• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Draft Thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh diluted is a non issue to me if you can sit down and interview a guy. They're there to get weighed in officially for the first and only time ever for many of these guys. And guys are going to spend the next two months calling you too small if you're 195, and calling you a monster if you're 210. A gallon of water weighs 8 pounds... A lot of these guys are drinking as much water as they can to weigh in higher.

I mean ideally nobody wants a diluted sample but it happens to guys every year. I really don't think it moves his draft spot even 1 position.

What I dont get is why take that chance if you know your drug test can come back diluted and you could be 1 strike away from being out for a year? Just to gain 5 pounds or so does not seem worth the risk.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I dont get is why take that chance if you know your drug test can come back diluted and you could be 1 strike away from being out for a year? Just to gain 5 pounds or so does not seem worth the risk.

What do you do, stop drinking water? How much is even too much? If you drank water at 9am instead of 11am would it have made a difference?

I mean I guess you could actually practice for your drug test, they practice for pretty much every other aspect of the combine. But like Joe Thomas just recently stated, getting a diluted sample at the combine is a failure of the system and not a failure of the individual. You can apperently tell right away if it's too diluted, Thomas himself said they should just wait an hour and retest. Drugs wouldn't be out of your system in an hour, or even 6, but too much water would.

*note this is all assuming that you can sit down with Peppers, look him in the eye and believe that he just drank water. Actually failing a drug test at the combine is way high on my list of red flags to drop a player. But from hearing interviews with Peppers in the past he is one of the guys I could honestly believe drank too much water.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you do, stop drinking water? How much is even too much? If you drank water at 9am instead of 11am would it have made a difference?

I mean I guess you could actually practice for your drug test, they practice for pretty much every other aspect of the combine. But like Joe Thomas just recently stated, getting a diluted sample at the combine is a failure of the system and not a failure of the individual. You can apperently tell right away if it's too diluted, Thomas himself said they should just wait an hour and retest. Drugs wouldn't be out of your system in an hour, or even 6, but too much water would.

*note this is all assuming that you can sit down with Peppers, look him in the eye and believe that he just drank water. Actually failing a drug test at the combine is way high on my list of red flags to drop a player. But from hearing interviews with Peppers in the past he is one of the guys I could honestly believe drank too much water.
Heard yesterday that in order to reach a diluted level you'd need to drink over a gallon within the last hour.

These were intentional.

They all smoke tweed and do PEDs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But from hearing interviews with Peppers in the past he is one of the guys I could honestly believe drank too much water.
Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Time!!!!
DanceBreak-0.png