• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Offseason Thread

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles have reached out to impending free agents Chris Tillman and Wade Miley to explore the possibility of retaining them on incentive-laden one-year contracts, reports Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun. MASNsports.com’s Roch Kubatko wrote earlier this morning that such an agreement with Miley seems unlikely and suggests that their talks may not have been especially recent. Talks with each free-agent-to-be are characterized as “preliminary” by Encina, if not “procedural.” Still, the Orioles need to add at least two arms this offseason, so even early talks with a pair of potentially outgoing rotation members are at least notable.

Neither of them PLEASE!!!!!!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles have reached out to impending free agents Chris Tillman and Wade Miley to explore the possibility of retaining them on incentive-laden one-year contracts, reports Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun. MASNsports.com’s Roch Kubatko wrote earlier this morning that such an agreement with Miley seems unlikely and suggests that their talks may not have been especially recent. Talks with each free-agent-to-be are characterized as “preliminary” by Encina, if not “procedural.” Still, the Orioles need to add at least two arms this offseason, so even early talks with a pair of potentially outgoing rotation members are at least notable.

Neither of them PLEASE!!!!!!!
Tillman has at least shown flashes of being a solid pitcher. Miley is a guy that I was hoping that we were rid of as he never really did much of anything in his year plus here.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sisco come on down

I agree Sisco and Joseph works for me.

They should be spending all of their money this offseason on pitching. My line up would be;

RF Hays
CF Jones
3rd Manny
LF Trey
2nd Schoop
1st Davis
SS Beckham
DH Trumbo
C Sisco/Joseph

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sisco and Joseph works for me.

They should be spending all of their money this offseason on pitching. My line up would be;

RF Hays
CF Jones
3rd Manny
LF Trey
2nd Schoop
1st Davis
SS Beckham
DH Trumbo
C Sisco/Joseph
Wouldn't surprise me if those guys were the starters. Would like to find someone to take over CF and move Jones over to RF though.
And I wouldn't be opposed to trading Britton and Manny between now and the July trade deadline. I'd like to ultimately see them sign Tillman and a few other guys to one year deals and then bring up some of the guys we got down in the minors the following year.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me if those guys were the starters. Would like to find someone to take over CF and move Jones over to RF though.
And I wouldn't be opposed to trading Britton and Manny between now and the July trade deadline. I'd like to ultimately see them sign Tillman and a few other guys to one year deals and then bring up some of the guys we got down in the minors the following year.

hays is a cf but we have mullins that is thought higher than hays . I see us getting a 5 inning pitchers or two as fa . I would like to see castro as a starter and bring Harvey along slowly and have him for late in the year . tilly would be ok with a high bonus package

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hays is a cf but we have mullins that is thought higher than hays . I see us getting a 5 inning pitchers or two as fa . I would like to see castro as a starter and bring Harvey along slowly and have him for late in the year . tilly would be ok with a high bonus package
I'd like to see the better man win the job. I'd like to see Hayes take the reigns over in CF to see if we could possibly have another Mancini on our hands. Agree about Castro, I don't think we have anything to really lose with trying him out in the rotation since we're not going to be going after any of the bigger named free agents and don't really have a lot ready yet in Norfolk. How much longer does Harvey have before we'd have to either put him on the main roster or expose him to the Rule V draft?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the better man win the job. I'd like to see Hayes take the reigns over in CF to see if we could possibly have another Mancini on our hands. Agree about Castro, I don't think we have anything to really lose with trying him out in the rotation since we're not going to be going after any of the bigger named free agents and don't really have a lot ready yet in Norfolk. How much longer does Harvey have before we'd have to either put him on the main roster or expose him to the Rule V draft?
on Harvey he will be added he was pitching and all his electric stuff was there from tj . he will see the majors next year one way or the other . bundy, gausman and Harvey is 3 good ones . as far as pitching we got to remember the pitchers we let go for little or nothing ! money or trades never understood davies trade for parra

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on Harvey he will be added he was pitching and all his electric stuff was there from tj . he will see the majors next year one way or the other . bundy, gausman and Harvey is 3 good ones . as far as pitching we got to remember the pitchers we let go for little or nothing ! money or trades never understood davies trade for parra
That trade still baffles me. I at least understood giving up Rodriguez for Miller at the time but the Parra move definitely backfired. So 2019 sounds like a good top 3 anyways with Bundy, Gausman and Harvey at the top. And also hope that DL Hall can live up to expectations and get through the minor leagues fairly quickly.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade still baffles me. I at least understood giving up Rodriguez for Miller at the time but the Parra move definitely backfired. So 2019 sounds like a good top 3 anyways with Bundy, Gausman and Harvey at the top. And also hope that DL Hall can live up to expectations and get through the minor leagues fairly quickly.
watch out for wells in 18 if given the chance

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
akin sedlock so other words expect one to pop up . I only want 1 year deals at a price they are willing to eat .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch out for wells in 18 if given the chance
If he continues his dominance, it won't take him long to get up to the majors. I'm guessing that Wells is going to be moving on up to Bowie in 2018 or skip there and go straight to Norfolk?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
akin sedlock so other words expect one to pop up . I only want 1 year deals at a price they are willing to eat .
Speaking of eating contracts, I wish there was a way we can do that with Davis'. I would've liked to have seen Washington get more playing time to see what he could do since he had a good season in Norfolk. But we all know that Buck would fight tooth and nail to keep Davis on the roster since he's one of his guys.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues his dominance, it won't take him long to get up to the majors. I'm guessing that Wells is going to be moving on up to Bowie in 2018 or skip there and go straight to Norfolk?
start at high a but if he has control we could use him already . akin is lights out in the afl

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y rameriez 13-5 pick up from Yankees . means and long are 2 to watch next year all at aa . long has also closed some ,

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Britton's value is really low now. Being hurt and not much pitching last season killed his value. We'll have to hope he has a good first few months next year.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Orioles are known to be on the hunt for multiple starting pitchers this offseason — possibly as many as three — and MASNsports.com’s Roch Kubatko writes that the team has “definite” interest in righty Andrew Cashner and southpaw Jason Vargas. GM Dan Duquette has suggested in recent weeks that he’d prefer to add at least one lefty to his rotation, and Vargas would accomplish that goal."

I would be a fan of Cashner, Vargas is nothing great but better than Tillman/Miley.