• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Mountain West Power Rankings Week 3

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This conference sucks less than usual edition!

1. San Diego State - San Diego State put up an impressive performance on Saturday, one that perhaps will allow the casual observer to realize that this is San Diego State's conference and the rest of us are just living in it. They play the same style as Stanford with lesser recruits but won anyway, other than a few glitches they were dominant defensively, the x-factor was QB Christian Chapman who has been a fantastic game manager for this program, but he made it clear that he can make good throws when needed late on their last drive against Stanford. They can't rest though, up next is a very tough road trip.

2. Air Force - against this team, Air Force themselves had a solid performance as they took on Michigan and their defense frustrated Michigan's offense throughout, but special teams let them down and their offense struggled against Michigan's talented defense in a 29-13 loss.

3. Colorado State - They actually did not completely embarrass themselves against Alabama, rolling up nearly 400 yards and 23 points against the always dominant Tide defense, two of those touchdowns came in garbage time but even with garbage time very few opponents will match that production.

4. Boise State - It's a pretty significant drop-off from #3, Boise State's defense was once again very good, their offense, especially the offensive line was very bad.

5. Hawai'i - Rainbows got a bye week this week, interesting battle between them and Wyoming next.

6. Fresno State - They didn't really put up much of a fight against Washington, but I'm not sure how many teams can go through what they have the past two weeks in playing Alabama and Washington.

7. Wyoming - Their offense has collapsed from a year ago, Josh Allen basically has nothing around him. It has certainly hurt his draft stock, he simply needs some playmaker, any playmaker to emerge.

8. New Mexico - New Mexico State nearly beat Troy on Saturday, I'm starting to wonder if New Mexico State doesn't suck as much as I thought. New Mexico lost to Boise State but not by too much.

9. UNLV - I guess I will put them here, they had a bye week this week. Still don't know what this team is like with contracting results so far. They play Ohio State next...lord have mercy on the Rebels

10. Utah State - Remember when Utah State took a 10-0 lead on Wisconsin? It's been pretty much downhill ever since.

11. San Jose State - Remember when San Jose State took a 16-0 on South Florida? It's been pretty much downhill ever since.

12. Nevada - Ok they immediately drop to last, what a fucking pathetic performance. Nevada lost to Idaho State....Idaho fucking State! One of the worst teams in FCS, and they had come off a 51-13 loss to Utah State and haven't won over a FBS opponent since 2000! They went 2-9 at the FCS level last year. This team took a 30-7 lead against Nevada. That is horrible

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the championship game in Colorado springs pretty easily the way the rest of the west is playing

Nevada is just a dumpster fire

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the championship game in Colorado springs pretty easily the way the rest of the west is playing

Nevada is just a dumpster fire

LOL! They are very bad

You mean in San Diego?

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or San Diego......I'm still not sure how in the hell we hosted last year.....other than beating them in the regular season

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or San Diego......I'm still not sure how in the hell we hosted last year.....other than beating them in the regular season

Perhaps that was why sir, I can't imagine any other reason