• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking about picking up a fishing kayak and was looking at the Sea Ghost 130 in this color:

VibeKayaks-SeaGhost130-orange-camo.jpg

But something wasn't sitting right with me and I couldn't put my finger on it.

Fuckin' Bengals. Guess I'll go with the regular camo.
Pretty cool little kayak... How much would that run you? If its more than $300 then you should look into these:

Pontoon Boat - Inflatable - Fish

They are all listed north of $500 on the website, but I bought one from Costco for $299. It's works awesome! The swivel seat on them is a game changer!

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool little kayak... How much would that run you? If its more than $300 then you should look into these:

They are all listed north of $500 on the website, but I bought one from Costco for $299. It's works awesome! The swivel seat on them is a game changer!
The Sea Ghost 130 runs about $900 a pop.

I have looked into those Colorado pontoons. Not sure I want to deal with the setup of an inflatable or the fragility of the pontoons though.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since I've already taken us off topic... you said you like it. Where have you used it? It's stable, I'm sure. But what kind of speed are you getting from something that big? I mainly fish the Kiski River which that would work for but also Lake Arthur which is a big lake and I might need to cover some water at times and those looks slow to me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sea Ghost 130 runs about $900 a pop.

I have looked into those Colorado pontoons. Not sure I want to deal with the setup of an inflatable or the fragility of the pontoons though.
Never had a problem with fragility, but I'm only 2 seasons in with mine. I have a portable air pump that runs off my truck's 12V DC outlet so setup/takedown only takes 5-10mins. The release valves make takedown effortless. Will have to figure out a new pump though since newer vehicles have the standard Type B outlets. You can find cheap ones on Amazon. I will admit the original assembly was tedious, but if you leave the frame intact instead of breaking it down every time then it reduces your setup to a fraction of it.
Since I've already taken us off topic... you said you like it. Where have you used it? It's stable, I'm sure. But what kind of speed are you getting from something that big? I mainly fish the Kiski River which that would work for but also Lake Arthur which is a big lake and I might need to cover some water at times and those looks slow to me.
Never used it on a river, strictly lakes/ponds.

Speed... Kayaks are definitely faster. If you're looking to cover a lot of ground in a given day then kayaks are the way to go. But the pontoons do just fine. The best thing about it is that it's only 60-70 pounds so you aren't fighting bouyancy while you're rowing. Makes rowing a breeze since you're essentially gliding on top of the water. The more weight you carry obviously makes it harder. But I've been able to bring almost all of my tackle, lots of gear, & a 12 pack of beer without any issues. One of the biggest reasons why I like the pontoon is that its less work while you fish & it gives you more surface area to work with. Not to mention that you have more control of your orientation while casting & more stability. Which would be paramount on rivers.

There are pros & cons to both. But having owned both, I'd definitely prefer the pontoon any day.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had a problem with fragility, but I'm only 2 seasons in with mine. I have a portable air pump that runs off my truck's 12V DC outlet so setup/takedown only takes 5-10mins. The release valves make takedown effortless. Will have to figure out a new pump though since newer vehicles have the standard Type B outlets. You can find cheap ones on Amazon. I will admit the original assembly was tedious, but if you leave the frame intact instead of breaking it down every time then it reduces your setup to a fraction of it.

Never used it on a river, strictly lakes/ponds.

Speed... Kayaks are definitely faster. If you're looking to cover a lot of ground in a given day then kayaks are the way to go. But the pontoons do just fine. The best thing about it is that it's only 60-70 pounds so you aren't fighting bouyancy while you're rowing. Makes rowing a breeze since you're essentially gliding on top of the water. The more weight you carry obviously makes it harder. But I've been able to bring almost all of my tackle, lots of gear, & a 12 pack of beer without any issues. One of the biggest reasons why I like the pontoon is that its less work while you fish & it gives you more surface area to work with. Not to mention that you have more control of your orientation while casting & more stability. Which would be paramount on rivers.

There are pros & cons to both. But having owned both, I'd definitely prefer the pontoon any day.
Well, you've got me thinking about this now. I do like the more stability. A lot. I've never been on a kayak and I've only ever been on a canoe once about 30 years ago as a kid. So I worry about the balance of it all. Especially focusing on fishing.

I may end up with more questions for you but if I do I'll probably PM you those.

Thanks man.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to football gents...please! :rolleyes2:

I've been fishing 3 times in my life...loved it all 3 times, but I'll probably never own a boat.

Well, looks like the 1st casuality...OLB was probably locked up anyway...Tomlin is not moving Moats off this team this yr....seems like the kid was turning a few heads...hopefully he comes back stronger next yr.

Source: Keion Adams To Have Shoulder Surgery, Will Be Placed On Injured Reserve - Steelers Depot
It was only a matter of time before this information became public. Its sort of a given with Tomlin that if no information is being released on a player that is injured then its typically not good. Like I said before though, this is a good thing because now we don't have to worry about risking the loss of his talent on the PS. By next offseason, barring further injuries, he'll have a more experienced head on his shoulders & will be more ready to contribute. We said it all offseason that Moats was on the bubble, and he has thus far played well this offseason. I'm ok with him being a reserve OLB. Probably won't even get a helmet on most gamedays depending on how the rest of the positions shake out for the 53. Having both a healthy Dupree & new blood in Watt in the mix doesn't make it as dire as it was last season. A good surprise in camp from Hugenin makes him a likely candidate for the PS. I can't see him overtaking that 5th spot unless an injury happens.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only a matter of time before this information became public. Its sort of a given with Tomlin that if no information is being released on a player that is injured then its typically not good. Like I said before though, this is a good thing because now we don't have to worry about risking the loss of his talent on the PS. By next offseason, barring further injuries, he'll have a more experienced head on his shoulders & will be more ready to contribute. We said it all offseason that Moats was on the bubble, and he has thus far played well this offseason. I'm ok with him being a reserve OLB. Probably won't even get a helmet on most gamedays depending on how the rest of the positions shake out for the 53. Having both a healthy Dupree & new blood in Watt in the mix doesn't make it as dire as it was last season. A good surprise in camp from Hugenin makes him a likely candidate for the PS. I can't see him overtaking that 5th spot unless an injury happens.

You hate to see a kid injured as a late rd pick, but in this case I do think it can work in his favor. OLB depth has quickly changed to the good. Dupree is nicked but expected to be ready 100% week one....With Chick looking like he's ready to make plays. TJ will have his up and downs, but I've seen enough to think that he has the goods to be an impact player in this league backing up Deebo.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think Davis and Shazier are going to get a healthy number of blitz opportunities to augment the DL/OLB...don't be surprised to see Sutton playing outside some if Cockrell gets too soft....it was preseason so I'm not going to harp on it, but he has to play tighter come week 1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate to see a kid injured as a late rd pick, but in this case I do think it can work in his favor. OLB depth has quickly changed to the good. Dupree is nicked but expected to be ready 100% week one....With Chick looking like he's ready to make plays. TJ will have his up and downs, but I've seen enough to think that he has the goods to be an impact player in this league backing up Deebo.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think Davis and Shazier are going to get a healthy number of blitz opportunities to augment the DL/OLB...don't be surprised to see Sutton playing outside some if Cockrell gets too soft....it was preseason so I'm not going to harp on it, but he has to play tighter come week 1.
Agreed on all accounts. I still hold Chick in high regard, and probably always will. He may not be the athletic specimen that blows your mind, but he has a lot of the right traits you look for, it just needs to translate onto the field more often. Seems like the more opportunities that he gets the more he proves himself. I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll do this season. He dropped weight & looks shredded this year. Hope that equates to better production!

Shazier... Skys the limit for that guy so long as he can be available every Sunday. Would love to see him crashing the box more often. A QB would be hard-pressed to flush outside the pocket with Shazier hot on his heels.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all accounts. I still hold Chick in high regard, and probably always will. He may not be the athletic specimen that blows your mind, but he has a lot of the right traits you look for, it just needs to translate onto the field more often. Seems like the more opportunities that he gets the more he proves himself. I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll do this season. He dropped weight & looks shredded this year. Hope that equates to better production!

Shazier... Skys the limit for that guy so long as he can be available every Sunday. Would love to see him crashing the box more often. A QB would be hard-pressed to flush outside the pocket with Shazier hot on his heels.

I don't see how Butler can really think about being conservative....2015 scheme worked.

We know they have guys that can on occassion win the 1 on 1 battle and get to the QB along the DL & Deebo...the rest is potential...Dupree has shown it a little, as mentioned several times...he needs to be to THAT guy approaching dbl digit sacks on this DEF. Chick was active LY, just didn't make many plays...I think he takes it a step further this year and he will make some plays as will TJ.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is DHB hurt? If so, Hunter. If not, flip a coin.
It's a decent question. I see benefits to having 1 vs the other, but its a give & take. I thought DHB had a good role carved out on ST, but he only got 4 tackles as a gunner last season. Easily replaceable. And considering Hunter is younger & cheaper it's likely to lean his way.

I'm all for those "glue" type players that aren't necessarily stars, rather hard-working pros that are willing to contribute in all facets of the game. And given the young & wreckless nature of the WR group the coaches may lean towards DHB. But the Steelers are in "win now" mode with Ben wanting to retire. There's not much room for pom-poms on the roster right now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good, someone step it the f up
I hope so! I don't think this means anything in terms of demotion for Cockrell, rather a testing period for both he & Sensabaugh. Who will rise to the occasion?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so! I don't think this means anything in terms of demotion for Cockrell, rather a testing period for both he & Sensabaugh. Who will rise to the occasion?
cockrell has worked out for an off the street FA but we can use an upgrade