• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow a 2 goal lead in the 3rd and lose in the shootout, brutal. Hopefully they figure something out over the break. Our D still stinks, we knew,it would but man we need to get someone else back there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Mojo to flip the switch and get going and Palmieri still looks like he's getting back into the swing of things. If those 2 can really get going it will be huge

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
difference was gibbons not potting that breakaway to give them a 5-2 lead. i know a 2 goal lead late in the third should be enough but the problem is earlier in the year gibbons was potting those and everyone was happy. now he is playing towards his realistic level and he isn't potting that goal yesterday. guess trying to say everyone was playing at 110% of their potential at the start of the year and now for whatever reason probably just basic probabilities we are playing where we should be. mueller has to be coming back very soon no? that will be a nice addition. greene has to go buy him out and also cory good lord that 4th goal was bad

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the guys who "overachieved" are starting to cool off, no fault of their own, started beyond expectations...

now the guys who are to be relied on are showing they ain't carrying their weight, are being exposed for it.

come on Devils, really believe we could do something wonderful in the playoffs but got to get back on track.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No panic moves either please....

despite the up n downs, don't sell out....within reason

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think teams also game plan against us. Early on we caught teams off guard, now they have tape, they know how to defend etc. Up to Hynes to keep things fresh and make adjustments.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think teams also game plan against us. Early on we caught teams off guard, now they have tape, they know how to defend etc. Up to Hynes to keep things fresh and make adjustments.
I can see that and vouche for it. It would only be right.

With that, I feel our offensive game disappeared. Our Speed attack is gone. I can't 100% put it on opposing defenses.....

there's been a change in scheme and Calamity no likey.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

you area definitely right about that. will go and show a lot about the team character in the room if they can't adjust or raise their game now. shero got rid of a lot of that deadwood in there with camm and then henrique so hall has to step up.

i think this team has a realistic shot at the playoffs. it will take a massive collapse to kick them out. and god forbid a big injury

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really dont know what the devils would be interested in from either team. honestly too i dont know a positional need that the team has either.

the defense is set as good as it could be and mueller isn't even back yet. when he comes back who sits? lovejoy? ok so defense is set.

forwards? top 6 is set nico hall bratt palm zacha johnanson. so maybe a bottom pairing guy? but you have boyle/gibbons/coleman/wood/zajac so that leaves one spot and nosen hasn't really been that bad.

my one complaint would be keeping greene he is really being an anchor back on the blue line and thats the one legit spot this team needs a #1 legit d man. that NTC really hurts this team though.

i'm not a fan of zacha either so maybe you want to look to move him? but what are you really going to get coming back the other way?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Trouba is the only guy that really interests me but not sure Jets would move him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane? maybe.... Okposo? Reinhart? I mean i could name all the obvious guys lol.... on Buff's side.

WPG does not sway me.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
kane got into a fight today at practice with a teammate so i doubt shero would bring that type of act into what hes got going on here.

as for the offside call. i didnt see the result of that entry which was clearly offside on the replay but did they score right off that entry? or was it one of those they are offsides and they score like 30 seconds after gaining the zone. i wouldn't be surprised if the NHL rode the rule for the regular season and then stopping it come playoff time in their current format.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in action tomorrow night, 4 straight divisional games, time to find out what this team is.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When they had their winning streak right before this slump, they played pretty much the same. Few losses were in shootout. 2 of them were on offside calls which in both cases turned the game around. Hope they come out fired up and get some wins together starting tomorrow.