• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 draft, gotta give Pace credit

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace has proven to be an excellent talent evaluator. I'll give Pace a slide on Kevin White but 2017 draft (not counting the trade up for Trubisky) has been a great success.

We are already pretty close, despite two losses everyone I'm sure can feel it. If we have another bad year (and it looks like we will), and Pace does his thing next year with high picks. That may be the best possible outcome for the Bears going forward.

Go Bears

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Today was a set-back, and quite the ugly display of offensive football. However, it's early and we're beat up. We have a career backup as a place-holder, working with a crew of cast-off and special teamers at WR.

Really... it was just the freakin turnovers man. Yardage-wise and with first downs. Look at the numbers. It was the same way at half too. Nearly even.

Total Yards: Bears 310 Bucs 311
Total 1st Downs: Bears 19 Bucs 22
Average yards per play: Bears 5.0 Bucs 4.6
3rd downs: Bears 7/14 Bucs 8/15

Turnovers: Bears 4 Bucs 1

The only red-flag I see with Pace, is that I'm not sure it's simply a coincidence anymore that some of the best talent he's evaluated is made of glass.

The injuries are absurd, and sure... a lot of it is bad luck. However, at a point this stops simply being "poor us!"... and we have to start considering durability more in the evaluation process.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will always be the question of if we would have gotten Trubisky without trading up, because so far his third and fourth round picks are keepers.