• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Season

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree however I think it would be best for Wimbush to wait another season I mean it would provide him more practice and no injury threat (hopefully) I think Kizer and Zaire will be the main starters this season unless both of them get injured then we will see Wimbush. Looks really good though!
The problem with that thinking is we will still have MZ. Also dont forget Kizer still has another year if he wants to come back. Wimbush is trapped and I dont see how he gets on the field.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that thinking is we will still have MZ. Also dont forget Kizer still has another year if he wants to come back. Wimbush is trapped and I dont see how he gets on the field.
Is Wimbush a Junior? If so, he might be screwed :O

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some more Info on yesterday practice:
- Hunter is by far the #1 Wr on the team. They are calling him TD machine.
-Kizer won todays battle. MZ not far behind. Both have different styles. To be honest it might of been a great move by Kelly to say both will play. Texas will have to game plan for 2 different styles. Tough to do.
- ESB had a good day and starting to separate himself as the #2.
-Dexter is showing what he has and he will be part of this running game. 3 Headed monster
- Bilal is coming along nicely. He continues to get more Reps. Coney is also having a nice camp. Kelly has named Martini the starter for week 1.
-J Jones looks good at the NT spot and he has upped his rep count.
-Morgan has been doing well. What a jump he has made the coaching staff has mention. The best part of his game is lining up his teammates in the right spots something he had trouble with.

Depth Chart: 1st team
QB- Kizer/MZ
x- Hunter
Z- Sanders
W- Brown
TE- Smythe
RB- Folson/Adams
LT- McGlinchey
LG- Nelson
Center- Mustipher
RG- McGovern
RT- Bars

Defense:
WSDE- Trumbetti
3Tech- Tillery
Nose- Jones
SSDE- Rochell
Will- Martini
Mike- Morgan
Sam- Onwualu
RCB- Luke
FS- Redfield
SS- Transquill
LCB- Crawford

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MZ is a SR who has 1 year left
Kizer is a Jr who has 1 year left
Wimbush is a Soph
Book is a Frosh

I believe Wimbush and Kizer each have 3 years of eligibility left. Zaire has 2. If both Kizer and Zaire play versus Texas Zaire will need to graduate to play his final year somewhere else. Kizer will be able to transfer sit out a year and play one season elsewhere. Wimbush hasn't used his redshirt year, so he could transfer and have 3 years to play elsewhere. (I think....this gets kind of complicated)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Wimbush and Kizer each have 3 years of eligibility left. Zaire has 2. If both Kizer and Zaire play versus Texas Zaire will need to graduate to play his final year somewhere else. Kizer will be able to transfer sit out a year and play one season elsewhere. Wimbush hasn't used his redshirt year, so he could transfer and have 3 years to play elsewhere. (I think....this gets kind of complicated)
Im counting this year. Kizer has 1 more left after this year I think. MZ has 1 more year also I might be wrong its tough to keep track.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world Kizer starts has a good year goes into the draft (weak QB draft), MZ starts next year has a good year gets drafted and Wimbush then starts for 2 years because he never used his redshirt.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimbush and Book will redshirt this year.
Kizer played last year as a red-shirt freshmen so he has 2 years left of eligibility
Zaire has 1 year left of eligibility.

Both Kizer and Zaire could be gone after this year but I don't see both of them leaving. I see Zaire being a graduate transfer and Kizer playing one more year.

2017- Kizer starting qb, Wimbush back-up...........Book transferring

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kizer played last year as a red-shirt freshmen so he has 2 years left of eligibility

Both Kizer and Zaire could be gone after this year but I don't see both of them leaving. I see Zaire being a graduate transfer and Kizer playing one more year.

I dont know man if Kizer has a good year this year he is gone. Scouts are already saying he has the NFL type body and arm. Its a weak class. Some have Kizer as the #2-3 QB in this class. I dont think that Miami QB is anything special. You have Clemson QB and then everyone else in this QB class.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ian Book isn't transferring anywhere. He's a solid player, but I am not sold that he's a starter anywhere. He had to know that going into ND, so I think he's here for the degree, but if I had to rate his talent level, its probably that of Tommy Rees. Good, could be a serviceable backup, but too many limitations to lead the team.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world Kizer starts has a good year goes into the draft (weak QB draft), MZ starts next year has a good year gets drafted and Wimbush then starts for 2 years because he never used his redshirt.
The only way you get two years out of Wimbush in this scenario is if he does redshirt this year. He's already used one year, if he didn't RS this year, he'd only have two years left, not three. So if Zaire starts next year, at most you'd have one with Wimbush (provided he hung around).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way you get two years out of Wimbush in this scenario is if he does redshirt this year. He's already used one year, if he didn't RS this year, he'd only have two years left, not three. So if Zaire starts next year, at most you'd have one with Wimbush (provided he hung around).
He will Redshirt this year. Kelly already said it unless something crazy happens this year. No injuries. Thats why he will have 2 years left.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Book isn't transferring anywhere. He's a solid player, but I am not sold that he's a starter anywhere. He had to know that going into ND, so I think he's here for the degree, but if I had to rate his talent level, its probably that of Tommy Rees. Good, could be a serviceable backup, but too many limitations to lead the team.
yeah I think he stays. He know we have a big time QB coming in next year. He is a back up/Depth player for ND. But I guess you never know because thats what Kizer was suppose to be. Kid came out of no where.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will Redshirt this year. Kelly already said it unless something crazy happens this year. No injuries. Thats why he will have 2 years left.
I know that. You're post said in a perfect world, he wouldn't have, and then could take over for two years after Zaire because he "didn't redshirt.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im counting this year. Kizer has 1 more left after this year I think. MZ has 1 more year also I might be wrong its tough to keep track.

Kizer has two years left after this one.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I got my tickets for the Navy game in Jacksonville. I'm meeting my parents there (it's about halfway between our houses.

It will be my first live game and my first game with my dad.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully the team will still be competing for a playoff spot or NY6 bowl.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this should be a sticky thread... who's the admin of the Notre Dame thread? Or could Edisto do it?