• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
while that goal against the caps was a nice shot and thats the exact area on the ice that a sniper needs to pot the goal that was a bad goal by holtby to give up. if nico roofed it then that wouldve been more impressive. hey i still think the kid is great and have to say that rp2 has been spot on so far with the kid.

yeah lovejoy being on this team is really a bummer i dont get what shero sees in the guy. everything else that shero has done has been amazing.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got til tuesday 5pm(ET?) for final roster trims....

like many here, not sure I agree with Lovejoy earning the spot nor providing an intangible value to our unit.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while that goal against the caps was a nice shot and thats the exact area on the ice that a sniper needs to pot the goal that was a bad goal by holtby to give up. if nico roofed it then that wouldve been more impressive. hey i still think the kid is great and have to say that rp2 has been spot on so far with the kid.

yeah lovejoy being on this team is really a bummer i dont get what shero sees in the guy. everything else that shero has done has been amazing.

Agree, should have been stopped but that's what happens when you get the puck on net. Goalies let up bad goals all the time but only if shots get on net. Hoping these guys just let it rip all year.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea it was not the greatest goal of all time by any means but I like the confidence factor. Who knows, he might have seen the hole under the armpit and fired it in that location. The key thing is he did not hesitate, plus nice quick release.

Same game, I like his pass to Butcher on that goal. Again, no hesitation. He knew he would pass to Butcher before he even got the puck. You don't teach that kind of stuff.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it was not the greatest goal of all time by any means but I like the confidence factor. Who knows, he might have seen the hole under the armpit and fired it in that location. The key thing is he did not hesitate, plus nice quick release.

Same game, I like his pass to Butcher on that goal. Again, no hesitation. He knew he would pass to Butcher before he even got the puck. You don't teach that kind of stuff.

Oh my god how sick have we become of watching plays "over develop", guys sitting, waiting to make the perfect pass, one too many passes etc. It is so refreshing watching Palmieri, Nico, Mojo etc just seamlessly keep plays moving along. Should be a fun team to watch.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, too excited from preseason so I bit the bullet and order Center Ice..... cant wait for the games.... should be a fun year to watch... GO DEVILS.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you call excitement!!!!

after 5pm today, excitement can turn into wtf!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that scoreboard is going to be nice! hopefully they can update the ugly 2008 boards inside the concourses.

maybe lovejoy had a bad season because he was hurt? or maybe asked too much of him? it certainly didn't help cory was brutal. maybe they put him ou tthere for a bottom 6 pairing guy and he finds himself

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quenneville and Blandisi to AHL, Bratt and Coleman were great during preseason though so glad they made it. Were going to be some tough cuts and that's without Zajac in the lineup. Good stuff.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbons and Hayes would be my obvious question marks cuz I guess I really wanted Q to get in(thought he was doing well) and Blandisi cuz he was as good and we need that chipness and energy he can bring.

we'll see....

Carry 8 defensemen is fine, happy to see Santini on there...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont even know who gibbons is. how was speers this camp? he makes it last year not this year?

saw eichel get 8 years 10 million. just think nico in a few years could be getting that salary. its a good problem to have but still a problem

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Go Devils! I have not been this fired up in a long time. Love the lineup

Last edited:

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 1 game but Nico was very aggressive, Cory was a wall and Butcher looked like a young Nieds. Hope everything is great with Palmieri.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was great watching the boys yesterday. Lots of speed, tenacity and much better passing than we've seem in recent years

And that new jumbtron is really something. Although they've got to find a better way to put up the penalty minutes

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol i know i worked during the first game and now the second game. beyond stupid but it is what it is. the msg go app is really good or you can use it on the desktop so i highly suggest people use that instead of looking for shady streaming links.

what else can be said about the game but wow! i know its the av's and the home opener so they should come out flying but i really enjoy the speed the team showed. they were all over the av's and the score could've been 6-1. only downside i saw was mojo didn't really do much of anything but thats fine as long as the other players pick up the slack.

nico looked really good its a shame he couldn't score but i think today he gets one. bratt with a snipe and i loved that he waited and LIFTED the puck. so many times everyone just tries to shoot it quickly or on the ice. hayes is a perfect example in the third he waited and tried to lift it but not high enough. a goal scorer roofs that puck