• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NHL Entry Draft

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time...

Maxime Comtois
Martin Necas
Eeli Tolvanen
Cody Glass
Kristian Vesalainen
Owen Tippet

are my interests at the moment. probably Necas and Tolvanen at the top, though they are projected to go pretty early.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Awaz...you beat me too it.

The Flyers hold all of their own picks (currently) as well as Boston's 3rd round, the Islanders' 4th round pick.

I have been negligent, besides the WJ's in my watching hockey outside of the NHL this season, so I am not sure who to hope to target...yet. This team needs more scoring, more size at forward and on the blue line, and right handed shots on the blue line.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current RH Defensive prospects (I agree they still need more):

Philippe Myers
Mark Alt
Mark Friedman
Reece Willcox

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is hoping that the Flyers add at least another 2nd and 3rd to this years draft?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else is hoping that the Flyers add at least another 2nd and 3rd to this years draft?

More importantly to me, I want them to move up in the draft. I really want to see them have a top 5 pick this year. Move Schultz, MDZ, and Streit at the deadline for 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, whatever you can get. Then try to trade their 1st and a few 2nds or something to move up at the draft. If you can..

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of stacking their 1st as well as say a 2nd and a 3rd to move up would be awesome.
They really need to keep adding to the organizational depth but...they need to add to the overall talent level as well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but only via trading away soon to be UFA's. Then perhaps Morin, Hagg or Alt get called up.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's looking like the Flyers will probably be drafting around 10th. Would you still go LHD if that was the best player available?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's looking like the Flyers will probably be drafting around 10th. Would you still go LHD if that was the best player available?

I won't like it because it's boring, but I still say that's the right play. The LHD you pick there could free them up to move guys like Hagg, Sanheim, Ghost, etc. in the future.

I'm still banking heavily on the Larsson for Hall trade at some point in the Flyers future.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't like it because it's boring, but I still say that's the right play. The LHD you pick there could free them up to move guys like Hagg, Sanheim, Ghost, etc. in the future.

I'm still banking heavily on the Larsson for Hall trade at some point in the Flyers future.
I would take the best available player at that position but if we have plenty of defenseman now and need offensive help why not package the pick and guy like Hagg and move up to the top three picks and get some offensive help.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Glass
Owen Tippet

leading my list right now. Eeli Tolvanen still on the list, like the reviews of his shot quite a bit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the best available player at that position but if we have plenty of defenseman now and need offensive help why not package the pick and guy like Hagg and move up to the top three picks and get some offensive help.

Not opposed to that route either.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nolan Patrick, C, Brandon (WHL): Back from injury and from all appearances, not suffering. Patrick has the size, skill and all-around game to be an instant NHLer

2. Nico Hischier, C, Halifax (QMJHL): The high-end skills and smarts are so tantalizing. Hischier is certainly giving Patrick a run for his money and surpassing the Wheat King is not out of the question.

3. Timothy Liljegren, D, Rogle (SHL): Liljegren seems to be back on track after illness and a loan to Timra. His skating and offensive instincts are excellent and he’s getting some nice responsibility with Rogle.

4. Gabe Vilardi, C, Windsor (OHL): Skating is the knock, but scouts are already downplaying it by hyping up his other skills. Vilardi is big, smart and talented and really, the speed isn’t that bad right now.

5. Owen Tippett, RW, Mississauga (OHL): A weaponized winger with size, speed and a big-time shot, Tippett doesn’t have the versatility of Vilardi, but the physical tools are beguiling.

6. Klim Kostin, RW, MVD (Rus.): Surgery ended his nightmare season, but Kostin is enough of a known quantity thanks to earlier international duty. He’s a big, powerful kid with loads of talent.

7. Casey Mittelstadt, C, Eden Prairie (Minn. HS): The Minnesota commit wanted one more shot at a state title, so Mittelstadt is currently laying waste to high schoolers with Eden Prairie. Tons of skill and he put up numbers in the USHL, too.

8. Michael Rasmussen, C, Tri-City (WHL): Starting off with his nearly 6-foot-6 frame, there’s a lot to like about Rasmussen. Naturally his reach is good, but his hands are also pretty sweet and he can play with an edge.

9. Eeli Tolvanen, LW, Sioux City (USHL): A wicked shot in a smaller package. The Boston College recruit is a pure goal-scorer and draws penalties with his skill. Mixed opinions out there on his feistiness.

10. Miro Heiskainen, D, HIFK (Fin.): Smooth-skating defensemen are in and Heiskanen may even challenge Liljegren for draft stock. Some scouts thought he was Finland’s best blueliner at the world juniors.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capable Right shooting defense
Size at the forward position/with skating ability and skill

basically, more organizational depth and skill.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving draft talk back over here now that all the excitement has... gotten a very tiny bit less exciting?

Actually kind of leaning towards Patrick now. There's a reason he's been on top so long, and after watching Getzlaf last night and seeing comparisons to Getzlaf and Kopitar (similar players to me), Patrick seems like a solid choice.

But more importantly, that just excites me because I'd be happy with either!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fully on the Patrick wagon now.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fully on the Patrick wagon now.

Name the best center in the NHL under 195-200lbs. It might be Giroux and he's way down the list of best centers. Patrick all the way.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy that the Flyers are in a position to get either Nico or Nolan.
While I keep hearing that this draft is "weak" I also hear that the top 40 - 50 players (depending on whose list you go by) should all be NHL contributors. The next 25 - 30 pretty much guaranteed tweeners who will make the AHL and ECHL clubs deeper.

I would still like to see the Flyers try to move their secondary picks in the 3rd and 4th to try to get another 2nd (at this point I don't think anyone will give the Flyers a 1st just out of spite. I am really looking forward to how the Expansion and Entry draft play out. This kinda stuff is just fun.