• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 MLS Thread

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASAD! 1-0 United. What a crazy game this is turning out to be.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as this season has evolved into as having some promise at least we've done something that New England and Colorado can't say they've done this season...win on the road.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Galaxy have been awful this entire season, and I was hoping hiring Sigi would turn things around, but nothing has changed thus far. Just more losses.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy run in the West. Not bad when you consider the rough start the Sounders had, compared to where they are now! Even though they tied with Portland, they STILL sit alone on top of the conference for now!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL won 7-0

Cool home atmosphere that feels like europe in a way

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I have ST's to Atlanta United, and it's been an absolute blast. This past weekend we had over 70k people in attendance, and my wife and I got to sit in one of the suites. Needs to say the stadium, atmosphere, and the talent are all things that have made this one of the best sports stories of the year.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I have ST's to Atlanta United, and it's been an absolute blast. This past weekend we had over 70k people in attendance, and my wife and I got to sit in one of the suites. Needs to say the stadium, atmosphere, and the talent are all things that have made this one of the best sports stories of the year.
Even at GT they were pulling in 40k +. Real good soccer atmosphere in ATL.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logo_0.png

Wednesday, September 20
Atlanta United vs LA Galaxy
Toronto FC vs Montreal

Saturday, September 23
NYC FC cs Houston Dynamo
New England vs Toronto FC
D.C. United vs San Jose
Philadelphia vs Chicago
Columbus vs NY Red Bulls
Minnesota United vs FC Dallas
Real Salt Lake vs Seattle Sounders
Vancouver vs Colorado

Sunday, September 24
Sporting KC vs LA Galaxy
Atlanta United vs Montreal
Portland vs Orlando City

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the scoring frenzy stayed true last night. We won 4-0 with goals from Martinez, Almirion and Asad (2).

Next up, Montreal on Sunday at 5pm.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sold my tickets today to the United match. Wife wants to watch it from home. 3 points would be massive today as we get closer and closer to the playoffs.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it happened last night. Atlanta United officially qualified for the playoffs. If we can hold onto the #2 spot, that would be massive, especially if we can do it while staying healthy.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galaxy missing the playoffs, and are as of right now the worst team in MLS. Up 3-1 at Houston, conceded 2 goals in the final 10 minutes to draw 3-3. Up 1-0 against 10-man RSL last night, conceded in the 95th minute. Another draw.

I'd like to think Lletget and Husidic being healthy would change quite a few things, but this team is just AWFUL.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Became a Philadelphia Union fan this season. Not based on any results mind you. Had been an Orlando City fan because I lived down there for 12 years and they really have no other sports team, but other than that, had no ties...

So Philly... Here's the story.

Went to the Women's National Team game for the She Believe's Cup at Talen Energy Stadium (Philadelphia Union's stadium). My daughter is/was 13 (14 now) and plays travel soccer and a HUGE fan of the WNT... So I see this add on for an 'On Field Experience' during warm-ups and really want to do this for my daughter so she can get some up close pics of her idols and such...

So they take them down to the field, and stuff them behind the goal behind a fence. The keepers are near by, but the rest of the ladies are warming up near midfield. Meanwhile, because nobody has taken their seats, the front row of the entire stadium is empty, and all the child fans crowd the front row at midfield and are within 10 feet of the players..... FOR FREE!!!

Okay, so I was livid... Paid $80 so my daughter could watch a bunch of other kids get great pictures for free while she's trapped behind a barrier unable to get pics of anyone but the damn goalies!

So anyway, I didn't know who to write to complain, so I went of the Philadelphia Union's website and took down the email addresses of all the higher ups and sent an email lighting them up for this (As well as a few other issues I had)... Turns out, the Union had nothing to do with any of it. They basically rented the stadium out to US Soccer for the event and had no control over any of what happened. Got a nice email back explaining this and also expressing regret that we didn't have a good time there and they gave my entire family free tickets and free parking for a game of my choice... The didn't have to do that. Eventually U.S. soccer emailed me asking how the "On Field Experience" was and I got to light them up and got my $$$ back for that...

Anyway, SOLD... I am now a Union Fan! :D

They had a crap season, but the game we went to was vs. FC Dallas which Philly won 3-1... The atmosphere at the stadium is AWESOME let me say... And the stadium itself is really nice. Right on the Delaware River with a really neat backdrop (Though it is located in a really slum-like area of Chester, PA...).

Anyway, that's my story. We didn't make the playoffs or anything, but NEXT year!!!! LOL!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how can you not think this is cool?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Became a Philadelphia Union fan this season. Not based on any results mind you. Had been an Orlando City fan because I lived down there for 12 years and they really have no other sports team, but other than that, had no ties...

So Philly... Here's the story.

Went to the Women's National Team game for the She Believe's Cup at Talen Energy Stadium (Philadelphia Union's stadium). My daughter is/was 13 (14 now) and plays travel soccer and a HUGE fan of the WNT... So I see this add on for an 'On Field Experience' during warm-ups and really want to do this for my daughter so she can get some up close pics of her idols and such...

So they take them down to the field, and stuff them behind the goal behind a fence. The keepers are near by, but the rest of the ladies are warming up near midfield. Meanwhile, because nobody has taken their seats, the front row of the entire stadium is empty, and all the child fans crowd the front row at midfield and are within 10 feet of the players..... FOR FREE!!!

Okay, so I was livid... Paid $80 so my daughter could watch a bunch of other kids get great pictures for free while she's trapped behind a barrier unable to get pics of anyone but the damn goalies!

So anyway, I didn't know who to write to complain, so I went of the Philadelphia Union's website and took down the email addresses of all the higher ups and sent an email lighting them up for this (As well as a few other issues I had)... Turns out, the Union had nothing to do with any of it. They basically rented the stadium out to US Soccer for the event and had no control over any of what happened. Got a nice email back explaining this and also expressing regret that we didn't have a good time there and they gave my entire family free tickets and free parking for a game of my choice... The didn't have to do that. Eventually U.S. soccer emailed me asking how the "On Field Experience" was and I got to light them up and got my $$$ back for that...

Anyway, SOLD... I am now a Union Fan! :D

They had a crap season, but the game we went to was vs. FC Dallas which Philly won 3-1... The atmosphere at the stadium is AWESOME let me say... And the stadium itself is really nice. Right on the Delaware River with a really neat backdrop (Though it is located in a really slum-like area of Chester, PA...).

Anyway, that's my story. We didn't make the playoffs or anything, but NEXT year!!!! LOL!
Union were actually the very first team I ever watched in the MLS, so they hold a special place in my heart, lol.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta United is where it's at.

Game against Columbus Crew tomorrow here in Atlanta. MLS playoffs here we come baby.