• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Nebraska Cornhuskers Schedule w/honest opinion/analysis/perspective

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, posting that was rough! I need to stay off of phones.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a Nancy, I just remember how we got dominated in the bowl game by an okay team......but a team that had much better talent than we had.

We're a new team this year. New Defense, new QB which equals new Offense.

I would assume special teams can't possibly get any worse than they were last year so we should be better in that area.

Anything could happen, honestly. A lot of unknowns but a lot of hope with the changes forthcoming. We could do the opposite of what I've predicted and I wouldn't be too surprised.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a Nancy, I just remember how we got dominated in the bowl game by an okay team......but a team that had much better talent than we had.

We're a new team this year. New Defense, new QB which equals new Offense.

I would assume special teams can't possibly get any worse than they were last year so we should be better in that area.

Anything could happen, honestly. A lot of unknowns but a lot of hope with the changes forthcoming. We could do the opposite of what I've predicted and I wouldn't be too surprised.

They've been weak up front both offensively and defensively for at least 5 years. Flat footed and slow on the 2nd and 3rd layers on defense. That was the signature of Bopleeny recruits once bo bled through the Callahan era players. Bopleeny was a lazy recruiter who went after "best of the rest" players that were typically signed by mid to low level P5 teams or the better mid-major teams. James Dobson also ran a shit strength and conditioning program having been given the job with zero experience in managing one.
Riley has had to rely on these players his first two years as they were more physically developed than his young freshmen and redshirt freshman recruits. On average 21 and 22 y/o's are going to be more physically developed than 18 y/o's. Hence the 20 y/o minimum rule in place by the NFL

That Tommy Armstrong never mentally matured as a QB in his junior and senior years didn't help matters any.
Two more years to wash out the Bopleeny era players and get Riley's physically developed then one can make a better evaluation of this staff. Nobody should be surprised at an (8-4) or even a (7-5) season. Disappointed sure, but not surprised.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even slightly better QB play and we win our division last year, asshole iowa should count their blessings as the days of playing us without a starting QB are over
I only see one game when I can just pencil in the L as of now, the rest are winnable or a toss up until the brand new defense shows their cards