• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Mountain West Power Rankings Week 4

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. San Diego State - I can't see this changing much this year, San Diego State spotted Air Force 9 points in a torrential downpour on the road and came back to win 28-24. San Diego State's win over Arizona State looks better than a win over a crappy team with Arizona State beating Oregon. San Diego State is easily the best team this conference has had since 2011. Next up is a game against Northern Illinois who had a bye week after upsetting Nebraska the week before.

2. Air Force - Two consecutive losses for Air Force but they've had nothing to be ashamed of in both losses, they did get spotted a 9-0 lead against San Diego State on their flooded field but San Diego State came back to win. Now they take on New Mexico on the road.

3. Colorado State - Colorado State had a bye week, seeing that they played Alabama the week before it was much needed. They face Hawai'i on the island this week.

4. Wyoming - I have them pretty high up there even though it's a significant question as to where this team would be without Josh Allen, despite a lot of bad blocking and dropped passes by receivers Wyoming edged out Hawai'i in overtime. They leave conference play again to play Texas State.

5. Hawai'i - Hawai'i did not play too bad themselves taking on Wyoming, they managed to bring the game into overtime despite playing at elevation which they are not used to. Hawai'i seems to be solid. Next up they host Colorado State which is a nice upset opportunity.

6. Utah State - This team seems like it can't stand up to top competition well, but on equal or lesser footing they have impressed. Utah State absolutely destroyed San Jose State 61-10. Now they take on a struggling BYU team at home.

7. Boise State - They got absolutely run off their own turf by Virginia and I really don't want to talk much more about it. They have a bye week this weekend which is a relief.

8. New Mexico - New Mexico lost to New Mexico State, but now it's starting to seem possible that New Mexico State surprisingly doesn't suck...it's a situation to monitor. New Mexico surprisingly took down Tulsa on the road for a big upset. Now they get Air Force at home to try to follow it up.

9. Fresno State - They had a much needed bye week, and now they get to face Nevada.

10. UNLV - UNLV suffered an expected blowout loss to Ohio State. They can recover as they face San Jose State next.

11. San Jose State - San Jose State got absolutely destroyed by Utah State 61-10, it looks like it's going to be a very rough first year for Brent Brennan.

12. Nevada - Jay Norvell is another coach going through a rough first year. If you're going to suck you might as well have a vision to improve going forward.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. San Diego State - I can't see this changing much this year, San Diego State spotted Air Force 9 points in a torrential downpour on the road and came back to win 28-24. San Diego State's win over Arizona State looks better than a win over a crappy team with Arizona State beating Oregon. San Diego State is easily the best team this conference has had since 2011. Next up is a game against Northern Illinois who had a bye week after upsetting Nebraska the week before.

2. Air Force - Two consecutive losses for Air Force but they've had nothing to be ashamed of in both losses, they did get spotted a 9-0 lead against San Diego State on their flooded field but San Diego State came back to win. Now they take on New Mexico on the road.

3. Colorado State - Colorado State had a bye week, seeing that they played Alabama the week before it was much needed. They face Hawai'i on the island this week.

4. Wyoming - I have them pretty high up there even though it's a significant question as to where this team would be without Josh Allen, despite a lot of bad blocking and dropped passes by receivers Wyoming edged out Hawai'i in overtime. They leave conference play again to play Texas State.

5. Hawai'i - Hawai'i did not play too bad themselves taking on Wyoming, they managed to bring the game into overtime despite playing at elevation which they are not used to. Hawai'i seems to be solid. Next up they host Colorado State which is a nice upset opportunity.

6. Utah State - This team seems like it can't stand up to top competition well, but on equal or lesser footing they have impressed. Utah State absolutely destroyed San Jose State 61-10. Now they take on a struggling BYU team at home.

7. Boise State - They got absolutely run off their own turf by Virginia and I really don't want to talk much more about it. They have a bye week this weekend which is a relief.

8. New Mexico - New Mexico lost to New Mexico State, but now it's starting to seem possible that New Mexico State surprisingly doesn't suck...it's a situation to monitor. New Mexico surprisingly took down Tulsa on the road for a big upset. Now they get Air Force at home to try to follow it up.

9. Fresno State - They had a much needed bye week, and now they get to face Nevada.

10. UNLV - UNLV suffered an expected blowout loss to Ohio State. They can recover as they face San Jose State next.

11. San Jose State - San Jose State got absolutely destroyed by Utah State 61-10, it looks like it's going to be a very rough first year for Brent Brennan.

12. Nevada - Jay Norvell is another coach going through a rough first year. If you're going to suck you might as well have a vision to improve going forward.

Boise does suck, I agree with you there. But I don’t think they are worse than Utah State, Hawai’i, and Wyoming. I suppose time will tell. And in terms of SDSU being the best conference team since 2011, don’t forget that Boise finished #14 in 2012 and also #16 in 2014 after beating top 10 Arizona in their third Fiesta Bowl win in three tries. Not saying that SDSU can’t top that this season but it’s something to keep in mind.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise does suck, I agree with you there. But I don’t think they are worse than Utah State, Hawai’i, and Wyoming. I suppose time will tell. And in terms of SDSU being the best conference team since 2011, don’t forget that Boise finished #14 in 2012 and also #16 in 2014 after beating top 10 Arizona in their third Fiesta Bowl win in three tries. Not saying that SDSU can’t top that this season but it’s something to keep in mind.

I guess I mixed 2012 with 2013, San Diego State this year is still better than the 2012 team. Taking the whole year into account they're better in 2014 but we were on absolute fire to end that year and I still wonder to this day what we could have done had we played like that all year (especially when you consider that we actually were only down 7-6 entering the 4th quarter, if our offense played well back then we would have won)

As for this year, all 4 of us between Utah State, Hawai'i and Wyoming have had some humiliating losses so far, there's really nothing to convince me that we're better than those 3. Were were blown out by Virginia and our two wins are over a team that barely beat New Mexico State and a team that lost to New Mexico State.