• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it was a bad feed. Nobody made Iglesias throw the ball away and the game.

That said, e'rybody knows I don't like #1.

That's Iglesias in a nutshell. Makes spectacular play, then muffs an easy one.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember. It dont mean nuttin...
Iffy said most important position for tigers....is C.F.. nuttin else matters.. tell us again iffy...BAHHHHWAAAA

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is this team 8-6? I guess 13 straight games with a home run to open the season can mask what has really NOT been a good team, despite the record.

Tigers_thru_April19.jpg

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell is this team 8-6? I guess 13 straight games with a home run to open the season can mask what has really NOT been a good team, despite the record.

View attachment 158305

You for got a -14 run differential lowest in the AL Central

These guys are shitty

Right now, the Indians and every other team in the AL Central is downwind from them ... so, the stink from our being shitty is being passed along to the rest of the division.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Iglesias in a nutshell. Makes spectacular play, then muffs an easy one.

It's funny. The comment section in the Freep is all about Frankie allowing a couple of base runners. That wasn't good and I'm not his biggest fan, but that happens... closers allow base runners. Iggy's getting a pass from people. It was a routine play. Any halfway decent shortstop makes that play 9 out of 10 times.. and not only didn't he make it, but he unnecessarily threw the ball away allowing the winning run to score. It should have been game over, Tigers W.

Billythekid

I'LL MAKE YA FAMOUS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You for got a -14 run differential lowest in the AL Central

Right now, the Indians and every other team in the AL Central is downwind from them ... so, the stink from our being shitty is being passed along to the rest of the division.
2.5 games?

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hate to be a downer when the Tigers are in first, yes. But the fact is, their shitty play has been masked by them hitting 18 home runs in 14 games. That pace won't continue, so the other areas (pitching, defense, hitting for contact) need to really shape up.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. The comment section in the Freep is all about Frankie allowing a couple of base runners. That wasn't good and I'm not his biggest fan, but that happens... closers allow base runners. Iggy's getting a pass from people. It was a routine play. Any halfway decent shortstop makes that play 9 out of 10 times.. and not only didn't he make it, but he unnecessarily threw the ball away allowing the winning run to score. It should have been game over, Tigers W.

Defense was atrocious early and late. 3 of the 10 hits Zimmermann allowed were garbage -- two pop flies that Jones needed to take charge on and a bunt that Castellanos hoped would go foul but didn't. Then the clown show in the 9th.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to be a downer when the Tigers are in first, yes. But the fact is, their shitty play has been masked by them hitting 18 home runs in 14 games. That pace won't continue, so the other areas (pitching, defense, hitting for contact) need to really shape up.

No question ... the Tigers have been lucky. I'll take lucky.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question ... the Tigers have been lucky. I'll take lucky.

And as "lucky" as they've been, I really feel like they should be 10-4. Bullpen blew a game against Boston by allowing 5 runs in an inning, and last night is a win if a routine double-play is turned.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That failure at the end wasn't even the worst defense of the night from the team.

Our centerfielder that isn't a centerfielder earned that award.

I just hope they don't trade Miggy or JV before Avila gets fired. God only knows what useless garbage he'd get in return.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lucky" does not hold up for long. Pitching usually tells the team's story over a good period of time. Detroit's pitching has been bad...the bullpen awful, the starting pitching erratic. The hitting has been below what was hoped for....largely due to slow starts from #3,4,5
The hitting will come around...there will be holes...but it will win games. I don't think the pitching will ever amount to much. Bullpen will suck unless Tigers spend and Avila suddenly turns into Superman as a trade wizard. Zimmermann is shifting from a top of the rotation starter to closer to the bottom. Fulmer will be solid, but will slip some from last year. I still think Norris and Boyd are bottom of the rotation types....I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just going off their careers up until now. As for Verlander? I feel the guy is walking a tightrope....not sure where he will land.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bauer almost falls on his, mid pitch, with the bases loaded. Balked in a run for the Twins. I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before.