• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Draft Thread

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
figires we win it when ere isn't a mcdavid or matthews hahaha but hey I will take it. I'm still in the camp we move the pick for the right offer. More then just duchense at this point too.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
figires we win it when ere isn't a mcdavid or matthews hahaha but hey I will take it. I'm still in the camp we move the pick for the right offer. More then just duchense at this point too.
Did you hit the roof too :yes: The devils options just skyrocketed

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aboot time we won something!
The Devils draft room just got complicated. Hall strikes again :dhd:

KOj8Ar.gif

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJ DEVILS WIN!!!!! RAGS LOSE!!!! ITS GREAT TO BE ALIVE!!!

ah man, I've been in Brooklyn all day n totally forgot the lotto was tonight. I just happened to check on devils news n bless my heart!!!!!

Let's go!!!!! Cheers to my buds!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More I read up on the two top guys. Nico I'm not sure I trust him. This was his first year playing in North America? Also scary if a guy to make that big of a jump in the standings in half a year.

Patrick has injuries but I don't think it's something that will bug him his entire career. Get hall the best center he can possibly have that's what I would do.

Go with Patrick

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked when we won this thing. Even more shocked Philly jumped to 2nd. Someone from the Cryers organization slurped some Bettman man juice.

Anyways, we have to get this right. Patrick scares me with the injuries but if he can stay somewhat healthy he has shown what he can do. The Swiss guy is a real wildcard IMO. Seems like he's really good but there is just something that gives me a feeling like we should avoid him.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have been hoping for Nico since December.
The guy was the best player in the world juniors against the same players who will be drafted in June. He dominated and was the only reason the Swiss team was relevant.
He almost beat the best team, USA, by himself.
He came to Canada (North America) to play and dominated again.

Patrick is the guy Flyers are hoping we pick up. I wont be upset with Patrick, but the injury scares the crap out of me.

Give me Nico. Speed, unbelievable skill, and a center.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Plus Nico ceiling is way higher. Patrick has been hurt since he was like 13.
But I do have a feeling the Devils go with Nolan.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy with either one. Would also be happy to move it for the right price. Plenty of options.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, the more I read about him the more I'm intrigued by Gabriel Vilardi. Speed, size, strength can score and plays defense from the center position. Seems like the perfect player for this franchise.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really speculate on the potential picks right now as I don't pay as much attention to the up and coming players as I should. I'll take y'alls word for it!

Definitely lots of options though. But if it were me, I would be very cautious about wanting to trade it. I really don't see them considering it, either. Hopefully, it's not often we'll have the number one pick. As has been said numerous times, the Devils (as the Devils) have never had one before, so we might as well use it to continue the trend of getting youth, skills and speed.

There may be no McDavid or Matthews this year, but we'll still get a solid dude that will help immensely.

Maybe this is the start of our luck turning around!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, the more I read about him the more I'm intrigued by Gabriel Vilardi. Speed, size, strength can score and plays defense from the center position. Seems like the perfect player for this franchise.
Everything about you described him sounds legit and something we should want.

But saying that, I feel we need someone who can take us beyond that and be a weapon on his own. If that makes sense

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think the devils play it "safe" and go with nolan. they will get hammered if they pass him up and the injury risk was nothing.

i get the flash and pop with nico i just dont know if i trust his resume yet. one great WJC and one year in the juniors? that worries me even though matthews played over in euro instead of the juniors and he turned out fine.

question i guess is that if patrick wasn't hurt this year would this even be a discussion? or would he be the hands down #1 pick? even with all his injury risk and missing time this year the best that nico could do is get to a 50/50 split for the top spot does that mean patrick was light years ahead of him to begin with?