• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 BUST LEAGUE

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who dropped out, slow or online draft

actually, nobody dropped out... But if everyone wants to, we could have more owners... there is no reason that we HAVE to stay at 8...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't care for any of these "fixes", a huge part of guessing who's going to be a bust is taking into account those who perennially miss time due to injury, QB's included.

Not behind any possible fixes, as there is quite literally, nothing to fix.

I disagree.

In year 1 the eventual winner (Chef I think) had multiple injuries to his best players. Many of those guys were not injury prone. They just got hurt anyway.

There are some players who have more injury risk than other. Those usually go pretty early in this draft. The teams that do best in the playoffs often have injuries to their best players (last picks) who are not injury prone guys. That is based on nothing but luck.

For example, if Jamal Charles were to fall into my lap as a late pick, I don't think I should benefit from a situation like that as much as an owner who had the foresight to draft a player that truly struggled, like Gurley. Charles wasn't any more high risk than guys like McCoy, he just happened to get hurt.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

In year 1 the eventual winner (Chef I think) had multiple injuries to his best players. Many of those guys were not injury prone. They just got hurt anyway.

There are some players who have more injury risk than other. Those usually go pretty early in this draft. The teams that do best in the playoffs often have injuries to their best players (last picks) who are not injury prone guys. That is based on nothing but luck.

For example, if Jamal Charles were to fall into my lap as a late pick, I don't think I should benefit from a situation like that as much as an owner who had the foresight to draft a player that truly struggled, like Gurley. Charles wasn't any more high risk than guys like McCoy, he just happened to get hurt.
Well, if a guy happens to get hurt, he's just as much of a bust as a guy one would assume is going to get hurt, i completely fail to see a difference. Either the player is a fantasy asset, or he isn't, the reason why is insignifigant.

I'll accept whatever changes and what not, but i think the entire process is being SEVERELY overthought

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if a guy happens to get hurt, he's just as much of a bust as a guy one would assume is going to get hurt, i completely fail to see a difference. Either the player is a fantasy asset, or he isn't, the reason why is insignifigant.

I'll accept whatever changes and what not, but i think the entire process is being SEVERELY overthought

I just don't like any league where the winner is determined largely by luck. In a draft and forget league with no bench, the team that starts 7 zeroes in December is probably going to beat the team that was consistently bad all year but healthy at the wrong time.

Simply doing away with the head to head aspect of this league might be enough of a change. Since it is draft and forget, I am not sure what the head to head aspect really brings to the table anyway.

Fewest total points from week 1-16 is the champ. No playoff

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like any league where the winner is determined largely by luck. In a draft and forget league with no bench, the team that starts 7 zeroes in December is probably going to beat the team that was consistently bad all year but healthy at the wrong time.

Simply doing away with the head to head aspect of this league might be enough of a change. Since it is draft and forget, I am not sure what the head to head aspect really brings to the table anyway.

im not in this league but yeah, if u have injuries u win, period

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you on the fantasy asset thing. Also like you I'm going to roll with whatever on the rule changes, not going be thrilled about it though. Thought it was fun as is and maybe it will continue to be fun with changes IDK.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the fantasy asset thing. Also like you I'm going to roll with whatever on the rule changes, not going be thrilled about it though. Thought it was fun as is and maybe it will continue to be fun with changes IDK.

dont worry, i dont plan on making dramatic changes(if we change things at all)... the only solutions, i am thinking about are to use TEAM QB and/or exaggerate the BAD games more by changing the point system a little...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the original intent was not to be head to head... But wil white suggested it, and we all agreed that it would be fun... I do agree that it hurts the integrity of the game, but we sacrificed that for fun...

BUT the playoffs is only the finals, so the best teams are more likely to be in the finals than in typical fantasy leagues...

But if we do end the H2H, then we can invite Steelers in without needing to find another owner... IF thats what you all want to do...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't change on me i thought u needed a guy, and well sometimes i'm that guy

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the original intent was not to be head to head... But wil white suggested it, and we all agreed that it would be fun... I do agree that it hurts the integrity of the game, but we sacrificed that for fun...

BUT the playoffs is only the finals, so the best teams are more likely to be in the finals than in typical fantasy leagues...

But if we do end the H2H, then we can invite Steelers in without needing to find another owner... IF thats what you all want to do...

I would vote yes to that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since H2H really seems to have no relevance in this league, I'm fine with it as well. And since Steelers admittedly knows squat about baseball but has consistently put up a decent team in our 'set it forget it' league, I'd love to see how he does here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since H2H really seems to have no relevance in this league, I'm fine with it as well. And since Steelers admittedly knows squat about baseball but has consistently put up a decent team in our 'set it forget it' league, I'd love to see how he does here.
lol

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players get injured they get injured is my opinion. It would hurt you in a normal fantasy league so why shouldn't it help you here?

Last season final point totals with playoffs added

1137.4 Tlance
1154.4 OBX
1172.3 Treff
1285.9 Molsan
1396.6 Harold
1398.8 Milk
1455.2 Chef
1470.7 Smitty

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players get injured they get injured is my opinion. It would hurt you in a normal fantasy league so why shouldn't it help you here?

Last season final point totals with playoffs added

1137.4 Tlance
1154.4 OBX
1172.3 Treff
1285.9 Molsan
1396.6 Harold
1398.8 Milk
1455.2 Chef
1470.7 Smitty
Pretty sure you guys played this league backwards last year.