• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Division Prediction Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with buying in on the Chiefs as compared to recent years comes down to several things things:

1) Uncertainty with the Running Game
2) Uncertainty with the health of the defense; passrush fell apart when key guys got hurt
2a) How good is Ford exactly? Had a tremendous first half and disappeared after a hamstring injury
3) Is Terrance Mitchell legit or a mirage
3a) Is the secondary's depth any good at all if a starter goes down? Last year was an emphatic no until Mitchell came in.
4) Is DJ going to be useful?
4a) Ramik/Eligwe/March? Are any useful?
4b) Bailey
5) Possible Smith Decline
6) Takeaway regression

7) Will anyone be healthy when it matters? Hasn't been the case in the playoffs. Need some good fortune there for a serious SB run; is the case for most teams, but doubly so for an Alex Smith run squad.

Some of these rhyme with issues from previous years, but in past years I could pretty much count on the running game being productive and a passrush. That'll go a ways if you don't turn the ball over. If everything rolls in their favor they're going to be a load to handle, but that's going into homer territory.
Depth is a massive, massive issue for the Chiefs on offense imo. Alex Smith probably can't go down because Mahomes probably wont be ready. Kelce can't go down. Tyreek Hill can't go down. Not impressed with any of the Chiefs OL backups.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is a massive, massive issue for the Chiefs on offense imo. Alex Smith probably can't go down because Mahomes probably wont be ready. Kelce can't go down. Tyreek Hill can't go down. Not impressed with any of the Chiefs OL backups.
Correct- but I don't think that differs much from previous years for comparison purposes. Easier to see how 2015's squad would be pretty good as compared to 2017 for me, imo.

Fulton had the look of a decent backup center IIRC, but yeah, the depth on the OL is otherwise unimpressive and they'll probably be throwing a schlub at LG until Ehinger (who we don't know that much about really) comes back.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Kareem Hunt is becoming the guy in that backfield

Whats his background?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Kareem Hunt is becoming the guy in that backfield

Whats his background?
He looks to me like a Chris Ivory type guy with some catching ability and a little more wiggle than you'd think. He apparently has lost weight since his college days. He's actually a lot like... Spencer Ware- which isn't a bad thing at all when he's healthy.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks to me like a Chris Ivory type guy with some catching ability and a little more wiggle than you'd think. He apparently has lost weight since his college days. He's actually a lot like... Spencer Ware- which isn't a bad thing at all when he's healthy.

Any early reports on what Mahomes is looking like?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the biggest Carr guy, but if he continues to trend up into a perennial MVP type QB, and the big IF Lynch could turn thier running game from sub-par in 2016, to elite in 2017, its gonna be hard for them not to win 10 games

Same with the Giants, if Marshall and Engram turn that offense into a high powered unit, and I personally expect Perkins to brutally outplay what they got from Jennings last season, and if the defense continues to play at an elite level, I dont think you could make a comparison to what happened with them last season.

Carr has a little bit of that Jordan Spieth "IT" factor...Cooper and Crabtree are in the top 12 as a duo...I hear Walford might be a player to look for this yr. I think Lynch give them that guy you have respect when they fake it to him or give it to him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any early reports on what Mahomes is looking like?
Mostly good- but there are some occasional glitches like throwing to the wrong spot (or the WR ran the wrong route; impossible to tell) the coverage is mostly positive so far. Certainly some inconsistency. Nothing otherworldly- but the arm strength is very apparent from what I have been told.

Moreso happy he is taking extra reps. Proverbial last guy off the field. I want to see what he does when he has a guy trying to take his head off to make a team before getting too intrigued.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with buying in on the Chiefs as compared to recent years comes down to several things things:

1) Uncertainty with the Running Game
2) Uncertainty with the health of the defense; passrush fell apart when key guys got hurt
2a) How good is Ford exactly? Had a tremendous first half and disappeared after a hamstring injury
3) Is Terrance Mitchell legit or a mirage
3a) Is the secondary's depth any good at all if a starter goes down? Last year was an emphatic no until Mitchell came in.
4) Is DJ going to be useful?
4a) Ramik/Eligwe/March? Are any useful?
4b) Bailey
5) Possible Smith Decline
6) Takeaway regression

7) Will anyone be healthy when it matters? Hasn't been the case in the playoffs. Need some good fortune there for a serious SB run; is the case for most teams, but doubly so for an Alex Smith run squad.

Some of these rhyme with issues from previous years, but in past years I could pretty much count on the running game being productive and a passrush. That'll go a ways if you don't turn the ball over. If everything rolls in their favor they're going to be a load to handle, but that's going into homer territory.

It seems to me that their running game is productive no matter who is back there. I am surprised there is so much uncertainty.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 yr old Marshawn Lynch and I think they are unanimous favorites but tbh I'm much more worried about Jamaal Charles but really not so much about either.

Isn't Marshawn Lynch 31?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly good- but there are some occasional glitches like throwing to the wrong spot (or the WR ran the wrong route; impossible to tell) the coverage is mostly positive so far. Certainly some inconsistency. Nothing otherworldly- but the arm strength is very apparent from what I have been told.

Moreso happy he is taking extra reps. Proverbial last guy off the field. I want to see what he does when he has a guy trying to take his head off to make a team before getting too intrigued.
Well, there is Kietzman, but he is kind of a known conspiracy nutter on the airwaves when it comes to the Chiefs. Thinks Andy Reid didn't want Mahomes, lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Marshawn Lynch 31?
Yeah, that was my point. I think Lynch behind a good oline would be nasty a few years back but maybe not so much right now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was my point. I think Lynch behind a good oline would be nasty a few years back but maybe not so much right now.

I could be completely wrong, but Lynch strikes me as the one guy that can miss a season, hang with the Crips, and come back and just not miss a beat...Doesnt strike me as a dude that needs to be in the gym, working his ass off....Dont know why, and again I could be wrong, just one of those unique freaks

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that their running game is productive no matter who is back there. I am surprised there is so much uncertainty.
Once Spencer Ware got his concussion (and the rookie LG also tore his ACL the same week) the running game completely collapsed from then on. More disturbing this was the 2nd year in a row where Ware had a tremendous start only to have injuries derail his season; for a bruiser that's an alarm bell you shouldn't ignore. West exposed himself as a 3rd down back. Kareem Hunt keeps Ware on a pitch count and hopefully contributes on his own. The runblocking from the Mitch Morse and whoever is at LG just simply has to be better. This was an excellent runblocking unit in 2013, 14, and 15 even if they couldn't passpro worth shit.

If and when Ware is actually healthy, he's pretty darn good. Didn't get 1300+ scrimmage yards by being a bum, but the Chiefs need more out of the RB's and interior runblockers.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except he missed PLENTY of beats the last season and a half he played, and had trouble with his back specifically

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair not too many teams can afford injuries.

EliteEliNYG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you think OBJ will be a distraction to the Giants. Having Marshall takes the pressure off of OBJ and for that I think he will have another great season. If our defense plays at a high level again we can win the division.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are expecting too much from Brandon Marshall . He's been pretty average 2 of the last 3 years and he's 33 years old. It's a good pick up for a number 3 receiver but he's not going to make up for the lack of run game. Ultimately the Giants are going to need to get some production from that position .