• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not so sure about Vaccaro. He bounced back pretty well last year.

That may be, but when you take a safety with the 15th overall pick, you've got to be better than just a starter to justify the pick. Expectations should be higher with the #1 overall than the 32nd.

Maybe I should've called it the Annual NinerSickness First-Round Disappointments Pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be, but when you take a safety with the 15th overall pick, you've got to be better than just a starter to justify the pick. Expectations should be higher with the #1 overall than the 32nd.

Maybe I should've called it the Annual NinerSickness First-Round Disappointments Pick.

It's tough on a defense that bad. Safety is largely a support position, but he can't support everyone. He was good his rookie year before injury, bad his 2nd year, then good again his 3rd year. He just may emerge if they can build that defense up a bit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry was a luxury pick. one that a team this bad doesn't have.

They took yet another 43 DE to try and play in the 34...and he's old.

They gave up way too much, and a team that bad shouldn't be trading away future picks (just to top it off).

they traded franchise tackle capital for a RT who Polian and Cossell both think is a guard.

Henry...he was a lux pick, but again they had a ton of picks and the kid does have talent...as PIT learned...RBs get hurt. Scanning the board I would've gone a different direction...I mostly agree with you here.

43 DE...no push back there, and no but...surprised LeBeau signed off on that one...IF he was asked, and if he wasn't, why do you have him there? IMO this was the worse of the lot.

OT...Polian, I give him some cred...not Cossell, he has no more insight than you or I...I do agree Tunsil should have been the pick there, but, they had like 10 draft picks...agree they don't have picks to waste as a bad team, but 10+ rookies (counting UDFA) don't need to be on your team at one time. You should leverage some of those to maneuver the board to get what you want.

One note on OT...imo there is still a premium on a blind side protector, but the modern game is bringing RT much closer to LT in importance..most good DEF balance out the pass rush from both sides. You can't have a slouch playing RT anymore.

In general I was pushing back on "awful"...idt it was awful, but could have been better.

If I were the GM....just addressing the top 4.

Tunsil, OT
Spence, OLB
Austin Johnson, DT
Jarran Reed, DE

That looks better to me, but I'm sure somebody would cut that down as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's tough on a defense that bad. Safety is largely a support position, but he can't support everyone. He was good his rookie year before injury,

He was??? Didn't PFF rate him the worst safety in the league his rookie year? I thought he was terrible when I watched him in 2013.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tunsil, OT
Spence, OLB
Austin Johnson, DT
Jarran Reed, DE

Not cutting that down...thats a much better draft

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was??? Didn't PFF rate him the worst safety in the league his rookie year? I thought he was terrible when I watched him in 2013.
I think he is garbage. Texas made him play all of these different positions but he was bad at all of them. Football is a specialty sport and Vaccaro isn't good at anything. Its not like Ramsey from this draft where if Ramsey can't play CB then he can find a spot at S.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry...he was a lux pick, but again they had a ton of picks and the kid does have talent...as PIT learned...RBs get hurt. Scanning the board I would've gone a different direction...I mostly agree with you here.

43 DE...no push back there, and no but...surprised LeBeau signed off on that one...IF he was asked, and if he wasn't, why do you have him there? IMO this was the worse of the lot.

OT...Polian, I give him some cred...not Cossell, he has no more insight than you or I...I do agree Tunsil should have been the pick there, but, they had like 10 draft picks...agree they don't have picks to waste as a bad team, but 10+ rookies (counting UDFA) don't need to be on your team at one time. You should leverage some of those to maneuver the board to get what you want.

One note on OT...imo there is still a premium on a blind side protector, but the modern game is bringing RT much closer to LT in importance..most good DEF balance out the pass rush from both sides. You can't have a slouch playing RT anymore.

In general I was pushing back on "awful"...idt it was awful, but could have been better.

Tunsil, OT
Spence, OLB
Austin Johnson, DT
Jarran Reed, DE

Yours is a Way better draft than Robinson gave them.

I liked

Jackson, CB
Jack, LB
Spriggs, OT
Reed, DE
Billings, DT (classic 3-4 Nose)

I'm ok with the 3rd round S

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked what Cleveland did this draft. Got a huge number of players and have 2 #1s and 2 #2s next year.

Building a foundation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yours is a Way better draft than Robinson gave them.

I liked

Jackson, CB
Jack, LB
Spriggs, OT
Reed, DE
Billings, DT (classic 3-4 Nose)

I'm ok with the 3rd round S

Maybe we chose the wrong profession...I like this much better as well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to dissapoint you, but the american people will be first in this election, your corporate whores will have to sit out this time.
You're not disappointing me. The American people are. If any of these candidates get elected I'll be disappointed.
Talk about picking the best of the worst:doh:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to dissapoint you, but the american people will be first in this election, your corporate whores will have to sit out this time.
Why don't you take your crap to the politics board, I'm sure you are more than welcomed there.