• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First leg of the 2021 Confed Cup qualification is placed on a silver platter for the US. US Soccer must capitalize on these moments evolve the program.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts to ponder:

1) Jamaica beat our A-team 2 years ago to get to the Final. With our tendency to brain fart in this tournament nothing is certain.
2) None of the countries fielded a true A-team, including Jamaica.
3) Mexico would have been better served by missing the 2014 World Cup and blowing up their entire system. Instead it's more of the same. Their system is a disaster.
4) With "puto" chants continuing, it's time for Mexico to play a couple of big games in front of empty stadiums. Doesn't bother me, but I'd love to LOL at their fans.
5) I still think Landon Donovan buries that winner against Belgium if he's in there instead of Wondolowski.
6) CONCACAF is dragging down both the US and Mexico.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what game were you watching? Dude almost gave up the opening goal within what 3 minutes of the game with the back-pass that barely made it tot he keeper, poor passing. Even one of the commentators (can't remember who) said he didn't have a good game

lol, i think you are getting Matt Hedges confused with Eric Lichaj. Lichaj is the one that made the bad back pass to Howard, not Hedges. Hedges quietly had a solid game against El Salvador. He and Gonzalez actually looked pretty decent in that game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i think you are getting Matt Hedges confused with Eric Lichaj. Lichaj is the one that made the bad back pass to Howard, not Hedges. Hedges quietly had a solid game against El Salvador. He and Gonzalez actually looked pretty decent in that game.

I do remember the commentators not being happy with Hedges and I could have sworn it was him who did that back pass, but I guess not.

Then again the entire back-line was suspect at best that game... They started off great (first 5 or so minutes) then seemed to fall asleep and the US really should have lost that game

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with what you guys were saying about Arriola. I just don't get him right now. He was OK Saturday, but I don't see why he was started and he didn't do anything to say he needs to be out there. I'd rather see McCarty or Zardes. I think Morris earned the start again, but would like to see how Agudelo does with these guys too if Dempsey is going to come off the bench late again.

Nagbe becoming one of my favorite players. just makes things happen and plays with the ball in the open field better than any of these guys.

Agudelo's first touch is absolutely horrible. No thanks.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts to ponder:

1) Jamaica beat our A-team 2 years ago to get to the Final. With our tendency to brain fart in this tournament nothing is certain.
2) None of the countries fielded a true A-team, including Jamaica.
3) Mexico would have been better served by missing the 2014 World Cup and blowing up their entire system. Instead it's more of the same. Their system is a disaster.
4) With "puto" chants continuing, it's time for Mexico to play a couple of big games in front of empty stadiums. Doesn't bother me, but I'd love to LOL at their fans.
5) I still think Landon Donovan buries that winner against Belgium if he's in there instead of Wondolowski.
6) CONCACAF is dragging down both the US and Mexico.

Fuck Chris Wonolowski.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember the commentators not being happy with Hedges and I could have sworn it was him who did that back pass, but I guess not.

Then again the entire back-line was suspect at best that game... They started off great (first 5 or so minutes) then seemed to fall asleep and the US really should have lost that game

I'm a big Dallas FC fan, so i'm happy to see Hedges, Acosta and Gonzalez getting their shot at first team caps. Gonzalez will learn alot from Howard this summer and quite possible next summer. Hedges will be the CB that Gooch never could be.

Fuck Chris Wonolowski.

x2

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I mean by MLS hack is just about every player currently on the Gold Cup Roster (not included on the A Team roster). I think Dempsey is an upgrade over any of those players. Ultimately, we are agreeing.

I did not know you were referring to Wood (and I agree with you) as he plays on a international club and was not eligible to be placed on the Gold Cup roster in light of this. So my thinking was in terms of who was the best option on the Gold Cup roster.

As for Dempsey, he has lost a step. You are right. We can agree to disagree on his assist. It was world class ofor US soccer standards and certainly for the likes of the group stage gold cup roster.

what does playing for an international club have to do with anything regarding the Gold Cup roster?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Dallas FC fan, so i'm happy to see Hedges, Acosta and Gonzalez getting their shot at first team caps. Gonzalez will learn alot from Howard this summer and quite possible next summer. Hedges will be the CB that Gooch never could be.

x2

Gonzalez is average at best. Dude gets caught ball watching and tried to give up at least two goals against Costa Rica.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez is average at best. Dude gets caught ball watching and tried to give up at least two goals against Costa Rica.

Not Omar, bro...the young goalie from FC Dallas that recently switched from being Mexican to American. He's an upgrade over Guzan, I think, and will benefit from camp with Timmy. I'm all for Howard being our keeper in Russia if we make it, but Jessie Gonzalez will likely be our next US keeper with a career like Keller, Friedel and Howard

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Omar, bro...the young goalie from FC Dallas that recently switched from being Mexican to American. He's an upgrade over Guzan, I think, and will benefit from camp with Timmy. I'm all for Howard being our keeper in Russia if we make it, but Jessie Gonzalez will likely be our next US keeper with a career like Keller, Friedel and Howard
Guzan is awful. That goal he allowed against Martinique should seal his USMNT career. Just fucking horrendous.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does playing for an international club have to do with anything regarding the Gold Cup roster?

I know you enjoy playing this board room shtick, but I'll bite anyway:
European players were not available for Gold Cup roster consideration in light of the season schedule in Europe.

You're an asshat.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you enjoy playing this board room shtick, but I'll bite anyway:
European players were not available for Gold Cup roster consideration in light of the season schedule in Europe.

You're an asshat.

fuck you, dummy.

eric lichaj plays in Europe...he's available.

matt miazga plays in Europe...he's available, too.

would you like to revise your answer?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team made perfectly clear why some of our better players were not on the roster. It was because they played in Europe and they needed time off. I think he misspoke when he said they weren't "eligible" but his point was accurate. Yes, they technically were eligible, but the reason they aren't here is 100% because they play in Europe.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1