• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the hard work all year, @Footballnut.

Pretty happy with how this shook out. Obviously we would have liked to get a couple more of those guys that ended up at USC and Oregon, but really with as small as next year year's class is going to be, I am not as upset about the leftover scholarships as some. We have some serious inroads and connections with some of the top '18 guys, so having the ability to take more of them is better than picking up a couple lesser guys this year.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the kind words... I love doing it... gonna post my own rankings in a bit... reviewing some film

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take my rankings with a grain of salt.. I posted them

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take my rankings with a grain of salt.. I posted them
I like your list...there were a couple times I was thinking that you had someone over someone else that I disagreed with, but your ranking numbers are so close together that it is close to a coin flip. I think that just shows how deep this class is. Also, does 247 really have Walker as our highest rated OT? That really goes against the grain.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Footballnut I know it's been said a bunch, but on behalf of the whole board, GREAT job putting all this together.

I did the same thing here back in the day and it can be painstaking and tedious, but it's actually a lot of fun and the big payoff is knowin' you kept your SportsHoopla boys in the loop. Bravo sir.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's that...I guess

"Big Ten West. It's no surprise that there's a massive disparity in recruiting in the Big Ten between its two divisions, but the final results in 2017 reinforce it. The Big Ten's top four classes belong to the Buckeyes, Wolverines, Nittany Lions and Terrapins out of the East. The only team from the West better than 40th nationally is Nebraska, which did a solid job at No. 22 (with a class that includes the sons of both Keyshawn Johnson and Les Miles). Of the conference's 77 blue-chip commitments, only nine signed with teams in the West, five of which chose the Cornhuskers. Ohio State and Michigan combined for 40."

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta beat the West before we can beat the rest

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's that...I guess

"Big Ten West. It's no surprise that there's a massive disparity in recruiting in the Big Ten between its two divisions, but the final results in 2017 reinforce it. The Big Ten's top four classes belong to the Buckeyes, Wolverines, Nittany Lions and Terrapins out of the East. The only team from the West better than 40th nationally is Nebraska, which did a solid job at No. 22 (with a class that includes the sons of both Keyshawn Johnson and Les Miles). Of the conference's 77 blue-chip commitments, only nine signed with teams in the West, five of which chose the Cornhuskers. Ohio State and Michigan combined for 40."

Wisconsin had three players receive 4 star bumps literally days before signing day. Pretty much unheard of. They have as many 4 stars as Nebraska does now on 247.

They'll be around 30 now.

My opinion? 247 is just covering their own ass because Wiscy's production never reflects their classes.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland lost a 4-star RB to UCF the day after signing day so Nebraska moved up one spot in the 247Sports team rankings. All other positions stayed the same on other sites though. Nebraska finished no lower than 23rd on any platform... highest ranking was by Scout at 18th.

Also CBS Sports partnered with 247Sports last year and purchased Scout going into this year as well. Going to be interesting to see what they do with that.