• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 BUST LEAGUE

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doing the confirmation post early this season as we had some unexpected turnover in other leagues this year...

and we can discuss potential rule changes as we had some owners questioning the definition of what is a bust season

Last year owners

@HaroldSeattle ,@broncosmitty , @molsaniceman , @obxyankeefan , @TREFF , @tlance , @Chef99

Last year we had 8 owners, more owners is also a potential discussion...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in:suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bizarro Superman say no, so that mean yes.

I will have the biggest bust ever.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in.

Have to defend my title of sucking.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, @tlance brought up that this league is too dependent on injuries... Does anyone have any ideas to fix this??

Does it need to be fixed??

My reservation about adding bench player(s) are that it takes away from the draft and forget aspect of this league. and by adding bench players we will need to increase the player pool, which ultimately will allow us to draft players more likely to bust...

I really don't think WRs and RBs are a problem, since we own so many of them... I think it is QBs that are what tips the scale... I am thinking the best potential solution is to make it TEAM QB... but does that take away from predicting the individual bust??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the best potential solution is to make it TEAM QB

What exactly does this mean? And yeah, I'm kinda waffling on my bench position...although I think maybe one bench or IR spot would make more things interesting.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly does this mean? And yeah, I'm kinda waffling on my bench position...although I think maybe one bench or IR spot would make more things interesting.

instead of owning Andrew luck, you would own the COLTS QB... so if luck goes down, you still have a QB

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
instead of owning Andrew luck, you would own the COLTS QB... so if luck goes down, you still have a QB

Bizarro Superman hate that.

Sounds fine to me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, @tlance brought up that this league is too dependent on injuries... Does anyone have any ideas to fix this??

My reservation about adding bench player(s) are that it takes away from the draft and forget aspect of this league. and by adding bench players we will need to increase the player pool, which ultimately will allow us to draft players more likely to bust...

I really don't think WRs and RBs are a problem, since we own so many of them... I think it is QBs that are what tips the scale... I am thinking the best potential solution is to make it TEAM QB... but does that take away from predicting the individual bust??

Fix is easy.

If a player is injured, they score 50% of their weekly average for any games they are inactive.

Obviously if they are out week 1, they still get zero. I just don't like that playoff gameS are decided by who has more zeros. It takes some of the blind luck out of the equation.

The owner of the injured player still benefits from the injury because point totals are depressed, but it gives the owner with the healthier, crappier team a chance.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Team QB is fine, but I think the QB impact is overstated. What kills me is when your weekly opponent has half their lineup on the inactive list. No matter how good or bad, 1 inactive QB isn't enough to single handedly tip the scales.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't care for any of these "fixes", a huge part of guessing who's going to be a bust is taking into account those who perennially miss time due to injury, QB's included.

Not behind any possible fixes, as there is quite literally, nothing to fix.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix is easy.

If a player is injured, they score 50% of their weekly average for any games they are inactive.

Obviously if they are out week 1, they still get zero. I just don't like that playoff gameS are decided by who has more zeros. It takes some of the blind luck out of the equation.

The owner of the injured player still benefits from the injury because point totals are depressed, but it gives the owner with the healthier, crappier team a chance.

Team QB is fine, but I think the QB impact is overstated. What kills me is when your weekly opponent has half their lineup on the inactive list. No matter how good or bad, 1 inactive QB isn't enough to single handedly tip the scales.

don't care for any of these "fixes", a huge part of guessing who's going to be a bust is taking into account those who perennially miss time due to injury, QB's included.

Not behind any possible fixes, as there is quite literally, nothing to fix.

actually, what I am thinking is to limit the points up to a certain amount of yards, and then after that the points are accrued faster...

Maybe for receiving and rushing 0-50 can be -.05 per yard, and then 51-100 can be -1 point per yard and over 100 can be more...

what this does is reward you more for having a true bust player, they will now score closer to someone not playing...