• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017/18 Regular Season Game Thread

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game...Good for Matt to be back in nets. Well done Penguins.

Lets take the next one against Washington and then the NHL will be on notice that the Pens are back!
The Caps can't be happy the Pens are back in the playoff hunt!!!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it when Malkin wants to show up, he makes this team very hard to beat.

BTW...Letang is still not that good just being masked by the team playing well.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps fans are losing their minds over the loss tonight. They can’t accept that the Caps are the Pens’ bitch.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game last night showed they were not 100% ready on a back to back game.

The disallowed goal killed their momentum and you knew it was over then.

NOTE: Letang is still not good.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game last night showed they were not 100% ready on a back to back game.

The disallowed goal killed their momentum and you knew it was over then.

NOTE: Letang is still not good.
Yep...not awake at all last night. I don't care what anybody says...Maata handling or shooting the puck scares the shit out of me! And yep, Letang still sucks and gets lazy on falling back on D...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley Sheahan is having a really good hockey game. And I love Jamie Oleksiak's game in general. Big man can play. That was a great get.

Sid and Geno really started generating late in the second. Keep that up, and we'll hold onto this lead and beat a very good team.

Nice to see Fleury back in the net in Pittsburgh, though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That stretch of about 15 minutes where everything the Penguins did belonged on a highlight reel was something to watch. The back-to-back shifts where Crosby protected the puck almost himself against all five Golden Knights for like 40 seconds followed by the Malkin line shift culminating in Kessel's goal was especially amazing.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Murray in net...Pens always seem to need 5+ goals to win with Mr Rebound in net...

May Crosby get his 400th Goal tonight!!!

Let's Go Pens! Let's Go Pens! Let's Go Pens!

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow...early morning game. Well done Murray and company. Great to see Sid get off the schnide and gather 400 and 401.

Keep rolling Pens!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray's been very sharp since coming back from bereavement (or whatever the hockey equivalent is). He was phenomenal today. Allen was, too; that game easily could have been a shootout if those two hadn't been as sharp as they were.

Crosby's 400th was definitely a very Crosby goal, too.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray's been very sharp since coming back from bereavement (or whatever the hockey equivalent is). He was phenomenal today. Allen was, too; that game easily could have been a shootout if those two hadn't been as sharp as they were.

Crosby's 400th was definitely a very Crosby goal, too.
I am not a Murray fan. Dude is a rebound machine and the Pens need to score 5 goals/game with him in net to win...He's given up 15 goals in his 5 games back 4 in 3 of those... 40% of the games, he's good, 60^ of the games...not so much....

Great win yesterday!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Murray fan. Dude is a rebound machine and the Pens need to score 5 goals/game with him in net to win...He's given up 15 goals in his 5 games back 4 in 3 of those... 40% of the games, he's good, 60^ of the games...not so much....

Great win yesterday!

Since he's been back, the Pens have also been playing a lot of fast, up-and-down games. That means a lot of goals each way. He's the reason they got to OT against Dallas despite being outplayed, even though he gave up 3 goals. He kept pace with a very sharp Allen against St. Louis. He's winning games, doing his job.

And his rebound control is fine. He'll lose a couple here and there when he's screened, but on the shots he should be controlling, he is. His angles are back to being excellent, and he's been the old, calm Matt Murray in the net of late.

The reality is that he was 1/2 with Martin Jones for best goalie in the NHL for his first two seasons. Despite the early season struggles this year (which plagued the whole team, in fairness), he's clearly an excellent, richly talented goaltender. And by all accounts, a good man to boot.

Plus, your complaint before was he didn't make the "big save." He's absolutely been coming up with the big saves lately.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any struggles Murray has had since returning can be attributed mostly to the Penguins' poor work clearing the front of the net. They're playing mostly excellent hockey, but that facet has lagged behind considerably. Lots of screens and deflections. Which makes sense; their defensemen are built for quick, efficient, controlled exits more than they are for moving bodies. And if I had to choose one or the other, I'd take the thing they're actually good at, considering the talent up front for them to be quickly and effectively moving the puck up to.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more Murray plays, the greater his GAA and the lower his save percentage. Sorry, you and I will disagree on Murray. Dude does put out a lot of rebounds.

I do admit it may be because of the D in front of him, but he's let some cheesy goals in and over extending past the net and getting his stick clipped by Olli Maata. I don't see him composed as you do... Dude is bottom tier in the NHL for starting goalies.

Pens goalie future is bright with Jarry and Murray, even De Smith.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more Murray plays, the greater his GAA and the lower his save percentage. Sorry, you and I will disagree on Murray. Dude does put out a lot of rebounds.

I do admit it may be because of the D in front of him, but he's let some cheesy goals in and over extending past the net and getting his stick clipped by Olli Maata. I don't see him composed as you do... Dude is bottom tier in the NHL for starting goalies.

Pens goalie future is bright with Jarry and Murray, even De Smith.
There are some teams (Canucks) out there that would kill to have just 1 of our 3 goalies this year.