• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.... these **** hair overturned calls are BS.... if it takes that long to make a decision, then obviously its not conclusive and the call on the ice needs to stand... plus I thought they only had 30 seconds to make the decision to challenge it... the blues seemed to take 2 minutes to make up their minds... also BS....

Also, my god, how lucky can this goaltender be??? How many open nets did we not score on??? 4, 5???? My god...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 is driving my patience...

lets go Devils, hold your heads up....

We need The Hall Monitors(trend? lol) to get some pts on the board now....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good point on the 30 seconds. That was a long time to even challenge it, or maybe it seemed that way. The entire time you can tell they were talking to somebody upstairs who was already checking out the videos.
I am all for making the right call but they need to clean up some of the gray area. Example, on the Hall goal that was disallowed, you can easily say Hall had control of the puck. Just because scrubs cannot catch the puck and control it in mid air like that does not mean Hall did not have control.

Last night sure it could go either way, but show me the frame that definitely shows 100 percent that the puck was over the line and the toe was not on the ice on the blue line.

Definite or unquestionable are synonyms of conclusive. I don't get it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word conclusive sure is being thrown around loosely these days.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on the 30 seconds. That was a long time to even challenge it, or maybe it seemed that way. The entire time you can tell they were talking to somebody upstairs who was already checking out the videos.
I am all for making the right call but they need to clean up some of the gray area. Example, on the Hall goal that was disallowed, you can easily say Hall had control of the puck. Just because scrubs cannot catch the puck and control it in mid air like that does not mean Hall did not have control.

Last night sure it could go either way, but show me the frame that definitely shows 100 percent that the puck was over the line and the toe was not on the ice on the blue line.

Definite or unquestionable are synonyms of conclusive. I don't get it.

Agree.... what I don't understand is, why does the skate have to be on the ice.... half his leg was still above the blue line even as the puck was in the zone... this was clear.... why does it have to be ice contact???? to me, his body is still behind the blue line before the puck enters (especially if you call it like a goal line in football where it goes up in the air forever and think of it as crossing the plane) In that case he is still behind the line as the puck enters the zone... yet the rule is so stupid to not include that because my leg is on the blue but since my skate is not touching the ice I am off sides.... how are they suppose to take strides with both feet on the ice??? Its just stupid.... without replay no way that is called offsides (hall goal as well) because the lineman didn't call it.... yet if we are going to break it down frame by frame, they need to rewrite the rule to make it make cense. This is two games we got hosed on due to this BS call.... and both in my opinion were too close to call with 100 percent certainty.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there's truth in my sarcastic statement: I think we could've won this gm without Vatanan dressing up... Jesus f christ

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there's truth in my sarcastic statement: I think we could've won this gm without Vatanan dressing up... Jesus f christ

My god I was just getting online to post about this guy... I cant believe we gave up so much for him... hes like Colin White all over again... the stupid penalties he has taken in the last 4 games.... I don't get it... reason we cant bench his ass???? he is playing beyond bad right now.... and its costing us.....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll defend Vatenen, he had a terrible game last night but had a point in each of the previous 4 games. He's also devouring ice team which will help everyone else out in the long term.

Also, outside of the hot start Henrique has gone back to his November form of being mostly invisible.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder though, is it possible for us to ever get all 6 defensemen to play well in the same game? Has that happened yet this year? I feel like even when we play well and win there's at least one guy on D that I say that guy played terrible.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to rip Vatanan as a whole yet, I'll wait til season(hopefully playoffs) but last night my god, it was one thing after another... If it wasn't a penalty it was poor marking.

It was a bad night for him for sure....

Well, looks like we're falling back to earth now... oh boy... :drama:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2 bad penalties but he has been strong last few games before last night.
They should have beat the Blues. Plus both Stars and especially the Blues are not pushovers.

I would not call this a slump yet. Get a couple of wins and we will forget the last couple.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what they have to do is up the penalty for a bad offside challenge. your going to get an extended time out and a 2min penalty for a bad challenge? not bad enough. if you want to challenge and it fails? other team gets a penalty shot then. it would make coaches think real good and hard at these super close calls that can go either way. if it is remotely close i'm going to challenge it i'm fine giving the team another powerplay if it means i can get a goal taken off the board who wouldn't? 100% so if my team has the best PK in the league.

they really need to get into this bye week badly. it came at a perfect time with this slump they are in but they really really really really have to beat the islanders today. i hope in regulation but i will take overtime or a shootout.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also i have a sinking feeling that the devils are kicking the tires on karlson & eckman larrson. you know ray sees the play of greene completely falling off a cliff and he wont tolerate that. that pass by green on the first goal was amazingly bad wtf was he thinking.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i have a sinking feeling that the devils are kicking the tires on karlson & eckman larrson. you know ray sees the play of greene completely falling off a cliff and he wont tolerate that. that pass by green on the first goal was amazingly bad wtf was he thinking.

Greene is finally showing his age and the hard miles he's put on the past few years. As a bottom pairing guy or the number 4 guy on second pairing he might be ok. But we cannot factor him in as a top pairing guy anymore.

Agree about the punishment for a challenge. At this point it's an easy gamble, like taking a holding or interference call to stop a wide open shot, you take that trade off every single time.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Greene is finally showing his age and the hard miles he's put on the past few years. As a bottom pairing guy or the number 4 guy on second pairing he might be ok. But we cannot factor him in as a top pairing guy anymore.

Agree about the punishment for a challenge. At this point it's an easy gamble, like taking a holding or interference call to stop a wide open shot, you take that trade off every single time.

you know thats a really good point. players that take intentional penalties like that to negate an obvious goal. why aren't the players awarded a penalty shot? or at least give the ref the ability to judge and award a penalty shot. if a guy is alone in front has an wide open cage the goal is out to lunch and is hauled down its just a penalty? why not make it a penalty shot?

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont we play the islanders on sunday? Not today? Or do I have my days mixed up???

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They play tomorrow.
Also, nice that USA got the bronze by beating the Czechs 9-3. They disappointed in that game against Sweden.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit interference call wipews out Palms goal. Will we ever get a damn call??

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching football but grrrr my casual peeks into our gm has me fuming....

We lead sog but so what if we can't put it in