• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly?

The Wizards would win 10 fewer games and would lose first round of the playoffs. Wall is MUCH better than Kyrie as a team leader.

Kyrie is the better fit playing alongside LeBron also. Would really hurt both teams if that deal went through for real.
Well if you win 10 fewer games you don't make the playoffs at all last year lol

I think the EC being what it is you guys finish about the same, and I think you'd beat ATL either way.

For the record I like Wall better, just don't think that trade changes the landscape of the EC.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wall and Irving but would only want Irving playing SG.......next to Ball, he'd be nice.

When can we trade KCP for him.......December?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, at least this frees up the Cavs to make a bold move. They have nothing to lose. There would've been so much backlash if the Cavs just went and traded Kyrie, but now they are free to make a move without any backlash.

We all know LeBron could very well walk away in 1 year, but if you don't think LeBron will be super motivated to make the Finals this season with the Cavs, without Kyrie, I don't know what to tell you.

No hard feelings for Kyrie. He's a grown man who can do what he wants, but I think he's gonna regret this.
Agree

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't envision a scenario that has the Cavs taking back Deng.

He was Lebron's replacement with the Cavs and then he replaced Lebron with the Heat.

Both times on short deals.

I don't see a 3rd stint with that shitty contract.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, at least this frees up the Cavs to make a bold move. They have nothing to lose. There would've been so much backlash if the Cavs just went and traded Kyrie, but now they are free to make a move without any backlash.

We all know LeBron could very well walk away in 1 year, but if you don't think LeBron will be super motivated to make the Finals this season with the Cavs, without Kyrie, I don't know what to tell you.

No hard feelings for Kyrie. He's a grown man who can do what he wants, but I think he's gonna regret this.

My opinion is this:
1. He's more interested in cash then another ring.
2. He feels James will/ might bolt next year, so why wait.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until this moment, I've laughed at the overreaction of the Cavs supposedly awful off-season.

Not anymore. This is a legit firestorm.

Something that we're not hearing about yet is going way wrong in Believeland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am feeling really good about everything negative I have ever said about Kyrie. Dysfunction and uncertainty in Cleveland surely plays some role here, but it sounds like this is more about Kyrie's role and desire to accumulate accolades.

Dude might be clutch, but he is no winner.

@WiggyRuss thoughts?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. Had to post this here. Hilarious.

This is a proposed trade some idiot Cavs homer on there suggested:

Cavs get:
Melo
Bledsoe
Josh Jackson

Knicks get:
Kyrie

Suns get:
Frye
Turkish dude
Knicks 1st

Looks like a real winner for the Suns there. LOL.

Of course a Cavs poster that would make that trade and think it would really happen. Teams now know that they have a disgruntled start player on the roster. They're going to get 3 quarters back on the dollar; they're not going to get fair and equal value. So how are they actually going to swindle another team? LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade the farm for Lebron this Summer and use cap to sign George next?

It's pretty clear he's headed your way .

So, I wouldn't.

Hell no. The whole idea is to let these young guys develop. They can develop for another year and then bring in Lebron and PG as FA's to accelerate their development.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd offer Clarkson, Randle, and a 2nd round pick for James right FUCKING NOW.

Why? There's a good chance you'll be in the Lebron sweep stakes next year. Take a lesson from the Melo-Knicks/Nuggets situation. Melo was going to NY regardless when he was a free agent, but he wanted to be traded for an got impatient. When he arrived in NY, it was a barren team because they shipped a boat load of assets to Denver for him.