• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Draft Thread

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but we have our tackles. Where would he play?

Rotational guy until he improves his footwork and learns to use his long arms to his advantage. Then RT. Just because Quinn put a floor at RT, doesn't mean he's done with the position.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotational guy until he improves his footwork and learns to use his long arms to his advantage. Then RT. Just because Quinn put a floor at RT, doesn't mean he's done with the position.

After drafting 3 linemen last year, and acquiring two more in FA, I would be floored to see our 1st used on the Online. I imagine that Wagner will be our RT for the next 3-4 years minimum.

DE, CB/S LB, RB, TE, QB

That's my guess as to what BQ is targeting in the draft.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After drafting 3 linemen last year, and acquiring two more in FA, I would be floored to see our 1st used on the Online. I imagine that Wagner will be our RT for the next 3-4 years minimum.

DE, CB/S LB, RB, TE, QB

That's my guess as to what BQ is targeting in the draft.

No DTs?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we can play this year with ARob and the guys we got in FA rotating in and out. If the right guy fell, sure. Not sure who that is, and I don't think its as big a need as some of the other positions on D.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we can play this year with ARob and the guys we got in FA rotating in and out. If the right guy fell, sure. Not sure who that is, and I don't think its as big a need as some of the other positions on D.

We most certainly will take a DT. At the very least we need to replace fat ass. Those big body types usually go in the mid to late rounds so there is no sense waiting till next year if there is a guy there this year. Get a year of being schooled by NGata and then he becomes our 1/2 technique type player next year. I am hoping we take 2 guys this year. I have no faith in Jordan Hill. We have Ngata, A'shawn, Kyri, and Akheem. Not terrible but Ngata will probably have nothing left and barely be a rotational guy this year.

All that being said, LB is still the biggest need.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We most certainly will take a DT. At the very least we need to replace fat ass. Those big body types usually go in the mid to late rounds so there is no sense waiting till next year if there is a guy there this year. Get a year of being schooled by NGata and then he becomes our 1/2 technique type player next year. I am hoping we take 2 guys this year. I have no faith in Jordan Hill. We have Ngata, A'shawn, Kyri, and Akheem. Not terrible but Ngata will probably have nothing left and barely be a rotational guy this year.

All that being said, LB is still the biggest need.

Seems like a super weak draft for DT's.

Quinn should select the talent of the draft with are edge rushers and CB's.

Millen and Mini-Millen would reach for the DT so they could fill a need.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB still the biggest need

You figure were going to be in Nickle formations the majority of the time. Right now we have Worrilow slated to at least start on run downs. Then you have Bynes vs Whitehead for the other spot. None of them can play well in Dime. So absolutely we need a stud who can help the safeties.

With that said, we need a Nickle CB in the worst way. Lawson will want a lot more money than he's prob worth. And we need Quin's successor at FS sooner than later, too.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a super weak draft for DT's.

Quinn should select the talent of the draft with are edge rushers and CB's.

Millen and Mini-Millen would reach for the DT so they could fill a need.

I dont necessarily agree with that DTs are weak. There may not be a Suh in this draft but there is some quality there. Look at my draft board and you will see I have a perfect replacement for Ngata late in the draft. We could use 1 more edge guy and that could very well be early. Definitely deeper draft for that. Same for CB. I think we definitely bring in 1 more CB.

Now O-lineman they are really weak. There is not 1 I would trust at OT. I like Robinson as a G who could slide out if needed or could even develop. I think we smartly addressed O-line in FA so maybe only a late round or UDFA to send to the practice squad.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB still the biggest need

You figure were going to be in Nickle formations the majority of the time. Right now we have Worrilow slated to at least start on run downs. Then you have Bynes vs Whitehead for the other spot. None of them can play well in Dime. So absolutely we need a stud who can help the safeties.

With that said, we need a Nickle CB in the worst way. Lawson will want a lot more money than he's prob worth. And we need Quin's successor at FS sooner than later, too.

Agreed. I am probably going to rearrange my picks again and make room for a safety too. We need a WR though as Boldin may not be back and we did squat in FA.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I am probably going to rearrange my picks again and make room for a safety too. We need a WR though as Boldin may not be back and we did squat in FA.

Well hurry up, BQ is waiting.:-)

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont necessarily agree with that DTs are weak. There may not be a Suh in this draft but there is some quality there. Look at my draft board and you will see I have a perfect replacement for Ngata late in the draft. We could use 1 more edge guy and that could very well be early. Definitely deeper draft for that. Same for CB. I think we definitely bring in 1 more CB.

Now O-lineman they are really weak. There is not 1 I would trust at OT. I like Robinson as a G who could slide out if needed or could even develop. I think we smartly addressed O-line in FA so maybe only a late round or UDFA to send to the practice squad.

I don't know. Brantley and McDowell scare me to death.

Also, not seeing any late round guys that are going to be more productive than the mediocre group of DT's we already have.

Hopefully Bryant can keep his nose clean this year and give us some interior pressure.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL decided that Hunter Dimick was too slow, small, and weak to be a NFL caliber athlete despite breaking the Utes sack record.

Pro day numbers:
6'3" 280 pounds
4.69 40
38 bench reps
10 foot broad jump

I did not find his shuttle numbers, but he has great production in a P5 conference and great athleticism. Seems like he could be a late round steal.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL decided that Hunter Dimick was too slow, small, and weak to be a NFL caliber athlete despite breaking the Utes sack record.

Pro day numbers:
6'3" 280 pounds
4.69 40
38 bench reps
10 foot broad jump

I did not find his shuttle numbers, but he has great production in a P5 conference and great athleticism. Seems like he could be a late round steal.

Maybe as a UDFA. Wouldnt spend a pick on him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe as a UDFA. Wouldnt spend a pick on him.

I would spend a 5th on him. Although I can admit there is some homer in that call.

14.5 sacks 22 tfl against mostly future pros. He is at worst a useful rotation guy on the dline imo

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would spend a 5th on him. Although I can admit there is some homer in that call.

14.5 sacks 22 tfl against mostly future pros. He is at worst a useful rotation guy on the dline imo

He could slot in as a late prospect. Assuming I am correct and we forego one early in the draft. He is really a DE so I cant see anyone seeing him as too small. CBS has him as a round 6 to 7.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro day numbers:
6'3" 280 pounds
4.69 40
38 bench reps
10 foot broad jump

Only film draft breakdown had on him

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only film draft breakdown had on him

It's a shame that is the only game they have for him, it was from his junior year coming off an injury where he had not played in the last 5 weeks. Strange they would not have anything from his Senior year

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan edge rusher Taco Charlton met with the Saints, Ravens, Cardinals, Titans and Steelers on Thursday.

Mr. Popularity has more meetings set up for Friday in conjunction with Michigan's pro day. Of note, he said he's had "a lot of talks" with the Lions and will be at their local prospect day. Charlton also met with them privately at the NFL Combine. Charlton told reports that he believes he's a top-15 pick. "I think I'm one of the better players out here in the draft," he said. The 6-foot-6, 270-pounder ran a 4.7s forty at Michigan's scouting event.