• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real fans are going to watch no matter when the game is. Casual fans are more likely to watch on Thursday than Friday because they are more likely to make other plans on Friday since it is a weekend night.

Pretty sure this has been proven in ratings studies.

I'm married and have no life. Thursday, Friday, Saturday...it's all the same to me. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real fans are going to watch no matter when the game is. Casual fans are more likely to watch on Thursday than Friday because they are more likely to make other plans on Friday since it is a weekend night.

Yep as I said before the only reason they started having games on Friday is because LBJ did lots of bitching about only having 1 day off when the teams had to travel.

I also think the NBA did TUE-THU-SUN out of respect for the Stanley Cup finals which is usually played on MON-WED-SAT.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that. Before last year finals, the games were only played on Tue, Thu, or Sunday. The only reason they even changed this was because LBJ was bitching about traveling after the 2015 finals. If Lebrons didn't complain then we are likely still doing the tue, thu, and sunday format for games

Could be.
I agree real fans will watch, but casual fans drive the numbers up in the playoffs in all sports.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be.
I agree real fans will watch, but casual fans drive the numbers up in the playoffs in all sports.

I agree but Friday night in June isn't exactly a great night for any sport IMO. I feel Fridays and Saturdays should be a no when it comes to the finals. Totally fine with games on the other 5 days

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are going to beat the Warriors. The regular season means nothing. They turn it on defensively in the playoffs and even Korver is playing good defense. They shoot it better than the Warriors from 3. Oh and they have LeBron.
Did you say Kyle Korver is playing good defense???? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, read it this morning when Lowe mentioned it.

That's what we were talking about on the other thread this morning.

The problem is they can't pay him.

"There's been a lot of rumblings about Chris Paul, and I think that's real," Lowe said in a conversation with Kevin Arnovitz. "I think there's mutual interest there. I don't know how real it is given the Clippers can offer a gigantic amount of money and are also a really good team; and the Spurs, like I said, have no sort of cap flexibility to get there. I'm very curious about what they do this summer and who's on the team next year."

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing this is true...lol

There is a huge chasm between interest in Chris Paul and interest in Rose.

I guess the divide is 20 mil a year wide.

The Wolves are even more confusing since they have Dunn and Rubio.

It is unclear at this point which other teams besides the Timberwolves view Rose as a potential free-agent target. Some rival executives believe that the San Antonio Spurs may have interest in Rose, depending on how the free-agent market for point guards develops.

Rose, who has a history of serious knee injuries, said in late March that he'd prioritize winning over money as a free agent.

"Not even thinking money. I've got more than enough money saved. If I stopped playing basketball now, I'll be all right," Rose told reporters in Utah on Wednesday night. "I want to win. I want to be happy and feel at peace with myself wherever I'm at. But being at the negotiating table, you never know. I'm not going to negotiate with people where money is the No. 1 thing I'm asking for. I want to win."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing this is true...lol

There is a huge chasm between interest in Chris Paul and interest in Rose.

I guess the divide is 20 mil a year wide.

The Wolves are even more confusing since they have Dunn and Rubio.

It is unclear at this point which other teams besides the Timberwolves view Rose as a potential free-agent target. Some rival executives believe that the San Antonio Spurs may have interest in Rose, depending on how the free-agent market for point guards develops.

Rose, who has a history of serious knee injuries, said in late March that he'd prioritize winning over money as a free agent.

"Not even thinking money. I've got more than enough money saved. If I stopped playing basketball now, I'll be all right," Rose told reporters in Utah on Wednesday night. "I want to win. I want to be happy and feel at peace with myself wherever I'm at. But being at the negotiating table, you never know. I'm not going to negotiate with people where money is the No. 1 thing I'm asking for. I want to win."

It may make more sense for the Spurs to gamble on Rose as strange as that sounds. With CP3 they may have to trade away some pieces outside of Kawhi and Aldridge. And I don't trust Aldridge as being an all around big man. Of course they do have some rookies that are still on their cheap deals. Will be an interesting offseason.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may make more sense for the Spurs to gamble on Rose as strange as that sounds. With CP3 they may have to trade away some pieces outside of Kawhi and Aldridge. And I don't trust Aldridge as being an all around big man. Of course they do have some rookies that are still on their cheap deals. Will be an interesting offseason.

I think they can meet in the middle of Rose and Paul and go with Hill, Holiday or Teague.

If Heyward bails, I don't think Hill is sticking around.

He knows the Spurs system too.

I think Mills might be priced out which is why I mentioned Holiday and Teague.

If you have to pay 15 plus, might as well be to one of those guys.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can meet in the middle of Rose and Paul and go with Hill, Holiday or Teague.

If Heyward bails, I don't think Hill is sticking around.

He knows the Spurs system too.

I think Mills might be priced out which is why I mentioned Holiday and Teague.

If you have to pay 15 plus, might as well be to one of those guys.

I forgot about Hill - but he makes the most sense. It's clear he was not given the opportunity in Indiana and proved to be a decent option in Utah - I can only imagine what he does in the Spurs system.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Hill - but he makes the most sense. It's clear he was not given the opportunity in Indiana and proved to be a decent option in Utah - I can only imagine what he does in the Spurs system.
How awesome would it be for the Spurs to get Hill back to play with Prime Kawhi....lol

The Jazz should have gotten this deal done before the deadline.

They should have never let him hit free agency.

Ps. I think it's clear that teams should probably stop heavily investing in Monta and Rondo, yeah?

Paul George should have had more help than what Ellis produced.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How awesome would it be for the Spurs to get Hill back to play with Prime Kawhi....lol

The Jazz should have gotten this deal done before the deadline.

They should have never let him hit free agency.

Ps. I think it's clear that teams should probably stop heavily investing in Monta and Rondo, yeah?

Paul George should have had more help than what Ellis produced.
Jazz could go from being a definite playoff team and maybe 1 piece away from title contending to probable lottery team if Hill and Hayward are gone.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jazz could go from being a definite playoff team and maybe 1 piece away from title contending to probable lottery team if Hill and Hayward are gone.
Yeah, I hope they stay.

But, now that the Designated player extension is off the table for Hayward, He could opt to join Brad Stevens.

Like @larryjohn said, Pop loves Hill and only parted with the guy to get Kawhi.

That was obviously the right way to go. But, wouldn't it be great to have em both?