• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one but I like Cockroach. He's prone to both good and bad games but I think he's a pretty solid CB. Nothing spectacular but I think he's an NFL starter at least.

Spot on assessment.

Cockrell has some limitations which explains how the Steelers were able to get him at such a price. Some have said he's strictly a zone CB, and I don't agree...in man coverage, he ideally should be defending a taller WR...a smaller shifty WR (like AB) is going to beat him to the spot most of the time.

I think Gay and Cockrell will start, but I'm starting to feel at least with Gay that Hilton is going to be called on at some this season and he may finish the season as the starting slot. If Sutton were further along I think there might be more pressure on Cockrell, but I'm not going to be surprised if Cockrell gets pulled.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB will be a worry point for the team again this year, like usual.

Shuffling bodies around, hoping. But there isn't really much of an improvement to be had between these guys.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on assessment.

Cockrell has some limitations which explains how the Steelers were able to get him at such a price. Some have said he's strictly a zone CB, and I don't agree...in man coverage, he ideally should be defending a taller WR...a smaller shifty WR (like AB) is going to beat him to the spot most of the time.

I think Gay and Cockrell will start, but I'm starting to feel at least with Gay that Hilton is going to be called on at some this season and he may finish the season as the starting slot. If Sutton were further along I think there might be more pressure on Cockrell, but I'm not going to be surprised if Cockrell gets pulled.
You don't think Burns will start?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest improvement they can make to the DB's is realizing that Mike Mitchell is a weakness in coverage, and start someone else who can actually run with and track a ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest improvement they can make to the DB's is realizing that Mike Mitchell is a weakness in coverage, and start someone else who can actually run with and track a ball.

I thought Mitchell would be the starter this yr, but I expected a draft pick to start pushing him for '18.

Mitchell imo is a middle of the league FS, but he's getting paid like a top 10 guy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Sutton even make the roster? I see him as a PS guy due to his injury unfortunately.

Absolutely.

Do you seriously think they would expose a 3rd rd pick on the PS?

He's a lock....if he can't shake this injury issue, I can see him going on IR, aside from that he will be on the 53.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mitchell would be the starter this yr, but I expected a draft pick to start pushing him for '18.

Mitchell imo is a middle of the league FS, but he's getting paid like a top 10 guy.
Mitchell is a middle of the league SS playing FS. IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell is a middle of the league SS playing FS. IMO.

That fits....forgetting about coverage for a second...he should not be your last line of defense when somebody has the ball running in the second level...taking bad angles, lacks elite foot speed to make up for it...just not an ideal FS...you're right.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be the only one but I like Cockroach. He's prone to both good and bad games but I think he's a pretty solid CB. Nothing spectacular but I think he's an NFL starter at least.
This is how I feel about him. He's pretty much at his athletic ceiling so I don't know how much more he can improve, but he's usually pretty solid.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fits....forgetting about coverage for a second...he should not be your last line of defense when somebody has the ball running in the second level...taking bad angles, lacks elite foot speed to make up for it...just not an ideal FS...you're right.
Exactly. It is what it is. I just wish he would give up his macho ego. Pisses me off when he's missing tackles & getting burned in coverage for most of the game, but if he makes a huge hit late in the 4th quarter then he acts like the king of the defense. Makes himself look like such a douche. Hopefully they draft someone next offseason.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nonchalant about it... :o