• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO is the most level playing field for Nebraska. Those kids have already left home. They've gotten over the homesickness phase.

This staff doesn't like JUCO players for some reason. Really thought we'd give a JUCO WR a go after Grimm left, but apparently not.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff doesn't like JUCO players for some reason. Really thought we'd give a JUCO WR a go after Grimm left, but apparently not.

I don't like quick fixes and prefer building blocks as much as the next guy, but even elite programs will take a flier on a JUCO.

I'm not saying go all Bill Snyder bananas about it, but one or two per class would be great. They don't seem to have the connections.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like quick fixes and prefer building blocks as much as the next guy, but even elite programs will take a flier on a JUCO.

I'm not saying go all Bill Snyder bananas about it, but one or two per class would be great. They don't seem to have the connections.

They went after JUCOs at Oregon State but they think they can get the 5-star guys at Nebraska. So far they've whiffed.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went after JUCOs at Oregon State but they think they can get the 5-star guys at Nebraska. So far they've whiffed.

I think they forgot you can't get blown out on national TV and maybe win at least one game of consequence.

Success breeds success. We're always right there, but can't get over the hump.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bo brought in too many jucos , riles doesn't do enough

hopefully Frost get it just right

Bo screwed us hard with the '13, '14 classes.

So many misses.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's staff never even had plan B's a lot of the time. They just wouldn't sign anybody.

Riley's staff is supposedly much more organized.

I dunno if I'm in love with the whole "absolutely NO Jucos" deal.

I was just thinking today about how it would be nice to go after another Lavonte or Gregory type. We have had success bringing in bluechip JUCO players.

Those players fly under the radar all the time. A place like Nebraska is perfect for those dudes.

Still though, they serve as a temporary solution. Like I said the other day, we need to be getting at least ten 4-star recruits a year. History shows top 10 teams come from top 10 recruiting classes......and top 10 recruiting classes have double digit 4-star recruits.

We're not even that far from it. We just have to find a way to close the tiny gap where we get like 6 of those players every year as opposed to 10.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bo brought in too many jucos , riles doesn't do enough

hopefully Frost get it just right

Frost would have been perfect timing this time around, but I'll bet you anything if Riley fails and we start looking elsewhere, the next step will be looking for a proven coach with a track record.

Frost will look to be too much of a gamble. I'd still like to try him, but I'll bet if Riley doesn't work out we'll go to the extreme this time.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LD was an accident, we wanted Yoshi and David came with as a package deal, did that ever work out or what

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost would have been perfect timing this time around, but I'll bet you anything if Riley fails and we start looking elsewhere, the next step will be looking for a proven coach with a track record.

Frost will look to be too much of a gamble. I'd still like to try him, but I'll bet if Riley doesn't work out we'll go to the extreme this time.

What if UCF wins 12 games or something next couple years

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Frost completely turns around that program here over the next couple of years, I don't give a shit if Riley is still getting 9 wins or not......fire the poor inocent old bastard and get young Prince Charming in here asap.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we better be all over that

I still think a spread option offense which leans on the run with multiple tempos is the best for Nebraska.

Really been disappointed with the run game when you take Tommy out of the equation and I don't see it getting markedly better any time soon.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Frost completely turns around that program here over the next couple of years, I don't give a shit if Riley is still getting 9 wins or not......fire the poor inocent old bastard and get young Prince Charming in here asap.

I still get the feeling he hates us all.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I love Mike Riley. He's a good man.

But this is a business. We must win in this business to succeed. 9 wins and a couple of wet dreams here and there aren't going to cut it anymore.

9 wins back when we played 11 games a year was impressive. Not anymore.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hi-res-1399178_crop_north.jpg