• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Bundesliga

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that makes the loss to Hamburg much more palatable! :yes:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that makes the loss to Hamburg much more palatable! :yes:

That should put them in the driver's UCL next year for sure. Good win for Schalke. Leipzig in big trouble now. Horrible effort against Marseilles in Europa defensively this past week and a tie today against Bremen put them on the edge of no European football next year.

Schalke 8 points ahead of Leipzig with 4 games left. Cologne and Augsburg on their schedule makes it nearly impossible not to be UCL bound next year.

Last edited:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those are the only two "big" German names that I can think of. Nagelsmann and Kovac (I know, he's Croatian but was born and raised in Germany) are potential big names in the future.

The only other big German name I can think of off the top of my head is Klinsmann, not sure they'd ever bring him back though.

And though I don't see him going to Bayern (at least no time soon), I do see David Wagner taking over a Bundesliga team sometime in the next few years.

Ended up being Kovac. Takes over July 1st. We'll see how that works.

Could be a team in transition next year. Are Ribery and Robben going to be back? How about Lewandowski? If Bayern wins the UCL then better likely Lewey stays. Nice to see Wagner scoring though. Hard to believe he scores a goal once every 71 minutes, better rate than Lewandowski this season.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schalke... wtf? :noidea: :doh:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schalke clinches UEFA birth!!! Woot!!!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? Don't leave a brother hanging!

Champions League. Also, Dortmund and Hoffenheim in UCL. Great job by Nagelsman to get Hoffenheim there. Losing Sule and Rudy to Bayern. Would rather have him at Bayern. Leverkusen Europa bound and Leipzig in playoff for Europa. Goal differential cost Leverkusen.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoger out at Dortmund. Good riddence. Sucked at Koln and sucked at Dortmund.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is Bayern doing extending Robben, Ribery, and Rafinha? Only Ribery would I have giving one more year as a backup to Coman. Robben is a bit of a whiner this year not always getting starts in big games, but then just gets hurt ... again...in big games. Rafinha he just plain sucks. For a team as rich as Bayern they can do way better than Rafinha.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Arsenal has been making a play for Tedesco... Sounds like he's happy at Schalke, but $$$ speaks loudly sometimes. :(

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champions League. Also, Dortmund and Hoffenheim in UCL. Great job by Nagelsman to get Hoffenheim there. Losing Sule and Rudy to Bayern. Would rather have him at Bayern. Leverkusen Europa bound and Leipzig in playoff for Europa. Goal differential cost Leverkusen.

Are you sure about that? I seem to remember Hertha and Koln automatically getting into the Europa League group stage last season. Freiburg got into the 3rd qualifying round of Europa.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking into Holstein Kiel to see where they finished in the 2. Bundesliga last season and I found out they weren't in the 2. Bundesliga last season. They played in the 3. Liga in 2016/2017 and finished 2nd, earning a promotion.

I also found out last year's relegation playoff loser Eintracht Braunschweig finished in the relegation zone this season and will play in 3. Liga next season.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking into Holstein Kiel to see where they finished in the 2. Bundesliga last season and I found out they weren't in the 2. Bundesliga last season. They played in the 3. Liga in 2016/2017 and finished 2nd, earning a promotion.

I also found out last year's relegation playoff loser Eintracht Braunschweig finished in the relegation zone this season and will play in 3. Liga next season.

Fortuna Dusseldorf and Nurmberg move up to the show next season. Holsten Kiel is in the playoff against Wolfsburg. Holsten could be in the top league next season if they win the qualifier against Wolfsburg. Two jumps in 2 seasons like Leipzig did a few years ago. It would be shocking to see Hamburg and Wolfsburg go down. Wolfsburg had to play the qualifier last year too. Hanging by a thread again.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortuna Dusseldorf and Nurmberg move up to the show next season. Holsten Kiel is in the playoff against Wolfsburg. Holsten could be in the top league next season if they win the qualifier against Wolfsburg. Two jumps in 2 seasons like Leipzig did a few years ago. It would be shocking to see Hamburg and Wolfsburg go down. Wolfsburg had to play the qualifier last year too. Hanging by a thread again.

I was hoping, like I was last year, that Wolfsburg would go down. Alas, it doesn't look like they will...again.

Did you watch any of the game today? IMO, the aggregate should be 5-5 (instead of 3-1 Wolfsburg) based on all the missed chances from the two clubs.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping, like I was last year, that Wolfsburg would go down. Alas, it doesn't look like they will...again.

Did you watch any of the game today? IMO, the aggregate should be 5-5 (instead of 3-1 Wolfsburg) based on all the missed chances from the two clubs.

Missed it. Didn't realize they were playing these games so quickly? I am hoping Wolfsburg goes down too.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing tomorrow's Bayern Frankfurt Pokal final too. Wife signed me up to go to some festival :( Usually Bundesliga games are early. Tomorrow's game at 11 AM PST right in the wheelhouse of the festival...but at least it is a beer and wine festival so not a complete loss.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it. Didn't realize they were playing these games so quickly? I am hoping Wolfsburg goes down too.

I didn't even realize they were playing yesterday. I happened to stumble upon the pregame show.

It took Holstein Kiel about a half to find their bearings. Unfortunately by that time they were already down 2-1. They had at least 3 solid chances in the 2nd half and missed them by inches. I'm hoping they capitalize on their chances in the 2nd leg.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing tomorrow's Bayern Frankfurt Pokal final too. Wife signed me up to go to some festival :( Usually Bundesliga games are early. Tomorrow's game at 11 AM PST right in the wheelhouse of the festival...but at least it is a beer and wine festival so not a complete loss.

Is that game on TV? I know it wasn't last year, because Fox would rather show the FA Cup final instead.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that game on TV? I know it wasn't last year, because Fox would rather show the FA Cup final instead.

Yes. I always use this website to find their games. Fox is not always the only solution. All their games have been on this year on the Spanish channels ESPN Deportes, Fox Deportes, Unimas or Univision. Tomorrow ESPN Deportes:

Bayern München - Eintracht Frankfurt Live Streaming and TV Listings, Live Scores, News, Videos - May 19, 2018 - DFB Pokal :: Live Soccer TV