normal.
Also her name is Dawn so the fans scream her name at " the DAWNS early light" part of the song. It is worse that Stars fans. At least they are screaming their team name.

Oh and some horrid hockey on the ice. One of these team is going to the WCF makes me sad

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys catch the Duck game Friday night? Kesler with his left glove conveniently left in Talbot's right pad. He was pushed in there, I agree with that, but how that was not a goalie interference call is beyond me. He had a good 2 maybe 3 seconds to move his arm and he did not. I would have waived that goal off were I a referee because of a) that and b) it's Kesler and he does stuff like that.

Ducks have had a lot of fortunate bounces this post season going back to Games 3 and 4 of Calgary and then quite a few in this series. The HGs seem to be on their side, I'm hoping Nashville wins and gives them a run. Joke of a post season.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys catch the Duck game Friday night? Kesler with his left glove conveniently left in Talbot's right pad. He was pushed in there, I agree with that, but how that was not a goalie interference call is beyond me. He had a good 2 maybe 3 seconds to move his arm and he did not. I would have waived that goal off were I a referee because of a) that and b) it's Kesler and he does stuff like that.

Ducks have had a lot of fortunate bounces this post season going back to Games 3 and 4 of Calgary and then quite a few in this series. The HGs seem to be on their side, I'm hoping Nashville wins and gives them a run. Joke of a post season.
Worst non call of the night of many non calls, on both sides.
If only there was a way to call them both losers and give the Blues/Preds winner a bye series

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Absolutely terrible to not call that. Twice in two games the Quacks get goalie interference calls in their favor (or non calls). Even with the bad officiating, it shouldn't have come to that. This series is more about the Oilers inexperience in closing out games rather than the Ducks actually winning. I hope Nashville steamrolls them.

DiPietro: Kesler was savvy in Ducks' win - ESPN Video

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic butt kicking and well earned. Totally agree with Smackdown, the Ducks have gotten calls and fortunate bounces more than actually won.

Game 7 is at home, should be interesting to see what happens. Anaheim has that specter over their heads, losing Game 7s at home 5 years in a row. Here's to hoping it's 6 but Edmonton also hasn't experienced anything like this either and their youth may burn them.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst non call of the night of many non calls, on both sides.
If only there was a way to call them both losers and give the Blues/Preds winner a bye series

This. How they don't wash out that goal is way beyond me.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic butt kicking and well earned. Totally agree with Smackdown, the Ducks have gotten calls and fortunate bounces more than actually won.

Game 7 is at home, should be interesting to see what happens. Anaheim has that specter over their heads, losing Game 7s at home 5 years in a row. Here's to hoping it's 6 but Edmonton also hasn't experienced anything like this either and their youth may burn them.

I approve this message.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see most of the first period (Michael's with the kids - rabbit diorama supplies for my 7 year old's project due Friday is what my once swashbuckling lifestyle has morphed into these days) so I was shocked when we get home and I see it's 4-0 with a few minutes left. Then they get the fifth goal and it was pretty much lights out.

I don't know if Anaheim didn't prepare, if they were sleepy, or what but the nature in which they were dismantled was pretty unbelievable. They looks completely out of whack, credit to the Oilers for playing their game and sticking to it. Anaheim had no referees or puck luck to bail them out this time either so I fully enjoyed watching the wallop.

I still like seeing Bernier even though he isn't a King but Gibson to me is there interesting one, he reminds me a lot of Jamie Storr. Size, skills, mostly the head case because Storr never got that part of his career together and all that talent went to waste.

I call this guy "The Legend", by the way you hear Anaheim fans talk about him you would think he is a multiple Vezina/Conn Smyth winner.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see most of the first period (Michael's with the kids - rabbit diorama supplies for my 7 year old's project due Friday is what my once swashbuckling lifestyle has morphed into these days) so I was shocked when we get home and I see it's 4-0 with a few minutes left. Then they get the fifth goal and it was pretty much lights out.

I don't know if Anaheim didn't prepare, if they were sleepy, or what but the nature in which they were dismantled was pretty unbelievable. They looks completely out of whack, credit to the Oilers for playing their game and sticking to it. Anaheim had no referees or puck luck to bail them out this time either so I fully enjoyed watching the wallop.

I still like seeing Bernier even though he isn't a King but Gibson to me is there interesting one, he reminds me a lot of Jamie Storr. Size, skills, mostly the head case because Storr never got that part of his career together and all that talent went to waste.

I call this guy "The Legend", by the way you hear Anaheim fans talk about him you would think he is a multiple Vezina/Conn Smyth winner.

Both Gibson and Bernier were downright terrible yesterday. If either plays like that in game 7, it will be an easy Oiler win.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think Anaheim fans talk big about Gibson, you should hear Gulls fans down here in LoCal. Dude played less than 15 games here in SD to start last year before getting called up to NHL. Gulls fans (not mention the announcers) think he's the second coming. And I'm not referring to Ducks/Gulls fans. I mean just Gulls fans: i.e., transplants who have strong allegiances to the various NHL teams they grew up with, who are now Gulls season ticket holders because its local hockey here in SD.