• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you really think about it, you should want LeBron in LA more than anybody.

Because, whenever the Lakers win, you will be mostly happy. And whenever they lose, you will have somebody to blame it on.

It isn't always a bad thing as a fan to have 1 player on your team that you hate. It is a lot harder to get mad at guys you actually like.

only one eensy problem with that line of thinking...

say IF LeClown comes to the Lakers and they DO start winning who'll get the credit? that's right, LeClown...

and the last thing I want is every LeClown dick-riding sycophant reminding me LeClown saved the Lakers. so I think i'll pass...

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

say IF LeClown comes to the Lakers and they DO start winning who'll get the credit? that's right, LeClown...

and the last thing I want is every LeClown dick-riding sycophant reminding me LeClown saved the Lakers. so I think i'll pass...

You spelled Lebron wrong

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@gordontrue

LeBron James leaves Cleveland again

There is too much smoke, even with Russell Westbrook's mega-extension snuffing one potential superstar cabal in Los Angeles. LeBron could still go there with Paul George, though the Lakers need some high-wire cap gymnastics to open up the requisite $65 million in room. And can LeBron really chase the Warriors with George, Lonzo Ball and whatever flotsam is left after L.A. sheds money?

LeBron still values winning above all else. He wants another title. He needs one to challenge Michael Jordan's GOAT status. The path there with those theoretical Lakers is uncertain.

Put it this way: If you forced me to name which team LeBron is on next season, I'd take the Cavs by a hair over the Lakers. But if you give me Cleveland versus the field, I'm taking the field. LeBron is dominant enough to go anywhere he wants. He could tell almost literally any team, "I'm coming as long you also sign Players X and Y," and that team would make it happen.

Speaking of which: Maybe we should take the Houston threat more seriously. Harden is locked up. Paul is there. Getting off Eric Gordon is easy. Snag a pick in the process, and dumping the Ryan Anderson albatross -- the one that cost them the official Team Banana Boat photographer -- becomes feasible. Trade and renounce everyone else, including potentially Paul for cap purposes, and they are close enough to the double-max for Paul and LeBron that the Texas income tax edge might come into play.

Sound crazy? So did everything that happened this summer. The league's best players have the clout to make anything happen.

(I have no idea where LeBron is going. Nobody does.)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue

LeBron James leaves Cleveland again

There is too much smoke, even with Russell Westbrook's mega-extension snuffing one potential superstar cabal in Los Angeles. LeBron could still go there with Paul George, though the Lakers need some high-wire cap gymnastics to open up the requisite $65 million in room. And can LeBron really chase the Warriors with George, Lonzo Ball and whatever flotsam is left after L.A. sheds money?

LeBron still values winning above all else. He wants another title. He needs one to challenge Michael Jordan's GOAT status. The path there with those theoretical Lakers is uncertain.

Put it this way: If you forced me to name which team LeBron is on next season, I'd take the Cavs by a hair over the Lakers. But if you give me Cleveland versus the field, I'm taking the field. LeBron is dominant enough to go anywhere he wants. He could tell almost literally any team, "I'm coming as long you also sign Players X and Y," and that team would make it happen.

Speaking of which: Maybe we should take the Houston threat more seriously. Harden is locked up. Paul is there. Getting off Eric Gordon is easy. Snag a pick in the process, and dumping the Ryan Anderson albatross -- the one that cost them the official Team Banana Boat photographer -- becomes feasible. Trade and renounce everyone else, including potentially Paul for cap purposes, and they are close enough to the double-max for Paul and LeBron that the Texas income tax edge might come into play.

Sound crazy? So did everything that happened this summer. The league's best players have the clout to make anything happen.

(I have no idea where LeBron is going. Nobody does.)

Yeah, I read it. I just think the "there is too much smoke" is bad reasoning. There is ALWAYS smoke surrounding LeBron's free agency, and most of it is media-driven.

Lowe talks about the fact that LeBron values winning above all else... That is what makes me think its more likely that he stays. Its hard for me to come up with a realistic scenario where LeBron leaves the Cavs and his chances at winning the 2019 title don't take a hit.

But hey, you never know... crazier things have happened.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Draymond, you talk shit while surrounded by great players lol. He should never whine to the refs, life is easy

Off-season's been too quiet. You need someone to stir the pot. Draymond the GOAT.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read it. I just think the "there is too much smoke" is bad reasoning. There is ALWAYS smoke surrounding LeBron's free agency, and most of it is media-driven.

Lowe talks about the fact that LeBron values winning above all else... That is what makes me think its more likely that he stays. Its hard for me to come up with a realistic scenario where LeBron leaves the Cavs and his chances at winning the 2019 title don't take a hit.

But hey, you never know... crazier things have happened.

Although true, the fact that Sheridan said Lebron's done in Cleveland (same guy who broke Lebron leaving Miami bc of sources likely in SI) is the big one for me.

Plus, Lebron may be looking for a change. Getting a title with 3 different franchises would be something that no one else who consistently shows up in everyone's top 10 all-time has done or close to have done. If Lebron were to go to the Spurs (I think that's his best choice, but won't happen) or the Lakers (resurrect a dormant giant) then that gives him something pretty impressive that could compare him to Jordan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way man!

Credit will obviously go to Magic and Lonzo Ball.

Lavar wouldn't have it any other way.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh...:scratch:

L-e-C-l-o-w-n...

fairly certain i got it...:D

I actually have several concerns that causes me to apprehensive about the Lakers getting the LeJoker

1. He will be 33 years old by the time his first season with the Lakers would start and most players will play good one season and then come into a new season and nothing in the tank because their body got old, so we could easily end up with a 33 year old that has suddenly declined.

2. The dude only signs one or two years at a time and will without any doubt be looking for 40 million a year. I am opposed to any free agent that displaces our current roster of young and exciting talent.

If a deal with the dude can be a short two year deal for the times it takes to finish developing our talent and then leaves when they are ready to play on their own, and that can result in a championship - That should be a priority really.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are in advance talks with the Hawks to trade Jefferson and Felder to Atlanta.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks would waive both players.....:lol:

DJ