• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Ryder Cup

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for you to prove me wrong.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Euros. :yes:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job done by the americans. They really turned it up today and turned it into a laugher. The Ryder Cup itself needed US to win to make it a legit event.

The pressure was really on Phil too. The whole "task force" thing was a weight around his neck.

One thing I could not believe. Phil's last putt, which was a huge putt ...before & after the putt Jim Nance brings up that tempest in a tea cup about Phil throwing Hal Sutton under the bus earlier in the week.

Was the moment not big enough for that buffoon that he had to bring it up twice?

Unreal.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my first post here. I was at the Ryder Cup. It was the first pro golf event I have ever been to. It was a lot of fun. USA! USA! USA!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were in the bleachers behind #16 green for the friday morning matches. That was the spot! Awesome weekend. I think I was sober for about 2-3 hours. Great weather too.

No i was not one of the fans heckling Rory, but I did want to punch him in the face.

Epic sunday of the Ryder Cup. Phil and Sergio with 19 birdies in that match?

Highly recommend everyone go to one of these in their lifetime.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pressure was really on Phil too. The whole "task force" thing was a weight around his neck.

I thought both comments about Watson in '14 and this year about Sutton were fairly poor sportsmanship, but yeah....I gotta give Mickleson a lot of credit. He put that on himself and he delivered. The whole US team really stepped up - good for the event.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory is the engine for the Euros ....Somebody needs to beat him not just for the points but for a morale killer.

You called it and his names is Patrick Reed!

He was clearly the superstar of this Ryder, and that singles match was so electric that is was nuts for about 5 or 6 holes.

Kudos to both Phil and Sergio...that was a helluva round by both.

At the end of the day...the US was the better team on paper and they proved it on the course...GO U.S.A!!!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were in the bleachers behind #16 green for the friday morning matches. That was the spot! Awesome weekend. I think I was sober for about 2-3 hours. Great weather too.

No i was not one of the fans heckling Rory, but I did want to punch him in the face.

Epic sunday of the Ryder Cup. Phil and Sergio with 19 birdies in that match?

Highly recommend everyone go to one of these in their lifetime.

I want to go but the some of the "fans" are completely over the top. I'll go as far as cheering for a missed 3 footer by a Euro but some of the crap is way beyond what you should see in competitive golf. I forget who it was, but one of the Euro's was swinging someone started making some noise right when he started his downswing. I don't think it affected the shot but that's not what it's supposed to be about.

And Rory showed a bit of class. They asked him about the fans and he said that it's basically the same things the U.S. deals with when it's across the Atlantic.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to go but the some of the "fans" are completely over the top. I'll go as far as cheering for a missed 3 footer by a Euro but some of the crap is way beyond what you should see in competitive golf. I forget who it was, but one of the Euro's was swinging someone started making some noise right when he started his downswing. I don't think it affected the shot but that's not what it's supposed to be about.

And Rory showed a bit of class. They asked him about the fans and he said that it's basically the same things the U.S. deals with when it's across the Atlantic.

It is. The Euros applauded when the US team 3 putts and loses a hole. You dam right. But I agree that no fans should make noise when either team is addressing the ball.

But Rory was talking shit to the crowd too. And when you do that, you are bringing that on yourself. He's a helluva player - but this is one of the most competitive things in all of sports. So you are going to get some fans that are over the top.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was there for all of Saturday and Sunday and I didn't personally witness anything like that. I wouldn't let something like that get in the way of going to one of these. When there are dozens of cameras covering everything you are going to catch a couple bad apples but the overwhelming majority of fans were great.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there for all of Saturday and Sunday and I didn't personally witness anything like that. I wouldn't let something like that get in the way of going to one of these. When there are dozens of cameras covering everything you are going to catch a couple bad apples but the overwhelming majority of fans were great.

I'd totally go. I was just commenting on some of the behavior out there. It was the only thing I saw on the coverage (I want to say it was Westwood who it happened to) and he didn't make anything of it. And it is cool to see a different sort of environment with the players getting pumped up on every putt and the fans and the "bad guys" going back and forth. It's probably refreshing for some of the golfers to get that interactive with the fans as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was OTT, but I think Rory incited the crowd...when he made the bomb, and broke out into his "I Can't Hear You" scream...it was great when Reed shut his ass up with birdie on top.

The class I thought was urging the Euros fans not to retaliate...but they sell beer over there too!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was OTT, but I think Rory incited the crowd...when he made the bomb, and broke out into his "I Can't Hear You" scream...it was great when Reed shut his ass up with birdie on top.

The class I thought was urging the Euros fans not to retaliate...but they sell beer over there too!

Totally baited the crowd. If you don't want fans barking at you, then don't take bows and talk shit to the crowd. It's pretty simple.

Euros just need to wipe their tears and try to the cup back in 2 years.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is. The Euros applauded when the US team 3 putts and loses a hole. You dam right. But I agree that no fans should make noise when either team is addressing the ball.

But Rory was talking shit to the crowd too. And when you do that, you are bringing that on yourself. He's a helluva player - but this is one of the most competitive things in all of sports. So you are going to get some fans that are over the top.

I agree with everything you said but he is a helluva player. I don't know if you got a chance to watch him a bit in person but I can't believe what a high baller he is. I was at Chambers Bay for the U.S. Open and you could see his balls in the air half way across the course (there's one lonely tree there). And that's not an exaggeration. My question is how does Northern Ireland with its harsh conditions produce one of the biggest high ballers of all time? It doesn't make sense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said but he is a helluva player. I don't know if you got a chance to watch him a bit in person but I can't believe what a high baller he is. I was at Chambers Bay for the U.S. Open and you could see his balls in the air half way across the course (there's one lonely tree there). And that's not an exaggeration. My question is how does Northern Ireland with its harsh conditions produce one of the biggest high ballers of all time? It doesn't make sense.

I saw Rory at East Lake and this was prior to him bulking up to what he looks like now...it was still a high ball back then. He gets a tremendous amount of clubhead speed out of a pretty average size body...probably 5'10 maybe 180.

My buggy and I saw Tiger back in '97 at the old Bellsouth tourney and we were amazed at his power for such a body type as well, and we both said back then...we wondered how long will he be able to swing that hard...I have the same thought about Rory and Jason Day...we're already seeing Jason start to break down a little.

To answer your question...I can't answer it...lol. Very strange, but he is noted to not really be fond of links golf, yet he's won the British.