• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Sox

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade Sale we better get some quality prospects that will be good in 2-3 years. Also can we please get a damn catcher...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade Sale we better get some quality prospects that will be good in 2-3 years. Also can we please get a damn catcher...
Took a Top 10 catcher in the draft from The U as our #1 pick, fwiw.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should trade Sale to the Mets for Harvey and Wheeler

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh lookie .... a new fan & armchair GM! :heh:

What??? What yew don't like bout that trade? Mets get a non-injured pitcher for the stretch run, and our beloved Sox get two guys who could potentially anchor a rotation for five years, either by pitching good or making too much money

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What??? What yew don't like bout that trade? Mets get a non-injured pitcher for the stretch run, and our beloved Sox get two guys who could potentially anchor a rotation for five years, either by pitching good or making too much money
Well, let's toss in a couple of single A nobodies & then we can start negotiating like we're used to.

You are really new, aintcha?

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I have a question about Chris Sale from a Diamondbacks fan. Now there has no been speculation about this but I am just curious to see if this package would be good enough to get Sale. Btw, I know the Diamondbacks suck this year but since they already have Greinke I figured they might as well go all out and get another ace. Anyway, the package is Jake Lamb, Chris Owings, Yasmany Tomas, Patrick Corbin, and Shelby Miller (or another pitcher/prospect but not Bradley, Ray, or Shipley). Btw, I apologize for the long post. I wanted it to be thorough.

Here is some background in case you do not know much about these players. Lamb is a franchise third baseman and should have been an all-star this season. He was having an mvp caliber year offensively but hurt his hand about two weeks ago so that explains his drop off since then. Before that he was second in MLB in slugging percentage and his OPS was over 1.000. Owings is a natural short stop and was considered the franchise shortstop but he has been injured on and off for a couple seasons so he kind of got lost in the shuffle. He is extremely fast and was batting .285 before he got injured this season. He has been pretty rusty since he came back recently. Tomas is only a second year player and has been doing much better lately. He is not a good defender and I believe he is best served as a designated hitter. Corbin used to be the Diamondbacks ace and was an all-star in 2013 and then had TJ surgery in 2014. He came back last year and pitched well. This year he started off the season well but has been off since then and not pitched well at all. However, I think he is just in a funk and it is not indicative of who he really is. Pretty much everyone knows about Shelby Miller so I do not have to explain.

Is that a package you think the White Sox would consider? They are getting five major league players with huge talent that are all age 24-25 except for Corbin who just turned 27 in July. Plus every player is under team control for the foreseeable future. If the White Sox do not want Miller, I guess he can be replaced by another prospect in the minors. Anyway, obviously these are not prospects and rather players than can contribute immediately. The Diamondbacks are giving up a ton of offense in this trade and two young pitchers who were supposed to be their number 2 and 3 starters this year, so it is a major package. What do you think?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I have a question about Chris Sale from a Diamondbacks fan. Now there has no been speculation about this but I am just curious to see if this package would be good enough to get Sale. Btw, I know the Diamondbacks suck this year but since they already have Greinke I figured they might as well go all out and get another ace. Anyway, the package is Jake Lamb, Chris Owings, Yasmany Tomas, Patrick Corbin, and Shelby Miller (or another pitcher/prospect but not Bradley, Ray, or Shipley). Btw, I apologize for the long post. I wanted it to be thorough.

Here is some background in case you do not know much about these players. Lamb is a franchise third baseman and should have been an all-star this season. He was having an mvp caliber year offensively but hurt his hand about two weeks ago so that explains his drop off since then. Before that he was second in MLB in slugging percentage and his OPS was over 1.000. Owings is a natural short stop and was considered the franchise shortstop but he has been injured on and off for a couple seasons so he kind of got lost in the shuffle. He is extremely fast and was batting .285 before he got injured this season. He has been pretty rusty since he came back recently. Tomas is only a second year player and has been doing much better lately. He is not a good defender and I believe he is best served as a designated hitter. Corbin used to be the Diamondbacks ace and was an all-star in 2013 and then had TJ surgery in 2014. He came back last year and pitched well. This year he started off the season well but has been off since then and not pitched well at all. However, I think he is just in a funk and it is not indicative of who he really is. Pretty much everyone knows about Shelby Miller so I do not have to explain.

Is that a package you think the White Sox would consider? They are getting five major league players with huge talent that are all age 24-25 except for Corbin who just turned 27 in July. Plus every player is under team control for the foreseeable future. If the White Sox do not want Miller, I guess he can be replaced by another prospect in the minors. Anyway, obviously these are not prospects and rather players than can contribute immediately. The Diamondbacks are giving up a ton of offense in this trade and two young pitchers who were supposed to be their number 2 and 3 starters this year, so it is a major package. What do you think?

so you're wondering if the d-backs want to turn them into the last three years' version of the white sox? two great pitchers surrounded by garbage? i fail to see why they would want to do this.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks would still have Goldschmidt, a perennial mvp candidate and gold glover, Pollock, who has missed the entire season but is an all-star and gold glove center fielder and supposed to come back soon, and Peralta, who is a fantastic defender and really good hitter. Then they also have Segura who has played great, excellent production at the catcher's spot in Castillo and Herrmann, a gold glove caliber shortstop in Nick Ahmed, and Lamb's replacement Brandon Drury who has played second, third, and the outfield this year because of Lamb's breakout season, but Drury's natural position is third base.

Last year the Diamondbacks were a top offensive team in the league and one of the best defensive teams in baseball. A big reason for that was the outfield of Pollock, Peralta, and Inciarte. Pollock has missed the entire year so far, Peralta has missed most of the year, and Inciarte was traded as part of the package to get Shelby Miller. So outside of poor play, this season's team has been doomed by injuries. Even Greinke has missed the past month and is still out. The Diamondbacks offense is still pretty great now too. So even though the team would be trading away a ton to get Sale, they have a lot of positional depth to make up for it. Their biggest issue is pitching, especially the bullpen, which is atrocious.

Greinke and Sale would be at the top of the rotation and then the team would probably sign a veteran to be the third starter. Bradley and the other young pitchers would round out the end of the rotation. Then having Goldschmidt, Pollock, Peralta, Segura, Ahmed, Castillo/Herrmann, Drury, and whoever else they bring up or sign is not garbage. That is multiple all-stars and gold glove defenders in their primes. Like I said before, the biggest need is to re-do the bullpen. Other than that, their lineup is set.