• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Nebraska Cornhuskers Schedule w/honest opinion/analysis/perspective

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ
Nebraska doesn't even play a team with a pulse until week 6.

W Arkansas State - Just a warm up game/ score unpredictable/but 50 to something by half.

W @ Oregon - See Arkansas State, mmmmk

W Northern Illinois - WTF/might be the toughest game until Ohio State

W Rutgers - Send in the clowns.

W @ Illinois - Do they even field a football team anymore? serious question.

L Wisconsin - Nebraska finally plays a real team/probable BIG Champ

W Ohio State - Battle Tested and ready for the Buckeyes. Close game.

Bye

W @ Purdue - What the fuck is this schedule. Purdue on their best day is terrible.

W Northwestern - Words can't describe how bad this team is.

W @ Minnesota - Good game but Fleck will get his shit pushed in.

L @ Penn State - Just too much for Nebraska.

W Iowa - It's Iowa, enough said.

Out of the 3 toughest games they have, 2 of them are at home and probably go 50/50 on those
Wisconsin and Ohio State in Lincoln.
Away games at Oregon, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Penn State.

10-2
It just sets up to well not to.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ

W Arkansas State - Just a warm up game/ score unpredictable/but 50 to something by half.

Bye

W @ Purdue - What the fuck is this schedule. Purdue on their best day is terrible.

Out of the 3 toughest games they have, 2 of them are at home and probably go 50/50 on those

10-2
9 - 3. I think Oregon wins at home. They won't be the same team as last season. They have CU's DC and Herbert (QB), has a season under his belt. Autzen Stadium is going to be loud as fvk for that game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 - 3. I think Oregon wins at home. They won't be the same team as last season. They have CU's DC and Herbert (QB), has a season under his belt. Autzen Stadium is going to be loud as fvk for that game.

Oregon only wins if they wear their glitter helmets.

Well, I don't know if they win the actual game, but I know SportsHoopla wins when they wear them. :heh:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon only wins if they wear their glitter helmets.

Well, I don't know if they win the actual game, but I know SportsHoopla wins when they wear them. :heh:
Supposedly Oregon is going to tone it down some this year in regards to their uniforms but I'll believe that when I see it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Oregon is going to tone it down some this year in regards to their uniforms but I'll believe that when I see it.

It'll be disappointing if they do. They have provided hours of entertainment around here.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ

Bye

10-2

I say 7-5 or 8-4. They are sorta headed in the right direction and the schedule is soft, but they get bounced by Oregon early and never really recover in the conference.

Honestly that's probably their long term ceiling. Bowl games and maybe a conference title blowout loss to the real powers in the league but this isn't the program we grew up with.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say 7-5 or 8-4. They are sorta headed in the right direction and the schedule is soft, but they get bounced by Oregon early and never really recover in the conference.

Honestly that's probably their long term ceiling. Bowl games and maybe a conference title blowout loss to the real powers in the league but this isn't the program we grew up with.
Ouch

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't have the advantages they once did. Partial qualifiers are a thing of the past. Everyone is on tv and everyone has facilities. Recruits parents remember when they were a blue blood but recruits today were like 10 years old when Suh was there and weren't born when Crouch and Frost were running the wishbone (fuck I'm old). Yeah they are in a great conference but don't have the local recruiting base the real blue bloods have. I'm sure their bagmen work their ass off in California and Florida but 40 years ago they were one of five elite options. Now they are one of thirty options doing the exact same thing.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska coach sucks so I think they go 8-4.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's really a P5 schedule.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nebraska is breaking in a new offensive team and a new defensive coordinator.

The QB is a transfer from the power house Tulane. Has yet to throw a pass in the Big 10. The good news is that Nebraska has a legitimate three QBs. The scuttlebutt on QB Tanner Lee is that he is an accurate passer and makes good decisions and a big arm.

Nebraska does not know who the #1 running back is and it will probably be running back by committee until someone takes it. My guess Tre Bryant will be the starter.

Tight End, Nebraska lost all three tight ends that caught passes last year. The starter could be a walk on. I have no clue who it will be though.

Receivers, only one receiver is back from last year with Stanley Morgan, who is a good one. Electric deMornay Pierson-El is healthy again and is the other one. Right now, there are no receivers to replace Jordan Westerkamp, but Nebraska has a lot of talent at wide receiver. Players to watch are JD Speilman, jaevon McQuitty, Tyjon Lindsay, and Keyshawn Johnson Jr.(probably a redshirt). All name misspellings are my fault.

Offensive line made Tommy Armstrong run for his life last year. A new center this year and no one is grabbing the right tackle spot. Hopefully improvement on the O line, but if Tanner Lee does not scramble like Tommy Armstrong did, this could be very painful. So, it is basically the same four players last year with a new center.

The punter is inconsistent. The bowl game was his best game last year, but in the spring game when he had no rush, he made bad punts. His worst punt last year was a not top ten play of a negative punt. Kicked it straight up, it bounced backwards, and was a negative punt.

Bright spot - The kicking game is solid with Drew Brown, Zach Darlington, and Jordan Ober for the long sapper.

Punt return Nebraska has three options. DeMornay Peirson El, JD Speilman, and Wyatt Mazour. For me, I hope it is Speilman or Mazour. Keep Peirson-El healthy for stretching the field on offense.

Kickoff returns I want Mazour and Speilman. Both of these players are electric. Mazour is a Danny Woodhead size player but with Gale Sayers moves. Speilman is just like Peirson-El, nephew of Chris Speilman.

With a new defensive coordinator(can I have a Hallelujah!!!) at least something will change. Who knows if it is good or bad at this point, but Diaco does know what he is doing.

Not really sure if Nebraska has any stars in the front seven. There is really no one to fear.

The defensive backs are all good. But if the QB is given too much time, it doesn't matter.

My worst case scenario is 4-8, my best case scenario is 8-4.

Mike Riley has lost three road games each year at Nebraska. Mike Riley has not beaten Iowa or Wisconsin. I am not sure if Mike Riley has even won a game in Eugene. in 2015, Mike Riley lost to illinois and Purdue on the road with some very questionable coaching decisions.

For sure losses, Ohio State and Penn State.

Highly probable loss, Wisconsin.

Probable loss, Oregon. Only good thing is Oregon is breaking in a new coach with Willie Taggart who seems to be the same type of coach as Mike Riley.

Possible losses Iowa and Minnesota. Iowa has looked bad on offense though. Losing Beathard is a big one. Minnesota has a new coach in hotshot PJ Fleck.

Sticking with the three road losses per year continuing, Nebraska loses to Oregon, Penn State, and Minnesota. Fleck will get a signature win against Nebraska his first year.
Nebraska has no chance against Ohio State. I am pretty sure the Ohio State 2nd string is better than the Nebraska 1st string, just watch last year's game.
Nebraska loses to Wisconsin.

Nebraska 7-5.

I reserve the right to change my mind as the season gets closer. I am drinking more and more red koolaid because of the excitement around recruiting, a good hire in Diaco, a good Db coach, a good Wide Receiver coach, my hopes of being a fan of another nebraska team that can win 10 or more games for a few years might come to fruition.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say that's more true than it was given their last coaching search. I think they're limited by their coach more than anything else.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nebraska is breaking in a new offensive team and a new defensive coordinator.

The QB is a transfer from the power house Tulane. Has yet to throw a pass in the Big 10. The good news is that Nebraska has a legitimate three QBs. The scuttlebutt on QB Tanner Lee is that he is an accurate passer and makes good decisions and a big arm.

Nebraska does not know who the #1 running back is and it will probably be running back by committee until someone takes it. My guess Tre Bryant will be the starter.

Tight End, Nebraska lost all three tight ends that caught passes last year. The starter could be a walk on. I have no clue who it will be though.

Receivers, only one receiver is back from last year with Stanley Morgan, who is a good one. Electric deMornay Pierson-El is healthy again and is the other one. Right now, there are no receivers to replace Jordan Westerkamp, but Nebraska has a lot of talent at wide receiver. Players to watch are JD Speilman, jaevon McQuitty, Tyjon Lindsay, and Keyshawn Johnson Jr.(probably a redshirt). All name misspellings are my fault.

Offensive line made Tommy Armstrong run for his life last year. A new center this year and no one is grabbing the right tackle spot. Hopefully improvement on the O line, but if Tanner Lee does not scramble like Tommy Armstrong did, this could be very painful. So, it is basically the same four players last year with a new center.

The punter is inconsistent. The bowl game was his best game last year, but in the spring game when he had no rush, he made bad punts. His worst punt last year was a not top ten play of a negative punt. Kicked it straight up, it bounced backwards, and was a negative punt.

Bright spot - The kicking game is solid with Drew Brown, Zach Darlington, and Jordan Ober for the long sapper.

Punt return Nebraska has three options. DeMornay Peirson El, JD Speilman, and Wyatt Mazour. For me, I hope it is Speilman or Mazour. Keep Peirson-El healthy for stretching the field on offense.

Kickoff returns I want Mazour and Speilman. Both of these players are electric. Mazour is a Danny Woodhead size player but with Gale Sayers moves. Speilman is just like Peirson-El, nephew of Chris Speilman.

With a new defensive coordinator(can I have a Hallelujah!!!) at least something will change. Who knows if it is good or bad at this point, but Diaco does know what he is doing.

Not really sure if Nebraska has any stars in the front seven. There is really no one to fear.

The defensive backs are all good. But if the QB is given too much time, it doesn't matter.

My worst case scenario is 4-8, my best case scenario is 8-4.

Mike Riley has lost three road games each year at Nebraska. Mike Riley has not beaten Iowa or Wisconsin. I am not sure if Mike Riley has even won a game in Eugene. in 2015, Mike Riley lost to illinois and Purdue on the road with some very questionable coaching decisions.

For sure losses, Ohio State and Penn State.

Highly probable loss, Wisconsin.

Probable loss, Oregon. Only good thing is Oregon is breaking in a new coach with Willie Taggart who seems to be the same type of coach as Mike Riley.

Possible losses Iowa and Minnesota. Iowa has looked bad on offense though. Losing Beathard is a big one. Minnesota has a new coach in hotshot PJ Fleck.

Sticking with the three road losses per year continuing, Nebraska loses to Oregon, Penn State, and Minnesota. Fleck will get a signature win against Nebraska his first year.
Nebraska has no chance against Ohio State. I am pretty sure the Ohio State 2nd string is better than the Nebraska 1st string, just watch last year's game.
Nebraska loses to Wisconsin.

Nebraska 7-5.

I reserve the right to change my mind as the season gets closer. I am drinking more and more red koolaid because of the excitement around recruiting, a good hire in Diaco, a good Db coach, a good Wide Receiver coach, my hopes of being a fan of another nebraska team that can win 10 or more games for a few years might come to fruition.

What I'm hearing from this is Natty on a Platter.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some expert opinions on this obviously.

@ktg8trgrl
@TemptressToo
@Winged_Wheel88
@moxie
@packerzrule
@SteelersPride
@outofyourmind
@B_dub
@romeo212000
@tnapucco
@KansasSooner
@Jtrain80
@BoomerNTX
@Wishbone
@MarkOU
@sooner78wakeboard
@Scapegoat
@Proud_Okie
@Wheat
@Goldbug
@Pariah
@Nosferatu
@Used 2 B Hu
@tabascojet
@TigerBait1971
@Inimical
@Manster7588
@Cyder
@Ewa PGH Fan
@Rex Racer
@pitman
@BoiseMike19
@BTHOtu
@Jtrain80
@Psych-Ward
@BritishDolfan
@popeyecv64
@BigRedMoe
@gobigred
@gohusk
@Brasky
@huskers1217
@Tomhusker
@Carnzo
@Peter Gozintite
@Edisto_Tiger
@KingKoolKat75
@Payton
@58crash
@Eugene Baker III
@AlaskaGuy
@Guns N Guitars
@fordman84
@TheRangerDude
@beardown07
@omarsrevenge
@HaroldSeattle
@HammerDown
@yoga≈surfing
@thedddd
@TheDayMan
@lilchi721
@USCDoom
@Battlelyon
@darken65
@mcnabb7542
@Debbie Does
@Rex Racer
@ill
@Wild Turkey
@Dolemite censored
@nathans8823
@7Samurai13
@Bayou Tiger
@RobToxin
@RobBase
@Inquisitor95
@Codaxx
@Texas Jefe
@TexasExes98
@belcherboy
@bamabear82
@Bamabino
@4down20
@Bandwagonbo2
@GoldRusher
@There is A Moose at 3rd
@Cowboyinexile
@Wedgie
@potzer25
@Harry Seaword
@MISKO
@fordman84
@JuiceTheGator
@douggie
@fullxtension
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@NEhomer
@obxyankeefan
@LambeauLegs
@handicappers
@Balljim55
@DetroitDevil
@Tin Man
@Nasty_Magician
@bocomo007
@Guy Incognito
@OregonDucks
@Think McFly Think
@Darrell Green Fan
@Ritzarmy
@UK Cowboy
@Pack 500
@wlk3
@MilkSpiller22
@blstoker
@Shanemansj13
@femurov
@Mebert
@jeffro151
@mr.hockey4242
@Bolts
@broncosmitty
@da55bums
@steveringo
@Wamu
@purguy12
@VFL1995
@DJ
@old1r1sh
@trojanfan12
@CitySushi
@tlance
@BigKen
@TheRobotDevil
@True Lakers Fan
@ehb5
@Clayton
@shopson67
@Ellis269
@Johnnydollaz89
@Arizona_Sting
@ATL96Steeler
@Tubbs1518
@cdumler7
@IndyAndy
@FlyerFinFan
@#1BostonFan
@The Crimson King
@gandydancer
@Darkstone42
@Wings
@FantasyBelowZero
@wildturkey
@DrewScott
@TrustMeIamRight
@MAIZEandBLUE09
@Wingingit
@Full Potato
@Shower Fart
@Chris p Bacon

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TROLL_02.jpg

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Oh, umm...

"They'd be 6-6 if not for the absolute shit conference they play in..."

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ

Bye

10-2

i really do heart you

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some expert opinions on this obviously.

@ktg8trgrl
@TemptressToo
@Winged_Wheel88
@moxie
@packerzrule
@SteelersPride
@outofyourmind
@B_dub
@romeo212000
@tnapucco
@KansasSooner
@Jtrain80
@BoomerNTX
@Wishbone
@MarkOU
@sooner78wakeboard
@Scapegoat
@Proud_Okie
@Wheat
@Goldbug
@Pariah
@Nosferatu
@Used 2 B Hu
@tabascojet
@TigerBait1971
@Inimical
@Manster7588
@Cyder
@Ewa PGH Fan
@Rex Racer
@pitman
@BoiseMike19
@BTHOtu
@Jtrain80
@Psych-Ward
@BritishDolfan
@popeyecv64
@BigRedMoe
@gobigred
@gohusk
@Brasky
@huskers1217
@Tomhusker
@Carnzo
@Peter Gozintite
@Edisto_Tiger
@KingKoolKat75
@Payton
@58crash
@Eugene Baker III
@AlaskaGuy
@Guns N Guitars
@fordman84
@TheRangerDude
@beardown07
@omarsrevenge
@HaroldSeattle
@HammerDown
@yoga≈surfing
@thedddd
@TheDayMan
@lilchi721
@USCDoom
@Battlelyon
@darken65
@mcnabb7542
@Debbie Does
@Rex Racer
@ill
@Wild Turkey
@Dolemite censored
@nathans8823
@7Samurai13
@Bayou Tiger
@RobToxin
@RobBase
@Inquisitor95
@Codaxx
@Texas Jefe
@TexasExes98
@belcherboy
@bamabear82
@Bamabino
@4down20
@Bandwagonbo2
@GoldRusher
@There is A Moose at 3rd
@Cowboyinexile
@Wedgie
@potzer25
@Harry Seaword
@MISKO
@fordman84
@JuiceTheGator
@douggie
@fullxtension
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@NEhomer
@obxyankeefan
@LambeauLegs
@handicappers
@Balljim55
@DetroitDevil
@Tin Man
@Nasty_Magician
@bocomo007
@Guy Incognito
@OregonDucks
@Think McFly Think
@Darrell Green Fan
@Ritzarmy
@UK Cowboy
@Pack 500
@wlk3
@MilkSpiller22
@blstoker
@Shanemansj13
@femurov
@Mebert
@jeffro151
@mr.hockey4242
@Bolts
@broncosmitty
@da55bums
@steveringo
@Wamu
@purguy12
@VFL1995
@DJ
@old1r1sh
@trojanfan12
@CitySushi
@tlance
@BigKen
@TheRobotDevil
@True Lakers Fan
@ehb5
@Clayton
@shopson67
@Ellis269
@Johnnydollaz89
@Arizona_Sting
@ATL96Steeler
@Tubbs1518
@cdumler7
@IndyAndy
@FlyerFinFan
@#1BostonFan
@The Crimson King
@gandydancer
@Darkstone42
@Wings
@FantasyBelowZero
@wildturkey
@DrewScott
@TrustMeIamRight
@MAIZEandBLUE09
@Wingingit
@Full Potato
@Shower Fart
@Chris p Bacon
I'm going to get a manicure later. Not sure if I should go with a super bright pink, a pale pink or a red. My toes are super bright pink, but I think that decision was a bit premature. I've only worn sandals once in the two weeks they've been done. The weather is heating up this week so I'm tempted to stick with the same color, but that's kind of boring. I'm really liking this chromatic stuff that I've been seeing on instagram. I wish I would've seen this one in particular that was a mix of pastel chromatic and glitter nails. Super cute! They looked like the cutest easter egg colors ever!

Does that help?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to get a manicure later. Not sure if I should go with a super bright pink, a pale pink or a red. My toes are super bright pink, but I think that decision was a bit premature. I've only worn sandals once in the two weeks they've been done. The weather is heating up this week so I'm tempted to stick with the same color, but that's kind of boring. I'm really liking this chromatic stuff that I've been seeing on instagram. I wish I would've seen this one in particular that was a mix of pastel chromatic and glitter nails. Super cute! They looked like the cutest easter egg colors ever!

Does that help?
Fuck!! Ninja'd!!