• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I mean, (I like) just the whole school itself,” Brown said Saturday following his East team’s 37-9 loss to the West in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl at the Alamodome. “When I went up there, I had a good visit. My parents enjoyed it when I was there, so that’s a big part of my reasoning why I liked it at Tennessee.”

“Just the academic program and the coaching staff,” said Brown, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 8 overall prospect and No. 3 defensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class. “I love the coaching staff.”

Gillespie and Coach Jancek. But, unfortunately, he’s gone now,” Brown said, referring to Jancek. “But I’ve still got a bond with Coach Gillespie. “Coach Jones is cool. I like Coach Jones a lot.”

“I feel like I can fit in and come in and play with (freshman defensive tackle Kahlil (McKenzie) and all them, and just go in and try to make an early impact,” Brown said.

He already has taken official visits to Mississippi State and Alabama. He said Tennessee is getting his final visit because “my mom just set it up that way.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like Tennessee might be the leader here.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I had just assumed that Tennessee was out of it for Velus Jones after he nearly committed to Oklahoma back in December. I was wrong.

Hearing that Tennessee is still very much in that race and not to count them out. Credit Azzanni for keeping them in that one."

- Fortenberry

Velus Jones - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will visit Alabama (Jan. 15), Tennessee (Jan. 22), and Ole Miss (Jan. 29), and he is not looking at any other options.

“No sir, that’s it. That’s my final three,” Jones said. “They were just the schools who were there through thick and thin. Even throughout my injury. I just felt like those were the best fits for me as a player.”
-Rivals

Mykel Jones - Yahoo! Sports