• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 season thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 39 on the entry list for Atlanta. I read on twitter that supposedly 40th place isn't even covering how much it costs to enter the race.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 39 on the entry list for Atlanta. I read on twitter that supposedly 40th place isn't even covering how much it costs to enter the race.
Maybe this is why Nascar isnt announcing the winnings anymore:suds:

- NASCAR ends posting race winnings: Ending a practice of more than six decades, NASCAR has stopped disclosing winnings in Sprint Cup box scores because of its new charter system, whose financial details are emerging.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool of a guy who always come off as a big jerk

He's not a jerk at all. He's just hyper competitive when he's inside the confines of the race track and that rubs some people the wrong way.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd never have to hope that a driver would meet you after a race with a guy like Richard Petty. He'd be there signing autographs to the sun went down each and every race. These little prima donna bitches like Kyle Busch and others are a poor excuse for their occasional throwing-a-fish to the fans like the above post. They are getting gobs of money, are worth huge amounts of cash, and yet it pains them to say hello to the fans once-in-awhile. Granted there are way more people these days and way more many whack jobs but give me a break. Seriously?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd never have to hope that a driver would meet you after a race with a guy like Richard Petty. He'd be there signing autographs to the sun went down each and every race. These little prima donna bitches like Kyle Busch and others are a poor excuse for their occasional throwing-a-fish to the fans like the above post. They are getting gobs of money, are worth huge amounts of cash, and yet it pains them to say hello to the fans once-in-awhile. Granted there are way more people these days and way more many whack jobs but give me a break. Seriously?
I think they also have a lot more commitments today, due to those sponsor dollars and a lot less time to themselves. I remember going to the track as a kid/ teenager and you're right, you could see a bunch of drivers and get autographs, goggles, tires, and all kinds of shit that they would gladly give away. I remember being on the infield at Darlington and Kenny Wallace was cruising around on a golf cart. I don't think anyone knew him then and we got his attention when he came by and the dude stopped, pulled up a chair, talked shit, and drank a few beers with us. It was pretty cool.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Overnight TV Ratings UPDATE: FOX's coverage of NASCAR's Duck Commander 500 led a typically quiet Saturday. In primetime the race scored a 0.9 rating / 3 share (4.22 million viewers) in adults 18-49, pending updates, tying with CBS' "48 Hours" for the top rating of the night.(TV by the Numbers)(4-11-2016)
UPDATE: NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Texas earned a 2.5 overnight rating on FOX Saturday night, down 14% from last year (2.9) and the lowest overnight ever for a Sprint Cup race on FOX. The 2.5 is also the lowest ever for the spring Texas race (dates back to 1997). In both cases, the previous low was set last year. No doubt contributing to the record-low performance was a nearly two-hour rain delay that pushed the start of the race past 9:30 PM ET. Despite the decline, the race was the top sporting event of the weekend outside of The Masters.(Sports Media Watch)(4-12-2016)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bristol TV Ratings UPDATE: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racing from Bristol had a 3.2 overnight rating on FOX Sunday afternoon, down 27% from 2013, the last time it was run as scheduled (4.4). The race was deluged by rain the past two years, with FOX airing just a few laps before handing off to Fox Sports 1. The network's abbreviated coverage had a 2.9 overnight last year and a 4.1 in 2014. Excluding rainouts, the 3.2 is the lowest for the spring Bristol race since it moved to FOX in 2001. The previous low was a 3.9 in 2011. It is also the lowest overnight for a Sunday Sprint Cup race on FOX, falling below a 3.3 for Dover in 2014. Overall, the 3.2 is tied as the fourth-lowest for any Sprint Cup race on FOX, regardless of day - matching Darlington in 2014 and ahead of only Texas the previous week (2.5), Texas last year (2.9) and Richmond in 2014 (3.0). Head-to-head, #19-Carl Edwards' win trailed competing coverage of the Pistons/Cavaliers NBA playoff game on ABC (4.1). As NASCAR ratings tend to rise from the overnights to the final, while NBA ratings decline, the race could still come out ahead when the final numbers are released (Spoirts Media Watch / Sports Business Daily)(4-19-2016)
UPDATE: NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Bristol (TN) earned a 3.4 final rating and 5.5 million viewers on FOX last Sunday afternoon, down 26% in ratings and 27% in viewership from 2013, the last time the race was run as scheduled (4.6, 7.5M). Both last year and in 2014, FOX aired only brief snippets of the race due to extensive rain delays. The network drew a 3.3 and 5.1 million for less than 15 minutes of racing last year, and a 4.5 and 7.3 million for 45 minutes of coverage in 2014. Despite the lower numbers, NASCAR on FOX was still the most-watched sports broadcast of the weekend - edging ABC's Pistons/Cavaliers NBA playoff game (5.4M).(Sports Media Watch)(4-23-2016)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Jayski:

Stewart says lug nut rule is a safety issue UPDATES:
#14-Tony Stewart is "beyond mad" with NASCAR over the sanctioning body's lack of lug nut enforcement on pit road, the driver/team owner said Wednesday. NASCAR stopped requiring teams to put all five lug nuts on its wheels at the start of last season, part of a new pit road technology initiative that also saw a reduction of its officiating force. With officials no longer in every pit box, NASCAR said it was up to the teams whether they should put all five lug nuts on the wheel or not. But teams have been pushing the limit by only securing as few as three lug nuts, creating an epidemic of loose wheels in the sport. And Stewart said it's only a matter of time before that ends badly. "I guarantee you that envelope is going to keep getting pushed until somebody gets hurt," Stewart said. "You will not have heard a rant that's going to be as bad as what's going to come out of my mouth if a driver gets hurt because of a loose wheel that hurts one of them. With all the crap we're going through with all the safety stuff, and for them to sit there and sit on their hands on this one ... this is not a game you play with safety and that's exactly the way I feel like NASCAR is treating this. This is not the way to do this." Stewart said NASCAR overall has done a fine job on safety -- such as mandating safety changes to superspeedway cars in technical bulletins -- but said "in this one particular area, they are totally dropping the ball and I feel like really made a grossly bad decision on."(USA Today)(4-21-2016)
UPDATE: NASCAR has fined Stewart-Haas Racing driver and co-owner Tony Stewart $35,000 for violations of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rule Book, the sanctioning body announced Thursday. Stewart's fine falls under Section 12 of the rule book, specifically member conduct guidelines. According to Section 12.8.1, actions that could result in a $10,000-$50,000 fine include disparaging the sport and/or NASCAR's leadership, or verbal abuse of a NASCAR Official, media members, fans, etc. Stewart announced earlier Thursday that he would return to the #14 Chevrolet this weekend at Richmond after missing the first eight races due to injury.(NASCAR.com)(4-21-2016)
UPDATE 2: The Sprint Cup Drivers Council released a statement Thursday night on Tony Stewart's punishment from NASCAR, supporting the three-time champion and announcing it would pay his $35,000 fine. The statement was released exclusively to NBC Sports through Drivers Council member Denny Hamlin. The statement reads:
"We as drivers believe Tony has the right to speak his opinion on topics that pertain to a sport that he has spent nearly two decades helping build as both a driver and an owner. While we do not condone drivers lashing out freely at NASCAR, we do feel Tony was in his rights to state his opinion. We as a Council support him and do not agree with the fine. Therefore, we fellow council members have agreed to contribute equally to paying his fine."
The Drivers Council was formed last year and meets periodically with NASCAR to discuss various issues from competition to safety. It added Brad Keselowski, Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch this year to a group that included returning members Hamlin, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Stewart, Kyle Larson, Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano.(NBC Sports)(4-22-2016)

So in other words, a driver calling out NASCAR for a stupid rule that could get someone hurt results in a $35,000 fine. :L

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched a NASCAR race in nearly a year mostly due to working a lot. But this latest bathroom bullshit is the epitome of stupid of which Brian France personifies to the max. I don't miss watching this boring, redundant product that this colossal screw-up as manufactured. In my mind, NASCAR is just about toast.

I watch F-1, IndyCar, and NHRA. F-1 with its drama queens is on the same path as NASACR but Gene Haas has made it interesting with his no-BS approach. Indycar is still very competitive and anyone can win on any given weekend. Same goes for NHRA. But NASCAR? Laughable. Snooze......