• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Hockey Championships and European autos thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone wondered how VW met emissions standards while foregoing urea injection. As it turns out, they didn't. It wasn't magical German engineering. Just plain old fraud.

I guess you could say CEO's of companies like Ford and GM have great schadenfraude towards VW.

giphy.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
oh, this thread reminds me that i saw the ugliest fucking Ferrari in existence the other day.

2012-Farrari-FF-Placement-626x382.jpg

but very, very bright yellow

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, this thread reminds me that i saw the ugliest fucking Ferrari in existence the other day.

2012-Farrari-FF-Placement-626x382.jpg

but very, very bright yellow

Shame about that thing. It's supposedly the most driveable, livable Ferrari ever made. And it looks like an elephant pooped it out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it's kosher when you're gaming the gamers.

Keep in mind that regardless of whether VW is crooked as hell or the gov't is simply making an example out of them, the end user are the ones being punished the most here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it's kosher when you're gaming the gamers.

Keep in mind that regardless of whether VW is crooked as hell or the gov't is simply making an example out of them, the end user are the ones being punished the most here.

Agreed. But they are retaliating by punishing the next end user. This won't hurt VW, they will get tax breaks to rebuild the cars when they threaten to close plants or cut jobs to cover the costs.

And when I buy a returned car, I will not know if I got one someone wrecked. Someone who was probably singing that very car's praises right up until someone else told him he should be unhappy with it.

Kind of like those people who destroyed houses that they got evicted from for not paying their mortgages. The banks didn't suffer, the next buyer did. And all the other owners who saw their property value go down when there were auction properties in their neighborhood.

By the way, VW has decided that they should be involved in fast EV charging infrastructure (Along with Ford, BMW and Daimler).
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...group-plan-fast-charging-ev-network-in-europe

Good jorb, California.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But they are retaliating by punishing the next end user. This won't hurt VW, they will get tax breaks to rebuild the cars when they threaten to close plants or cut jobs to cover the costs.

And when I buy a returned car, I will not know if I got one someone wrecked. Someone who was probably singing that very car's praises right up until someone else told him he should be unhappy with it.

Kind of like those people who destroyed houses that they got evicted from for not paying their mortgages. The banks didn't suffer, the next buyer did. And all the other owners who saw their property value go down when there were auction properties in their neighborhood.

By the way, VW has decided that they should be involved in fast EV charging infrastructure (Along with Ford, BMW and Daimler).
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...group-plan-fast-charging-ev-network-in-europe

Good jorb, California.
From what I understand most of these cars are going to be stripped of parts and scrapped by VW anyway. The owners stripping the parts and profiting from them instead of VW doesn't bother me too much.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand most of these cars are going to be stripped of parts and scrapped by VW anyway. The owners stripping the parts and profiting from them instead of VW doesn't bother me too much.

VW is abandoning diesel technology in the states anyways no?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Holy shit.

Then again, with major European cities (including Paris) vowing to ban all diesel vehicles in a few years, that might just be the start.

thats what my bro in law said and he is pretty plugged in (no pun intended)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hadn't heard that. They spent all the money on the "fix" (take out the cheat), and are offering the option for people who choose to keep their cars. I believe the second part is they would sell the used ones.

I plan to buy one for my son. A diesel Golf or Jetta to learn to drive in should get him quite nicely through college with good reliability and relatively low expense.

Still might buy a Passat for myself.

VW is abandoning diesel technology in the states anyways no?

Only new models. They should still sell used and they will still service them.

Really? Holy shit.

Then again, with major European cities (including Paris) vowing to ban all diesel vehicles in a few years, that might just be the start.

The EPA is so concerned about Diesel emissions that they laughed nervously and looked away when Peterbilt and Mack Trucks and the makers of farm equipment announced they were going to get lawyers to protect MURICAN JOBS

If they want to have a debate on the overall effects of Diesel fumes, then do it. But don't set a bunch of rules that no one can pass without cheating (BMW, Mercedes and Mazda cheated too) and then fail to apply the same rules to all vehicles; pickup trucks, tractor trailers, trains and farm equipment.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The American deal was $10k per car US, I believe, or $13,400 CDN.

Guess we're worth $5500 less in the eyes of VW. That's some mighty fine negotiating you're doin there, Junior.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'd prefer it with a splash of color with wood paneling accents

375373.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

"You think you hate it now, but wait until you drive it"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the chances of that beauty coming to North America? Slim and none :D

Okay, I read the article and found this:

The Arteon will go on sale in Europe later this year, and eventually in the United States

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the chances of that beauty coming to North America? Slim and none :D

Okay, I read the article and found this:

The Arteon will go on sale in Europe later this year, and eventually in the United States

2018 Model so I would imagine they will start showing up here in November. Once they decide which two neutered engines and gearboxes we are going to get.

The 276HP V6 paired with a 7 speed and AWD is not something I will hold my breath for over here.

But if it does come, I am first in line.