• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Most Dejected Fanbase goes to......

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Oklahoma State Cowboys.

They said fuck it.
Capture.JPG
You couldn't buy a seat at Bedlam for less than $200....now you can go to a game for the cost of a drink at Starbucks.

Here's a good deal too:
Capture2.JPG
edit* checked this one out too, lowest is $46. Damnit, I'll be close but that's too much.

Last edited:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and in the spirit of transparency:
Capture3.JPG

...apparently many OU ticket holders have plans this weekend?

edit* ok, checked it out and the lowest is $56...that's still a bargain! half-price?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Oklahoma State Cowboys.

Here's a good deal too:
View attachment 169672
edit* checked this one out too, lowest is $46. Damnit, I'll be close but that's too much.

See, a good deal implies you are receiving some value...I might as well buy a powerball ticket...the odds of receiving some value is equally good. At least with powerball there is a decent chance I might get my money back.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is Kansas.

This season has made me rethink ending the season with Bedlam. Before I liked having it earlier because it seemed dumb to play the game and likely have a rematch a week later. Now the team is sleepwalking through the last month of the season. It seemed like there was more emphasis on the TCU Tech gsme this week than our own and that has taken some of the fun out of it.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about ticket prices but there are those in the scUM fanbase calling for Harbaughs head when he was their savior not too long ago

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old Oklahoma State fans.
"It's our year, until it isn't"

Yeah, this was the same thing we had going with Aggy until they ran away......now everyone in the SEC West gets to hear it

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about ticket prices but there are those in the scUM fanbase calling for Harbaughs head when he was their savior not too long ago
Creating your own narrative huh? No one is calling for Harbaugh's head. He's the best thing to happen to us in a very very long time. I'm not saying this year was ideal, but it's understandable. And there was a point and time where I would have begged to simply make a bowl game. A lot of things, including two QB's going down, had to happen for us to only hit 8 wins (and two games are still left).

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this was the same thing we had going with Aggy until they ran away......now everyone in the SEC West gets to hear it

I've only got to watch Texas play in Austin one time and that was against aTm. What an experience. Sixth Street was a hoot with Aggies and their girlfriends dressed in camouflage and dirty bowling shirts gathered in huddles shouting some booga wooga chant and the Texas fans walking around in Polo shirts with pretty girlfriends. And that stadium! Chuck Yeager has never been as high as I was sitting 3 rows from the top. The Aggie band was loud and the Texas band was doing its damnedest to drown them out. What a shame this game is no longer played.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creating your own narrative huh? No one is calling for Harbaugh's head. He's the best thing to happen to us in a very very long time. I'm not saying this year was ideal, but it's understandable. And there was a point and time where I would have begged to simply make a bowl game. A lot of things, including two QB's going down, had to happen for us to only hit 8 wins (and two games are still left).

They weren't that good when they were standing. Just sayin.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't that good when they were standing. Just sayin.
Our offense was progressing nicely with Peters and who knows what would have happened had Speight not been knocked out earlier. Hell, even against Wisconsin we were moving the ball pretty well until Peters went out.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense was progressing nicely with Peters and who knows what would have happened had Speight not been knocked out earlier. Hell, even against Wisconsin we were moving the ball pretty well until Peters went out.

Your offense was progressing nicely? Take a big step back and take a look at your offense since Harbaughs been there.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what's Jimmy Jam's issue? Does he need more time? By Tressel's 3rd year he already won a Natty, and same w/ Meyer. Does he need to get "his recruits" in ann arbor even though he took Hoke's players & doubled the win total his 1st year? And don't use the injury excuse, it's lame. Let me remind you in '14 Ohio State won it all w/ a 3rd string QB. Some of you meeeechegan fans though can't/won't admit that he's simply not the immediate savior so many thought he'd be.

Here's the best summary of Jimmy Jam's coaching career in ann arbor so far. He's the greatest coach ever that hasn't beaten his main rival (and has a losing record against the other rival), hasn't won his division, hasn't won his conference & of course doesn't have a Natty. Now if you ignore all those things that every other CFB coach in the country is judged by he's the greatest CFB coach ever.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not creating my own narrative at all but I'm not agreeing with the complaints either. I do agree with you Harbaugh is a good coach but you'd have to be living in La La land not to have seen/heard the complaints about him and even those wishing he would be fired/return to the NFL. Heck there has been plenty of this very board

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's Jimmy Jam's issue? Does he need more time? By Tressel's 3rd year he already won a Natty, and same w/ Meyer. Does he need to get "his recruits" in ann arbor even though he took Hoke's players & doubled the win total his 1st year? And don't use the injury excuse, it's lame. Let me remind you in '14 Ohio State won it all w/ a 3rd string QB. Some of you meeeechegan fans though can't/won't admit that he's simply not the immediate savior so many thought he'd be.

Here's the best summary of Jimmy Jam's coaching career in ann arbor so far. He's the greatest coach ever that hasn't beaten his main rival (and has a losing record against the other rival), hasn't won his division, hasn't won his conference & of course doesn't have a Natty. Now if you ignore all those things that every other CFB coach in the country is judged by he's the greatest CFB coach ever.
Let's not forget, OSU is the exception to many of the cases you're making. Most teams can't take a 3rd string QB and win a national title. FSU lost their starting QB the first game and might not make a bowl game this year.

Most coaches, even great ones, don't win a national title within 3 years. Fact is, our roster wasn't anything like what Urban took over at OSU, or even what Tressel took over from Cooper. Harbaugh had two good classes to work with and he did OK. We've also had some pretty tough breaks in the last 3 years.

IMO, we just have to be patient. He's winning games. He's just not winning key games yet, which I think will come. We have one of the youngest rosters in CFB and that's going to pay off in the next 1-2 years.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not creating my own narrative at all but I'm not agreeing with the complaints either. I do agree with you Harbaugh is a good coach but you'd have to be living in La La land not to have seen/heard the complaints about him and even those wishing he would be fired/return to the NFL. Heck there has been plenty of this very board
I'm sure there are idiot fans who have called for Urban or Saban to be fired. Typically, those start at the people who don't know anything about the circumstances surrounding the season or the team.

The obvious retort to anyone wishing to fire Harbaugh (stupid people) -- who would you ever replace him with?

No matter the individual game records, Harbaugh is 28-8 at Michigan (that's good) and flipped around the program from one of the worst 10 year stretches in our history. I'm pretty confident he'll be able to start winning those key games on top of the other games we're supposed to, and do, win.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget, OSU is the exception to many of the cases you're making. Most teams can't take a 3rd string QB and win a national title. FSU lost their starting QB the first game and might not make a bowl game this year.

Most coaches, even great ones, don't win a national title within 3 years. Fact is, our roster wasn't anything like what Urban took over at OSU, or even what Tressel took over from Cooper. Harbaugh had two good classes to work with and he did OK. We've also had some pretty tough breaks in the last 3 years.

IMO, we just have to be patient. He's winning games. He's just not winning key games yet, which I think will come. We have one of the youngest rosters in CFB and that's going to pay off in the next 1-2 years.

Meyer took over a Buckeye team that was 6-7 the previous year. Funny you seem to ignore that fact. Saban won a Natty @ Bama in his 3rd year. Some of you meeeechegan fans insist Jimmy Jam's on the same level w/ the current great HC's in the CFB game. All I have done is prove you wrong. And some of you fans have more excuses this year than wins. Just stop w/ that "youngest roster" nonsense. Michigan State is younger than meeeechegan this year & just look how they are doing.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer took over a Buckeye team that was 6-7 the previous year. Funny you seem to ignore that fact. Saban won a Natty @ Bama in his 3rd year. Some of you meeeechegan fans insist Jimmy Jam's on the same level w/ the current great HC's in the CFB game. All I have done is prove you wrong. And some of you fans have more excuses this year than wins. Just stop w/ that "youngest roster" nonsense. Michigan State is younger than meeeechegan this year & just look how they are doing.
OSU was 6-7 because Fickell either isn't a good head coach or wasn't ready. In the four seasons going into 2011 OSU was 44-8. The 4 seasons after 2011 OSU went 50-4. The OSU recruiting classes from 09, 10, 11 and 12 ranked #5, #18, #6 and #5. Going into 2015 Harbaugh had the #6, #4, #20 and #37 ranked classes to work with....and a good number of kids from the 4 and 6 ranked classes were already gone. Don't try and kid yourself and think Urban taking over the 2012 team was anything like what Harbaugh took over at Michigan. Urban took over a totally healthy program. Harbaugh took over a broken program with some pieces to work with.

Harbaugh isn't on Urban's level yet. It's just that simple. But it's impossible to argue he isn't a good coach based on his accomplishments. He's flipped around every program he's coached at and if we give him some time, he'll start winning the most important games that have eluded us since 2006.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Progressing nicely against Rutgers, Minnesota, and Maryland.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Progressing nicely against Rutgers, Minnesota, and Maryland.
Which we weren't able to do against terrible teams earlier in the season. Handling teams comfortably is a good step in the right direction.