• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it again... I really think we need to stick with Kinkaid the rest of the season.. he has earned it and is really playing beyond well right now... Cory just isn't the same since returning and we cant afford to give up points right now... go with the hot goaltender and the one getting the job done. Wondering if they plan on starting Cory tonight.. we will see.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost one, you can't win them all but didn't like tonight's play.

Not believing the back to back excuse, especially when yesterday was in the afternoon their time... come on.

Bad passes, bad execution, bad focus. The memo is we are weak against bigs and we allow ourselves to get bullied. I'm no longer worried about offensive production from our Dman... I want bruisers and guys who can hold their own. We were getting pushed and timid, no me gusta.

Not gonna hammer Hynes for "keeping" Zajac on with Hall n Pal but after awhile, got to adjust and put nico back in there...

how was it we were up against bigs but they still got to everything before us. We looked slow and out of steam... that's not acceptable. We're small but fast! speed didn't come tonight, very bad....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, our PP is terrible... missing out on that 5 on 3, in the matter we did, was pathetic... fire that man!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1 shot on a 5on3?!?!? just blows i really dont get why they never set up and move the puck around like other teams easily do. the 4th goal was a tough redeflect but man kinkaid you really gotta go all out and stop everything at that point.

total lopside in the shot department against just like the kings game. can't be doing that too often and expect to win. i will say i agree with kinkaid getting the majority of the starts but i would've started cory last night and had kinkaid go against the sharks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was definitely the game to start Cory. Didn't watch but figured one of these games would be a dud.

Agree about our power play. In general we don't score off of setups and sustained attack. We score so many on the fly or off broken plays. With Vatanen on point and the forwards we have there is absolutely no excuse for a poor power play.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How we didn't muster anything on the 5 on 3, words cannot express my feelings...

Hall, as MVP as he is for this season, was bad yesterday. Everyone is allowed a bad game, hopefully thats his last.

The staff needs a change, in Def and now Special teams PP.... cuz I'm sorry, thats not acceptable. 5 ON 3!!!!!!!!!!!disgusting!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose if you’re gonna lose a game, the second of a back to back on a long road trip is acceptable. Definitely looked bad in most respects, but not to where I’m concerned.

That said, no time to waste. We must come back strong with a W against SJS.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was kind of expecting a letdown.
I know Kinkaid has been really good and definitely deserving to be starter, but think last night was a perfect game for Cory to come in and see what he got. Figured he is not too happy on the bench and possibly could have came out and absolutely stood on his head.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember those 2 offside goal reversal games? Yeah, those will cost us.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s brutal. It’s almost like we’ll have to win 7-8 of the last 10.
Unbelievable...

Idk how but CBJ and FLA need to lose! It's almost as if the only way for us to get in is win maybe 9 games lol....

fuck... how did this happened!(credit to FLA n CBJ for winning their games though)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable...

Idk how but CBJ and FLA need to lose! It's almost as if the only way for us to get in is win maybe 9 games lol....

fuck... how did this happened!(credit to FLA n CBJ for winning their games though)

The team let themselves have multiple, multi-game losing streaks. Too many bad weeks. Not a bad game or two, we're talking 3-5 game losing streaks. Good teams don't do that.

Just keep plowing ahead, keep winning and we'll make it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats all we have left...

good news, sounds like Nico is back with Hall n Pal...

Bratt to the 4th line

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised that the likes of Mueller(2nd rd pick traded for) or Santini weren't brought on against the bigs in CA.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If this team did not beat Nashville, Vegas and the Kings, would be in worse shape. Sharks are right up there in tops of the league and its not like the schedule gets easy at all after tonight. Penguins twice, Tampa, Leafs, Caps. You know Rangers and Isles will want to beat their rivals.

If this team makes the playoffs this year, nobody can say they did not earn it especially with the schedule last month before season ends.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team did not beat Nashville, Vegas and the Kings, would be in worse shape. Sharks are right up there in tops of the league and its not like the schedule gets easy at all after tonight. Penguins twice, Tampa, Leafs, Caps. You know Rangers and Isles will want to beat their rivals.

If this team makes the playoffs this year, nobody can say they did not earn it especially with the schedule last month before season ends.

Agreed. The remaining schedule does look tough, though. As someone else said, too many losing stretches in JAN and FEB that will ultimately be the reason IF we don't make it. If you remember, at the Christmas break we were atop the Metro division. Now, we're fighting just to get a final wild card spot.

I didn't expect playoffs this year, still thought it was too early. But with that said, if we don't make it, I will be really disappointed considering the level of play this team has shown.

Do or die, folks!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree was kind of surprised Kinkaid got the start on the back to back... that was the game to let Cory in, then start kinkaid tonight vs sharks... we need this win tonight, against a tough team.. we will see...

GO DEVILS