• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are we sure Nico makes this team this season and is not in the minors or elsewhere? I guess I am asking since I see his great potential to help this team and wondering if we are going to see this all season or is he gonna be "training" in the minors for a year till they call him up??? Thoughts?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are we sure Nico makes this team this season and is not in the minors or elsewhere? I guess I am asking since I see his great potential to help this team and wondering if we are going to see this all season or is he gonna be "training" in the minors for a year till they call him up??? Thoughts?
He's in

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no chance ownership would let Nico go to the minors. They see dollar signs all around that kid.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to hear.... My god this kid is leaning me toward getting Center Ice this year.... plus we are crushing it in preseason with the Offense.... kinda hard not to get excited over what we are seeing... I know its preseason, but man this is a young talented team....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, with this talent even if the team as a whole isn't a cup contender we should still see some highlight reel goals. Unlike years past where on the off chance we scored it was usually an accidental bounce off some guys back.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to hear.... My god this kid is leaning me toward getting Center Ice this year.... plus we are crushing it in preseason with the Offense.... kinda hard not to get excited over what we are seeing... I know its preseason, but man this is a young talented team....
If the center ice pkg is financially reasonable for you and you'll actually make good use of it(watching it close to regularly), then I say go for it.

Hall, Pal, Nico, Zacha, the new guys...etc.... offense creativity and future in the making? i'll sign up for that viewing(as i'm doing with my 49ers despite my constant vomiting lol)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nico has looked very good, but you can tell that he still needs to pack on some muscle. His IQ and skill set is there, he just needs his body to catch up. It's like the guys who go NCAA, they add on 20 lbs of muscle freshmen year.

If I'm our coach I'm definitely starting Nico at 3C. There's no reason not to give the kid some sheltered minutes. He can still work on a PP unit.

My biggest thing is to use Palm/Hall/Rico/MoJo split 2 and 2. As of now, Zacha and Stafford are the other guys there.

You could also do something like:

Hall-Zacha-Palms
Mojo-Rico-Quenville
???-Nico-Stafford
And thats fine, the kid is super young physically, nothing but up for him from a preseason standpoint.

Interesting you have Q up there in the 2nd line, I would think Stafford due his good play.

those ??? on the 3rd may go to(and perhaps should based on performance) Jesper Bratt, hearing good things about him consistently.

Reality, IMO would be:

Hall - Zacha - Pal (If Hynes does not put Zacha in there, then he'll lose my support)
Mojo - Rico(place holder) - Stafford
Bratt(earned) - Nico(#1) - Noesen(maybe a surprise cut? doubt it but prefer Q)
Blandisi - Boyle - Quenville(I want Q over someone like Coleman or Hayes)

McLeod does not make team, disappointingly for me.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting you have Q up there in the 2nd line, I would think Stafford due his good play.

Having Stafford on the third line gives Nico some serious veteran experience to be working with. Same with putting Q with Mojo/Rico. We're still in rebuild mode, so i'm leaning towards insulating the young guys this year.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nico's play in the preseason has made it almost impossible for him to not make the team.
So far we have seen his speed, skill, passing, shot.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the center ice pkg is financially reasonable for you and you'll actually make good use of it(watching it close to regularly), then I say go for it.

Hall, Pal, Nico, Zacha, the new guys...etc.... offense creativity and future in the making? i'll sign up for that viewing(as i'm doing with my 49ers despite my constant vomiting lol)

It usually ends up costing less than the price of a decent ticket to one game, so I think its well worth it even if you only watch 25% of the games.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't disagree. He is I think 3rd in the league in pts for the preseason? I know, its only preseason, but there are guys out there also trying to make their teams.
So far, we can't complain. Lets hope he carries it over to the regular season when it counts.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what happens now with Henrique/Zacha? Henrique get bounced to wing? Or do all 3 guys play center?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that worries me is Lovejoy has been outplayed by every remaining defenseman and he'll still be on the opening night roster for no reason other than he's Shero's guy.

Greene, Moore, Severson are definites, I think Mueller and Butcher have earned spots. That leaves Prout, Santini and Lovejoy. Out of those 8 he ranks 8th for me.