• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Football Season Thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not an exciting looking year for us so we'll likely use this thread to complain all year.

Hopefully I am wrong

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be in for a long season

You are most likely right, it's crazy how optimistic everyone else is about us

Name holds weight I guess, but seriously even ranking us ahead of San Diego State who has dominated this league? Crazy

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are most likely right, it's crazy how optimistic everyone else is about us

Name holds weight I guess, but seriously even ranking us ahead of San Diego State who has dominated this league? Crazy

It is crazy that we are a head of SDSU, I still have us losing to them, WSU and AF. I feel better about BYU after watching them against PSU last weekend.

I guess I should be more optimistic, we'll see after Troy

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy is no gimmie. They return 17 starters from a 10 win team that pushed Clemson to the limit and have a stud QB and stud RB. That point spread has zero business being 12 IMO.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is crazy that we are a head of SDSU, I still have us losing to them, WSU and AF. I feel better about BYU after watching them against PSU last weekend.

I guess I should be more optimistic, we'll see after Troy

I feel worse about Colorado State and I already figured we would lose to them because we haven't already

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy is no gimmie. They return 17 starters from a 10 win team that pushed Clemson to the limit and have a stud QB and stud RB. That point spread has zero business being 12 IMO.

The spread is seriously that big?

It is true though, we seriously don't have a guaranteed win in non-conference play this year. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost to Troy, I think we will at least struggle against them

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we get the win, but now what, who to we start at QB?

Still not very happy with play calling on offense

Defense look good

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a mess, isn't it? The young offensive line did not look good at all and I agree with you on the play calling. Rypien is a statute back there, has zero mobility, and throws miserably on the run. He looked like shit and his fumble and pick were backbreakers. What do we do? Tempting to shitcan him and go with Cozart who brings another dimension and gives defenses much more to think about. But if you go with that knee jerk reaction and go with a senior who has one year left who couldn't hold his job at Kansas and burn that bridge with Rypien it could be problematic.

Credit the return game on special teams and particularly the defense which was lights out.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a mess, isn't it? The young offensive line did not look good at all and I agree with you on the play calling. Rypien is a statute back there, has zero mobility, and throws miserably on the run. He looked like shit and his fumble and pick were backbreakers. What do we do? Tempting to shitcan him and go with Cozart who brings another dimension and gives defenses much more to think about. But if you go with that knee jerk reaction and go with a senior who has one year left who couldn't hold his job at Kansas and burn that bridge with Rypien it could be problematic.

Credit the return game on special teams and particularly the defense which was lights out.

I just know when Cozart was in the game, there defense played a little wider, which opened up our running backs running between the tackles.
No fly sweeps, no misdirection runs, just run up the middle.

We need to get back to Boise st football.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense was pretty much putrid unless Cozart was in, which was unexpected

Rypien should still be the starter, read an article earlier that basically mentioned how once things go bad Rypien struggles to collect himself, have a short memory and move on. Once something goes bad he just gets worse. Basically Rypien won't be that bad all the time, but Cozart will have to serve as a change of pace guy to collect the offense

Troy did have a defensive line that is very good, especially on the inside but our offensive line still has a long ways to go

But wow how about the defense? They gave up less points to Troy than the offense did, and overall they just dominated a very good offense that returned a lot of starters from last year. Very impressive effort.

Then special teams, finally for perhaps the first time in the Harsin era it wasn't a liability. We actually got big plays on special teams, and our average starting field position was very much improved.

We shall see how we go from here, I still expect Washington State to dominate us, but our defense could keep the score close

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just grown tired of losses like this, where we should have won but a bunch of turnovers screwed us once again

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a shot at the MW title. That's worth something!

P.S. San Diego is looking pretty good this year...shit.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a shot at the MW title. That's worth something!

P.S. San Diego is looking pretty good this year...shit.

Unfortunately we don't see

You know our routine we miss out on winning the division because of a mistake filled- comedy of errors game against our biggest division competitor

and San Diego State's defense just dominated Stanford's offensive line, not good...Stanford actually has a solid line, we don't. They're going to rip our offensive line a new one

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we don't see

You know our routine we miss out on winning the division because of a mistake filled- comedy of errors game against our biggest division competitor

and San Diego State's defense just dominated Stanford's offensive line, not good...Stanford actually has a solid line, we don't. They're going to rip our offensive line a new one
I still have hope. I have no confidence, but hope. SDSU does have a solid D line, but zero depth. Any injuries and they start to feel it. There is no doubt our O-line is garbage right now, but they're young and with more reps they'll improve.
I concede all of your points, but refuse to give up. Cheers:suds:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have hope. I have no confidence, but hope. SDSU does have a solid D line, but zero depth. Any injuries and they start to feel it. There is no doubt our O-line is garbage right now, but they're young and with more reps they'll improve.
I concede all of your points, but refuse to give up. Cheers:suds:

I like your spirit sir...I'm forcing myself to give up in lieu of being disappointed, seems like every time we get hope lately (Ex. the 31-10 lead over Washington State) we end up getting crushed in disappointment.

It's disappointing that the offensive line and run game are bad, both were strengths of this program for a long time.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is finally starting to round into a good form, our performance last night was the best of the season

our offense is finally playing well to pair with the defense and special teams, and most of all the past few weeks our offense has simply avoided turnovers lately...something not often seen in the Harsin era

It looks much more hopeful now but plenty of room for this season to go south

we play Nevada who has played better lately and they're coming off a bye week, then we have to face potentially the 3 toughest games in Colorado State, Air Force and Fresno State

sweep those games and we salvage the season, one non-Air Force loss would be frustrating but still seem like we're going forward...two we'll be pissed

by the way we're going to make a bowl game, which didn't seem possible at one point this year