• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Season

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am ready for some football. Guys I had a bad dream last night. That we lost on opening day. After the loss Kelly took blame for the loss. I then broke my TV. LOL Oh by the way the starting QB was Kizer in my dream.

Give me football.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am ready for some football. Guys I had a bad dream last night. That we lost on opening day. After the loss Kelly took blame for the loss. I then broke my TV. LOL Oh by the way the starting QB was Kizer in my dream.

Give me football.
Kelly took the blame? You were definitely dreaming!

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think of the new uniforms for the Shamrock Series Game?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think of the new uniforms for the Shamrock Series Game?
These aren't my favorite. But then again I don't get too worked up over them anyway. It's funny listening to fans lose their shit over them.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These aren't my favorite. But then again I don't get too worked up over them anyway. It's funny listening to fans lose their shit over them.
I feel like they are a little better than the Super Bright Green ones last year... I'm guessing Under Armour tried to make it similar to the Army Uniform Style but im not too sure.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, yes it is having some people lose their minds over it :magnum:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they are a little better than the Super Bright Green ones last year... I'm guessing Under Armour tried to make it similar to the Army Uniform Style but im not too sure.
I don't mind the camo look. And I like the designs on the helmet idea but it looks like overkill. But as long as the players like em they're fine with me.

I follow ND Nation a lot and I enjoy the annual apoplectic fit that the boards throw over them

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the camo look. And I like the designs on the helmet idea but it looks like overkill. But as long as the players like em they're fine with me.

I follow ND Nation a lot and I enjoy the annual apoplectic fit that the boards throw over them
Oh I know what you mean about the Boards of fans... I follow a Facebook Group and they all went crazy mad when they saw the uniforms...

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I don't think I've liked any of them, but I've gotten to the point where I just say "it's only once a year, I'll get over it". There are so many other things that ND fans get to go nuts over, field turf, stadium changes, jumbotrons, players walking from the basilica, athletic dorms, alma mater after a loss. Once a year uniforms? I don't care.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't think I've liked any of them, but I've gotten to the point where I just say "it's only once a year, I'll get over it". There are so many other things that ND fans get to go nuts over, field turf, stadium changes, jumbotrons, players walking from the basilica, athletic dorms, alma mater after a loss. Once a year uniforms? I don't care.
IMO those too are all secondary issues.

Things like BVG, our red zone offense, and inconsistent special teams rate a lot higher. I think people might tolerate the "fan experience" enhancements more if they were consistently winning. Instead these changes feed the belief they are design to compensate for the lack of on-field production.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42. 42 days until kickoff in Austin. Man it sneaks up on you fast.
That Texas game is big man. Lose and its going to be a long season, win and it can be a start of a good season.

Kizer wins the starting spot, MZ transfer. I really want MZ to win the spot but Kizer looks like an NFL type QB and 2nd year starting is really going to help him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO those too are all secondary issues.

Things like BVG, our red zone offense, and inconsistent special teams rate a lot higher. I think people might tolerate the "fan experience" enhancements more if they were consistently winning. Instead these changes feed the belief they are design to compensate for the lack of on-field production.
BVG better get his act together. U heard Kelly on one of the radio shows that there are no more excused for the D. Meaning this is it for BVG. I though last year was it but Kelly is giving him 1 more year.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Texas game is big man. Lose and its going to be a long season, win and it can be a start of a good season.

Kizer wins the starting spot, MZ transfer. I really want MZ to win the spot but Kizer looks like an NFL type QB and 2nd year starting is really going to help him.
I don't know if Zaire wins out or not. And if not, I am not sure he transfers either, because he'd lose a year. He's already redshirted. He may grad transfer the following year in which case he wouldn't have to sit out.

I feel for the guy though. He cooled his heels behind Golson, when some think Golson probably had too much of a leash to screw up. Then he wins, looks great in camp and the opener, and has a horrific injury to end his season, and through no fault of his own, Kizer steps up and steps up big time. We're lucky to have both of them.