• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 New York Rangers On Going Thread

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its probably a first round exit anyway. Did you even watch the last 4 games the whole team looked terrible. Raanta is not going to save us. Now I know you hate Hank. I have been pretty critical of him this year as well. But he is constantly getting bombarded by high quality scoring chances and his defensemen do nothing to clear the front so the puck is constantly getting deflected thats tough for any goalie to deal with. The Rangers on the other hand when they do get the offense its usually one shot and done and not a lot going on in the front.

no its not a matter of hating Hank. He chokes! Now would be the time to test your theory pf the front 5 by letting Raanta start. to me the front 5 play better with Raanta than Hank but the reality is AV probably wont do a damn thing.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its not a matter of hating Hank. He chokes! Now would be the time to test your theory pf the front 5 by letting Raanta start. to me the front 5 play better with Raanta than Hank but the reality is AV probably wont do a damn thing.

Maybe a little but they are still like posts on the ice. They do nothing to give the goalie sight. I seriously doubt that changes all that much if you start Rantaa. Though he does need more starts. I mean Hank is no spring chicken anymore and if you want to take a serious run at the playoffs he will need to be rested.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, he most def. improved his game in the minors! kinda like the ride over the GW bridge is so much better now that the toll has been raised

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rangers win a cup when hank leaves, mattingly left the yanks and bang WS rings one after the other

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rangers win a cup when hank leaves, mattingly left the yanks and bang WS rings one after the other

Lets not be ridiculous Raanta has yet to prove he can be a number 1 over a whole season and we still have a bad defense and have almost no skill players. Without a Toews Kane Crosby type player we wont have a shot.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a shot whoever the better goalie is....I say its Raanta, he plays better against tougher teams. AV better think whats best for the team and not who is most popular:nod:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a shot whoever the better goalie is....I say its Raanta, he plays better against tougher teams. AV better think whats best for the team and not who is most popular:nod:

You know ultimately you might be right but if you seriously think you have a shot at a Stanley Cup who are you going to put in goal the guy who has played backup his whole career that has never started in the playoffs that im aware of or the guy who has a GAA of 2.28 and Save % of .921 in 116 starts. No coach would go with Raanta in this situation.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its known that Raanta plays the tougher teams better than Hank. Raanta usually doesn't give up the first goal and his 2 minute mode is lower than Hanks.....now if you want to blame the defense in support of Hank okay then you have to do the same for Raanta. We need the goalie that performs the best against top tier teams and that's Raanta hands down

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not be ridiculous Raanta has yet to prove he can be a number 1 over a whole season and we still have a bad defense and have almost no skill players. Without a Toews Kane Crosby type player we wont have a shot.

you misunderstood, this has nothing to do with raanta, mattingly was one of the greats, yanks just couldn't get it done for him, either....

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you misunderstood, this has nothing to do with raanta, mattingly was one of the greats, yanks just couldn't get it done for him, either....

Its a fair comparison also like Mattingly Lundqvist has had a shit team in front of him most of his career. Im not sure about the coaching of the Yankees in the 80s and early 90s but it has been terrible for most of Hanks career.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this has to be one of the worst/dumbest played games by both teams, who wins it? lol how many freekin penalties called?????

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have bet the farm rangers lose the carolina game from the very 1st power play, even tho they scored a goal.

Regardless of the many good players this team has had through the years, as a fan, this org., never acquires players with the killer extinct, with its biggest investment, Nash... thats why no cups.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that penalty called just now, stupidest call i have even seen, guy tries to split to defenders, now you know there will be contact, the guy falls and they call a penalty, and as i'm posing about it rangers score shorthander!!! HAHA idiot refs!!!!

1zip

go rangers

Last edited:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
short side, why would you ever leave your guy alone?
1-1

love hockey, but the players aint the brightest