• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 EPL Season Thread

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. But I've said it before and will keep saying ti, Arsenal's problem hasn't been going forward/scoring, it's that they have no spine. If you look at the "Invincibles" squad, yes they had Henry, Bergkamp, Pires etc. But the difference was they had guys like Viera, Lauren, Silva, Campbell etc down the middle in defense and midfield.

I look for announcements the next few days, I think Ozil ends up in Italy or back in Germany. Sanchez is tough to say, he could go to Man City, Man United, or going by recent reports Liverpool, but he could also end up in Italy or Germany.

Wherever they go, Arsenal need to let them go and get some kind of return for them because it doesn't seem likely they will re-sign to new deals.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wherever they go, Arsenal need to let them go and get some kind of return for them because it doesn't seem likely they will re-sign to new deals.
I can't for the life of me figure out why (especially in the case of Sanchez) they didn't sell last summer or even before when they could have gotten HUGE amounts for them. They COULD sell them now, but at the same time, teams may just say, why pay 40-50 million or more now, when we can just wait 4-5 months and get him on a free? Teams like PSG or ManCity may pay that since they have bottomless pockets, but others like Juve, Bayern, etc who COULD pay it, won't as they run their clubs like a proper business.

Wenger has really screwed the pooch on their contract negotiations.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't for the life of me figure out why (especially in the case of Sanchez) they didn't sell last summer or even before when they could have gotten HUGE amounts for them. They COULD sell them now, but at the same time, teams may just say, why pay 40-50 million or more now, when we can just wait 4-5 months and get him on a free? Teams like PSG or ManCity may pay that since they have bottomless pockets, but others like Juve, Bayern, etc who COULD pay it, won't as they run their clubs like a proper business.

Wenger has really screwed the pooch on their contract negotiations.

Agree wholeheartedly.

As a fan, I would have been loathe to let them go in the summer. I suppose if they were really in great form in the first half of the year and were contending for the league title, it would have looked like a shrewd move and there would be a decent chance of re-upping them. Now though, it seems unlikely that they will earn a champions league spot, let alone contend for the league title...and they're out of the FA cup race too, so there's not even that carrot to dangle anymore.

But, being a Spurs supporter, I don't feel too bad for Arsenal. We have our own potential summer contract issues to secure.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree wholeheartedly.

As a fan, I would have been loathe to let them go in the summer. I suppose if they were really in great form in the first half of the year and were contending for the league title, it would have looked like a shrewd move and there would be a decent chance of re-upping them. Now though, it seems unlikely that they will earn a champions league spot, let alone contend for the league title...and they're out of the FA cup race too, so there's not even that carrot to dangle anymore.

But, being a Spurs supporter, I don't feel too bad for Arsenal. We have our own potential summer contract issues to secure.

That, and let's be honest. As much as he may want to stay, and as much as Spurs may want to keep him, it's just a matter of time before a team like Man City, PSG, Real, Barca etc come for Kane with an offer too big to pass up (kind of like with Bale). I also think that at some point, someone is going to snag Pochettino, maybe not an EPL team, but I can certainly see one of the Spanish or Italian teams coming for him.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, and let's be honest. As much as he may want to stay, and as much as Spurs may want to keep him, it's just a matter of time before a team like Man City, PSG, Real, Barca etc come for Kane with an offer too big to pass up (kind of like with Bale). I also think that at some point, someone is going to snag Pochettino, maybe not an EPL team, but I can certainly see one of the Spanish or Italian teams coming for him.

It all hinges on the new stadium and how they will be able to compete/pay going forward. I'm under no illusions that they will suddenly be able to competitively challenge the massive clubs of the world in terms of pay. But, with all the new revenue the new stadium should provide the club, they should be able to be somewhat competitive...at least on the level of the 2nd tier of clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal.

I think Kane is somewhat unique in that he's happy with the club and, all things remaining equal, would prefer to stay. But, in order for him to stay, Spurs will have to start winning titles. Given that they've had no true home field this season, a top 4 spot would be a pretty large achievement, and with the new stadium coming next year, that might be enough to keep Kane on for one more go. Next year may be his last in a Spurs kit tho...especially if they fail to win any hardware.

Poch is great. I honestly think he will stick around for quite some time still. He's built the foundations of a winning program and I think he wants to be around to see it fully developed. But, as with anything, that depends on the ongoing relationship he has with the club. So far it's been really good, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does Wenger still have a job? They will likely get knocked out of Europa League by a very good Ostersund team from Sweden. They already got bounced from FA cup, the EPL top 4 is slipping away. Wenger needs to go.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does Wenger still have a job? They will likely get knocked out of Europa League by a very good Ostersund team from Sweden. They already got bounced from FA cup, the EPL top 4 is slipping away. Wenger needs to go.

Europa League may be Arsenal's only chance at a champion's league berth for next season.

If they lose Sanchez and Ozil, they might as well sack Wenger as well and start completely new.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Europa League may be Arsenal's only chance at a champion's league berth for next season.

If they lose Sanchez and Ozil, they might as well sack Wenger as well and start completely new.
Kronke has proven time and again with all the sports teas he owns, he doesn't care about winning championships, only his bottom line.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official. Alexis Sanchez to Man United, Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Arsenal.

Will Aubameyang follow?

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was from last year but I still think it is accurate.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @bksballer89

Liverpool just gave up 2 goals in the first 11 minutes, to a team that is in 19th place and has scored less than 20 premier league goals this season.

:L

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ope, Now it’s 1-3 West fucking Brom Albion

:L

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woooooooooo VAR, our best defense in the game. NO GOAL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know they use VAR in FA Cup play

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens. Least it was FA and not league games. Dropping that 3 would have hurt.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sane out for Man City for awhile. As long as he is better by World Cup I am ok....but for Man City with UCL games coming not good.