• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees at 5....

Maybe...

just maybe....

I have a chance to catch the Devils!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a win, came back multiple times.

Palmieri is our best player, guy is a stud.

I thought this was Nicos best game, couple of assists, drew a penalty, was creating chances left and right. Just keep him off the PK.

Wood is such a pest, he's great.

Greene and Santini looked really good.

Zacha was underwhelming.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Stafford, what a pickup. Can't wait to flip him at the deadline.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught the 3rd n beyond...

WOW!!!! LOVE OUR NEW DEVILS!!!

seeing all those faces was a real challenge, lots of fresh/new looks....

I love the aggressive play on the attack and the relentless pursue on defense... what a change!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually loved that Zacha fought back that Dman after the cheapshot... I know it was a bad penalty but hell no, don't let them push us so easily.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team making me more optomistic every time I watch them. I'm sure we'll hit a rough stretch, will have to see how they bounce back when there is some adversity, but definitely a much more exciting product on ice and we are heading in the right direction again.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't allow those multi game losing streaks we'll be OK. 2 games in a row max. 3+ bury you.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i gotta say this team is really surprising me. the defense will be the downfall of them though. after they tied the game up they were giving the bolts chance after chance after chance not to mention on the 4th goal how 3 guys below the goal line let stamkos come out like that? maybe they will gel and get better but not looking good so far.

butcher made a sick play on that first goal with his backwards spin o rama and a nice little loft pass to nico to get things going the other way.

nico got robbed on a couple times and really starting to feel for him but that was a great setup on the tying goal.

i have to say that i want to watch every single devils game this year and the last time i said that was when kovy was on this team. finally some excitement and even being down a goal last night i really didn't think the team was out of it. thats all you can ask for in a fan is for the team to be in every game

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense will pick it up, we have 77 games to improve.... not expecting a top 2 finish in the league and a competitive team every game is what I want(im sure most here) and that's looking good so far.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was there at the game.

NM agree with Zacha being underwhelming. He really needs to step it up. I wonder if its laziness somewhat.

I sat in the balcony and there were times you can hear clearly Nico banging his stick on the ice wanting the puck. You can also hear that elevated noise in the crowd as soon as he gets the puck. Yea he got robbed and then had that nice setup where Hall shot it over crossbar.

Butcher has been a great addition. He is calm as hell with the puck. zero panic.

That Stamkos goal. The last guy you want to have the puck alone on Cory is Stamkos. That play looked bad from the stands. I guess it was one of those where all three players were wondering why the other guy didn't cover him?

The center screens are cool as hell. They showed the Yankee score after they won the game and crowd cheered (at least the Yankee fans).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stamkos goal was a combination of Severson coughing up the puck and Coleman doing who the hell knows what back there.

We still got pinned in our own end for long stretches, that needs to be addressed. I will say this though, for the most part our shortcomings are mental mistakes as opposed to lack of talent. Making a bad read, taking the wrong angle, forgetting your assignment etc. Hopefully this improves with time.

My one major gripe with the scoreboard is you can't see the banners across the way now.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Wood that TV probably doesn't pick up is he constantly gets under guys skin. Every line change he's having at their bench or intentionally bumping someone, he always holds a guy down for a few extra seconds during a scrum, he's a talented agitator, we've needed one of those for awhile.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am also a fan of Miles.
What happened after the first? Both teams had players staying on the ice for a while after the period ended. Definitely noticed Palmieri and Hedman chatting. Did you guys see that on TV and what was that all about?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also look how young we are.... mental part is still growing and i'm ok with that(as oppose to majority vets with no excuse but talent issue)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So still too early to tell what we have with our young defenseman but I would hope we're actively shopping for a top four defenseman all season.

It's an immediate need but also will help transition for life after Greene. Greene looks great right now but he can't keep these minutes up all season, he's not getting younger.

Severson is a bit Jekyll and Hyde still, Butcher has been a stud, Santini I've liked a lot, hoping he becomes our shutdown guy and Mueller has been so-so, not good, not bad, just a body out there. I suppose he can still breakout but so far nothing swaying me either way.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're still a long ways from making such decisions anyways...

continue to grow and improve! lets go Devils!!!

I'm actually going to watch my first full game tonight! whooooooooooohooooooo

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're still a long ways from making such decisions anyways...

continue to grow and improve! lets go Devils!!!

I'm actually going to watch my first full game tonight! whooooooooooohooooooo

Agreed, Thanksgiving is typically the best indicator as to where you're at as a team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEVILS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great start going up 2-0 but gave up 4 only to tie it and win it in OT....

Nico notched his first 2 of his young career and i'm already liking his IQ. Right place, very solid skillset and aggressive feel out there...

Hall, Nico and Stafford... who would've known?

Hall and Nico and Pal could be a game winning type attack down the road.... holy.

I understand the defensive gaffs but with our "aggressive" style, I can see why we would be on our heels on the counter. I don't have a problem with that at the moment, this early in the season but its something that would bite us or any team in a playoff series type atmosphere.

Cory hurt... might explain his poor play today IMO>

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy bananas! Down 2 going into the 3rd you still felt the comeback was coming. Completely different feeling than the past few years. If we went down 2 the game was over.

You could tell after the last game Nico was ready to breakout.